Polestar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all. I got in the car last Thursday to get some shopping and found the brake pedal jammed. I dont mean very stiff but jammed at the top. It took a few hardy pumps to get the normal pedal action back. Thought it may have been as the car had sat for a few days in these very cold conditions. Got in the car this morning and the same thing. It is due into the garage tomorrow for the ongoing 4G/LTE/Wifi issues and a few other niggles.
I drive full one pedal most of the time. I don't want to think what could happen if i need to use the brakes and the pedal is jammed again.
Anyone else had a similar problem?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wow that sounds weird! Never had such a problem here. Have you only found this when preparing to set off?

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that sounds weird! Never had such a problem here. Have you only found this when preparing to set off?
Morning @Irf Yes, only on setting off, never while driving but again, single pedal driving most of the time means i dont test the brakes very often. Maybe i should start. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
We are the same, normally OPD. Yesterday when out I needed to brake and it was fine thankfully. Hopefully this is just a problem that manifests at the start of a drive, not during it!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
PP or non-PP ?

Also the car always uses the physical brakes at the start of a drive to clean the discs in case if emergency braking is needed.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Make sure the garage are aware so they can collect on a low loader for software update and investigation. Not experienced anything like that.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
PP or non-PP ?

Also the car always uses the physical brakes at the start of a drive to clean the discs in case if emergency braking is needed.
I've noticed this, too. Only for the first couple of meters as I'm backing out of my garage... I can hear it and feel the rotors being scraped clean.

Also, to the OP, it doesn't matter if you use OPD or not, all of us are using regen until we need to brake hard.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Might be worth checking brake fluid levels just in case. My failing memory tells me that Tesla, i think, had a problem with insufficient brake fluid when shipped. (may be wrong though)

·
Registered
103 Posts
The new brake by wire system has no vacuum brake booster, so what's happen is that the pedal need to simulate a correct brake feeling between transaction of e-brake and mechanical brake. In order to do this the actuator have to calibrate the pedal travel (start position). This happens quite often, you can hear a rattling noise from foot area when getting into the car or if you stay inside while charging and with the foot on the brake. When the calibration process is started the pedal get extremely firm, the pedal will go back to normal as soon as it hits top of its position (lift of)

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
The new brake by wire system has no vacuum brake booster, so what's happen is that the pedal need to simulate a correct brake feeling between transaction of e-brake and mechanical brake. In order to do this the actuator have to calibrate the pedal travel (start position). This happens quite often, you can hear a rattling noise from foot area when getting into the car or if you stay inside while charging and with the foot on the brake. When the calibration process is started the pedal get extremely firm, the pedal will go back to normal as soon as it hits top of its position (lift of)
this whole getting useful information from an Internet forum is amazing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts