Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Updated Google Maps from the Play Store app today, and I was treated to EV filters and options! Hope you all can see it too!
Nature Rectangle World Font Material property
Wood Font Handwriting Gadget Pattern
World Font Rectangle Technology Screenshot
World Asphalt Rectangle Font Road surface

·
Registered
543 Posts
Got it. But it is payment filters. Not helpful, need provider filters to select Ionity. Could have been usefully. Sigh...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it. But it is payment filters. Not helpful, need provider filters to select Ionity. Could have been usefully. Sigh...
The phrasing might seem weird, but it acts exactly like picking your provider. Now I see suggestions for Electrify America only. ☺

·
Registered
543 Posts
The phrasing might seem weird, but it acts exactly like picking your provider. Now I see suggestions for Electrify America only. ☺
Not here it does not. I select Plugsurfing (my payment method for Ionity) And get (almost) every charger in Europe (which is correct).

Here most payment methods cover many providers.

·
Registered
MY2021, P*2, nonPP
10 Posts
Not here it does not. I select Plugsurfing (my payment method for Ionity) And get (almost) every charger in Europe (which is correct).

Here most payment methods cover many providers.
Hi, Does it show if the chargers are available or in use? So you’re not driving down a parking lot where all chargers are in use?

Reactions: Zia

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would really appreciate a live recalculation of the charging stops as conditions like SoC, traffic, weather, and waypoints change. I’ve requested some of these features on the Google Maps community forum. I hope it gets prioritized.

·
Registered
MY2021, P*2, nonPP
10 Posts
Yes - even before the update. Unfortunately not updated while driving.
Thanks.
okay,that’s good enough for now :)
Is it good to calculate the route and find out when to charge when going on a 400 miles trip?
Considering heights, weather, weight and so on?

Taking delivery on my2021 on Wednesday and going for a Long drive next weekend

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My experience is that Google Maps is really very good at predicting. Their SoC approximation is pessimistic, but it really does take elevation, road conditions, battery approximations into consideration when trying to figure out how you can get there. It offered me options to choose from when I was driving back from Portland, and I kept choosing the charging stations that I could get to with about 15-20% SoC, so I’m hoping the system is learning and personalizing the routing for me over time.

·
Registered
MY2021, P*2, nonPP
10 Posts
My experience is that Google Maps is really very good at predicting. Their SoC approximation is pessimistic, but it really does take elevation, road conditions, battery approximations into consideration when trying to figure out how you can get there. It offered me options to choose from when I was driving back from Portland, and I kept choosing the charging stations that I could get to with about 15-20% SoC, so I’m hoping the system is learning and personalizing the routing for me over time.
sounds great 👍
Yeah it should also consider at which percentage the battery is charging the quickest - but hopefully the car passes that data onto google when calculating the route.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yes - even before the update. Unfortunately not updated while driving.
Well, you can update the info by switching between showing detailed view (normal navigation) and showing the whole route.
Info is still not reflecting real time leading to good and bad surprises.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
347 Posts
Black Communication Device Gadget Font Mobile device

In the UK, no Ionity, BP Pulse, or pretty much any of the other common chargers. Sure, Shell is in there, but they hardly have the coverage. Where is GridServe, for example?

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
922 Posts
View attachment 7451

In the UK, no Ionity, BP Pulse, or pretty much any of the other common chargers. Sure, Shell is in there, but they hardly have the coverage. Where is GridServe, for example?
Yeah BP pulse missing is a bit of a joke considering the offer Polestar made to early buyers. I am aware this update is unrelated to Polestar, but still how hard would it be to work together and sort these little things

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,059 Posts
Google announced another exciting feature this morning. I said "Ok Google, navigate to Warwick". It responded with:

"Navigating to Warwick"
pause
"While driving, if you want to listen to the news, simply say Hey Google, play the...".
ba-dink
(Google starts listening and shows "Play the")
(Google thinks "that's not a command" and cancels the navigation.)

Thanks Google, it listened to its own hints and tips! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
922 Posts
Google announced another exciting feature this morning. I said "Ok Google, navigate to Warwick". It responded with:

"Navigating to Warwick"
pause
"While driving, if you want to listen to the news, simply say Hey Google, play the...".
ba-dink
(Google starts listening and shows "Play the")
(Google thinks "that's not a command" and cancels the navigation.)

Thanks Google, it listened to its own hints and tips! :rolleyes:
Oh wow, it did the by the way thing to me but at least it didn't trigger itself.

Alexa started doing this a while ago, and for a while I'd go deep into their menus and disable all those new features until they started adding ones you can't disable so the end result is we're a Siri home now.

Reminded me of something towards the end of "Why we drive" that basically said that if Google were to make eg a self driving car, they wouldn't make one better for you so you'd want to pay more to get it, but they'd make one better for them, so you'd probably have to listen to ads or say no about sixty times to get to your destination for "free".

Basically Google is the exact opposite of Polestar's values, so I hope they come to their senses and do the right thing.

·
Registered
Stock P*2 MDNT VIN: 011***
371 Posts
The map orientation bug I think is one of the worst. That’s when the maps orientation turns upside down. I wasn’t sure if it was happening or I was just not keeping up but yep. I watched the map turn itself around from the passenger seat and fixed it by taping the compass to reorient the map to north is up.

·
Registered
PP, Magnesium, Slate, SW2130
45 Posts
Noticed yesterday we were able to add a stop to our route. Had started navigating to home. Decided to visit a grocery store whilst driving. Told google to navigate to this specific store, and it was added as a stop to my route. After the store visit, navigation to home continued.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Noticed yesterday we were able to add a stop to our route. Had started navigating to home. Decided to visit a grocery store whilst driving. Told google to navigate to this specific store, and it was added as a stop to my route. After the store visit, navigation to home continued.
That's not a new feature, but useful nonetheless.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts