Polestar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my car today and although I have had it for a few hours I am still busy playing.

One issue I seem to have is the no connection to 4G issue. This seems to result in the Hey Google functionality not working as well as all of the internet related apps not working. This makes the infotainment system useless.

Do any of you know of an alternative, or can I connect via my phone?

Tried a WiFi hotspot bit the car does not seem to find it.

Cheers

M.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
365 Posts
I’m afraid you are living the same dream as the rest of us. My 4G is currently not working and WiFi hasn’t corrected itself post the last software update despite many soft and hard resets. Mine is going in this Thursday so I hope it gets sorted.

Congratulations on your car by the way.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,516 Posts
Congratulations on getting your car Mark!

Sadly though the best thing to do is badger Polestar's customer services about it. You can try connecting through your phone but the latest software has generally messed up most WiFi connectivity too! Which of course makes over-the-air updates a little tricky if you have neither 4G data access or WiFi...

One thing that might be worth trying is to turn Mobile Data off in the settings, then drive somewhere where you have full mobile access, preferably EE (not confirmed), say in the middle of a town. Then turn mobile data on again and see if it reappears.

Otherwise it sometimes reappears overnight, after the car has gone into a fairly low power state for some hours.

Basically - it's a lottery. In fact, there's a thread called exactly that right here... 4G lottery

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,516 Posts
You can either call them or use the online Web Chat:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts