Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can’t select days, can’t save. All greyed out…
Why is something so simple so difficult to make it work…. ?
Anybody else having same issue ?
Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Screenshot

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
1,020 Posts
You need to press add timer at the top.
That’s just a title it’s not clickable.

On my iphone after entering a time the days are un-greyed-out and I can proceed, but I don’t get the am/pm toggle. Perhaps you need to tap on it to set it so it considers the time set to move onto days?

I see Polestar is still on a crusade to violate every single one of Apple’s human interface guidelines and they continue to avoid standard controls etc making their app awkward to use. The most annoying thing for me is the very subtle way they use fading in/out to indicate loading. It’s never obvious wether you’re looking at stale data or not.

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
340 Posts
That’s just a title it’s not clickable.
I think it's most certainly meant to be clickable, hence the "Cancel" on the left and the greyed-out "Save" on the right.

I got it to work on Android, although it felt unintuitive. (The UX in the car is just as bad, though.) Yes, one has to click "Add timer" first.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I think it's most certainly meant to be clickable, hence the "Cancel" on the left and the greyed-out "Save" on the right.

I got it to work on Android, although it felt unintuitive. (The UX in the car is just as bad, though.) Yes, one has to click "Add timer" first.
As a long time iphone user it would never occur to me that the”Add timer” is meant to be clickable, it’s just the title of the view that pops up after you tapped “Add timer +” button on the climate view. What are clickable however are the Cancel and Save on either side of the title. It’s one of the few standard iOS dialogs the app uses so the least confusing in that regard.

Save is there and greyed out until you select time and day(s) which makes sense.

What doesn’t make much sense is that the days are greyed out and unselectable unless you set the time. I find this decision odd.

In my case as I use 24h clock and don’t have an am/pm choice, as soon as I enter 4 digits I’m able to pick day(s) and click save. I suspect merely entering the time will not satisfy the “time is set” condition to proceed to days until you select am or pm.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Frustrating UI design. You must first input digits in all positions before it will allow you to the next step of selecting days then saving.

If you want your timer to be for 08:00, then you have to press 0, 8, 0, 0.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes it's not the most intuitive. Try tapping the weekdays or enter a specific time and see if it becomes active?

The time digit flashes lightly when selected so you can enter "individually"... Note it's not 24 hour so anything beyond 12 is invalid.

The title "Add timer" is just the title of the sheet, not a function.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Premium Member
Snow Performance Napa Hitch
146 Posts
Still not working for me. I'm on an iPhone. I can enter a time, but everything else is greyed out. Sigh.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I'm still greyed out... View attachment 7701
Have you tried giving the AM/PM toggle a good “turning off and on again” just in case?

Seems to be a bug affecting those using 12 hour locales, that probably slipped past QA.

Update: never mind I tried turning off 24 clock on my iPhone and it works fine, must be something else.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not so. It must use your device settings, as its 24 hour for me.

View attachment 7697
Thank you all.
In my case it is the 24 hr setting on my iPhone. I changed it from the 12hr to the 24hr setting and then it allows me to enter the days.
The app doesn’t work with the 12hr am/pm setting on Apple iOS 14.8

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Thank you all.
In my case it is the 24 hr setting on my iPhone. I changed it from the 12hr to the 24hr setting and then it allows me to enter the days.
The app doesn’t work with the 12hr am/pm setting on Apple iOS 14.8
I guess they just tested on iOS 15 as with that it works with either 12 or 24 hour setting.

·
Registered
2021, Midnight, PP, Barley
20 Posts
I'm also on iOS 14.8 and it's not working. Can we confirm that the boxes stay grayed out / untappable on 14.8, but it's working for iOS 15 users?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I'm also on iOS 14.8 and it's not working. Can we confirm that the boxes stay grayed out / untappable on 14.8, but it's working for iOS 15 users?
As I said it’s working for me on iOS 15 with either 12 or 24 hour clock. Dates become tappable as soon as 4 digits are entered on the time field in both cases.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As I said it’s working for me on iOS 15 with either 12 or 24 hour clock. Dates become tappable as soon as 4 digits are entered on the time field in both cases.
It’s more complicated apparently. I now upgraded from iOS 14.8 to 15 and in 15 it still does not work with 12hr format but it does work with 24hr format.
Even after entering digits in each filed of 00:00 everything else stays greyed out.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
It’s more complicated apparently. I now upgraded from iOS 14.8 to 15 and in 15 it still does not work with 12hr format but it does work with 24hr format.
Even after entering digits in each filed of 00:00 everything else stays greyed out.
I wonder what else is triggering this issue, I’m using English UK language and region and it’s fine.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts