Polestar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

Glad to be here, can't wait for my Polestar 2 to arrive (hopefully January at the latest, maybe earlier if I was wearing my rose-tinted glasses).

I have a few comments/questions :

1. We have ordered a Pod Point 7Kw option but I understand that you need a 32A cable to get the best out of the unit - is that right and if so, any recommendations?
2. I saw someone said their car arrived with 70 miles on the clock - really? I have never had more than 5 miles on any cars I have bought, why would there be 70 mikes on the clock?
3. How accurate have people found the estimated delivery dates to be?
4. Wifi - is that still an issue with cars delivered now?
5. Does anyone have any insight into the phone app? I heard it was Q1 2021 but also have seen in my documentation that I need to be available to take receipt of the car and have my phone with me which maybe seems promising?

I am absolutely sure i will have more questions and comment, but these are my starting points, looking forward to getting involved in this forum with Polestar like-minded people!!

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
138 Posts
Morning and Welcome
1/ When my Pod Point was installed they provided the 32amp cable. I think they have a run length max then you pay extra.
2/ My car arrived on a truck with 7 miles only
3/ My car was delivered on the original estimated day
4/ Not tried the WiFi option. Had no need. When i got the car it did connect to my house WiFi but this is the extent of my experience
5/ they ask for your phone to have the app but from my experience it was not needed. At the moment there is no communication between the car and phone other than bluetooth for calls and media

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morning and Welcome
1/ When my Pod Point was installed they provided the 32amp cable. I think they have a run length max then you pay extra.
2/ My car arrived on a truck with 7 miles only
3/ My car was delivered on the original estimated day
4/ Not tried the WiFi option. Had no need. When i got the car it did connect to my house WiFi but this is the extent of my experience
5/ they ask for your phone to have the app but from my experience it was not needed. At the moment there is no communication between the car and phone other than bluetooth for calls and media
Great thanks very much, that is all useful!!! I had my rose tinted glasses on for the car delivery - I am hoping for sooner - not good at waiting!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
All

Glad to be here, can't wait for my Polestar 2 to arrive (hopefully January at the latest, maybe earlier if I was wearing my rose-tinted glasses).

I have a few comments/questions :

1. We have ordered a Pod Point 7Kw option but I understand that you need a 32A cable to get the best out of the unit - is that right and if so, any recommendations?
2. I saw someone said their car arrived with 70 miles on the clock - really? I have never had more than 5 miles on any cars I have bought, why would there be 70 mikes on the clock?
3. How accurate have people found the estimated delivery dates to be?
4. Wifi - is that still an issue with cars delivered now?
5. Does anyone have any insight into the phone app? I heard it was Q1 2021 but also have seen in my documentation that I need to be available to take receipt of the car and have my phone with me which maybe seems promising?

I am absolutely sure i will have more questions and comment, but these are my starting points, looking forward to getting involved in this forum with Polestar like-minded people!!

Cheers

Ian

I got the untethered podpoint, so I did need to get a 32A cable. Got one of these for the 5 year warranty Gen3.1 Charging Cable Type 2 to Type 2
The 70 miles is if they have to drive the car to you rather than on the back of a flat bed. I've only heard of a couple of cases where this has happened.
My delivery date was meant to be last Friday. Had to contact support to be told it wasn't happening as there was a fault. Now it is going to be the 1st December. 10 days late, but they did give me an XC60 as a loan car as I'd sold my old one.

Can't help with the rest I'm afraid as I haven't got the car :)

Still looking forward to having mine next week though

·
Registered
159 Posts
As per above + phone is used to get you to sign in to Google to help set-up the apps.

car delivered on flatbed.

if untethered then the 32A cable runs better. Here are a couple of shots from yesterday on an untethered Podpoint 7kw. One with standard 16A cable, and one with a 32A (3P). Car was already 75% charged fyi.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
Hi and welcome.
I have a Zappi tethered charger which will give 7kw. Through recommendation in here I have also bought a 32amp 3 phase type 2 cable to stick in the nose...I have removed the provided cables as no good.

mine arrived today with 70 on the clock as they drove it here rather than flatbed. Not happy but not biggest drama I’ve had.

wifi at home works fine for me and is connected to the latest BT smart hub on my full fibre. No settings had to be changed to make it work.

Both of my erm delivery dates were accurate...long story!

no news re app as others have stated but am looking forward to it. My car appears to be a non recall one or one that has been addressed before delivery. Latest updates applied and ready for OTA updates...easy setting to locate in the car.

very pleased and you have made a good choice. I’m glad I stuck with the brand.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi and welcome.
I have a Zappi tethered charger which will give 7kw. Through recommendation in here I have also bought a 32amp 3 phase type 2 cable to stick in the nose...I have removed the provided cables as no good.

mine arrived today with 70 on the clock as they drove it here rather than flatbed. Not happy but not biggest drama I’ve had.

wifi at home works fine for me and is connected to the latest BT smart hub on my full fibre. No settings had to be changed to make it work.

Both of my erm delivery dates were accurate...long story!

no news re app as others have stated but am looking forward to it. My car appears to be a non recall one or one that has been addressed before delivery. Latest updates applied and ready for OTA updates...easy setting to locate in the car.

very pleased and you have made a good choice. I’m glad I stuck with the brand.
Good feedback, thanks. Having done the test drive in October down at Farnborough I have to say I am really looking forward to "the day". I did test drive a Tesla Model 3 but it left me cold, which given I still smile when I drive my Audi 8 years after we got it was not a good sign. I can see that the 70 miles wouldn't be a huge drama, a bit naughty though given they charge nearly £800 delivery. Glad to hear the wifi was not an issue, I am a tech person but some of the comments on how you get round it seemed a bit off to me. I do think I have made a good decision, certainly pretty much every video out there evidences this!!! Just need to be patient, but as I said before I am no good at that, particularly when new shiny things are involved!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts