Polestar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Thought I would join the forum as my Polestar 2 is due to be delivered on Tuesday 26th Jan.

Car is base spec as its a company car and I have ordered it in Thunder Grey.

I am 28 and have owned about 20 different cars and driven over 50 so it will be good to see how it compares. I currently have a Model 3 SR as a temporary company car out the pool so will be able to make a comparison between the two when it arrives.

I still haven't seen a Polestar on the road in and around Chester but have seen loads of Teslas so it would be interesting to hear if anyone lives local 馃榿

Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
Another new joiner, they're coming in thick and fast! Welcome! :)

Might be worth having a quick read of the first page of the Frequently Asked Questions post at the top of the main Polestar 2 Forum section as there's lots of useful information in there regarding what to expect for the big day.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another new joiner, they're coming in thick and fast! Welcome! :)

Might be worth having a quick read of the first page of the Frequently Asked Questions post at the top of the main Polestar 2 Forum section as there's lots of useful information in there regarding what to expect for the big day.
Thanks, I will do 馃槃

Reactions: rgledhill

Registered
Welcome to the forum! I am also getting mine on the 26th but am down in the South West!

I need to ask, how have you managed to own about 20 cars in 11 or so years of motoring? That a pretty frequent change of vehicle!

I have not owned an EV yet but have driven a few (Tesla, e-Nero, Leaf) and cannot wait to get to grips with my Polestar!

Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
I'll admit to being in my mid-40's and after having my quite long mid-life crisis in my 20's-30's I have just counted up my car owning history as 15/16 (if you count buying back a car from parents because I couldn't bear being without it). This is my list:
daihatsu charade turbo
vw polo bread van
rover 213
Ford fiesta popular - from about 1975
vw polo
Fiat Barchetta
Saab 900 turbo
BMW M3 E36 - 4 door
TVR Cerbera 4.5
BMW M5 E39
Subaru Legacy + TVR Chimaera 4.0 (weekend toy)
Audi S4 Avant B8
VW Golf TDI
Audi A6 3.0 TDI V6
Audi S4 Avant B8 (bought it back..)
nothing - driving the wifes Abarth 500 till the Polestar arrives

I miss the Cerbera the most, nothing will ever compare to it and I have driven Porsches and Ferrari's, the most raw car driving experience ever. Racing a Lambo murcielago down the A4 being driven by a Saudi giving me the thumbs was amazing (I won't divulge the number of mph reached for fear of repercussions).

I look forward to the Polestar, my first full EV. I am older and 'wiser' but would still take back the Cerbera with all its faults for the weekends.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum! I am also getting mine on the 26th but am down in the South West!

I need to ask, how have you managed to own about 20 cars in 11 or so years of motoring? That a pretty frequent change of vehicle!

I have not owned an EV yet but have driven a few (Tesla, e-Nero, Leaf) and cannot wait to get to grips with my Polestar!
Right, I will have a go at listing them now...

1st Car - 1980 Austin Mini 998cc - Eventually 1293cc (Owned this from aged 16 - 26)
2nd Car - 2001 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Ghia (Owned from 17 - 18)
3rd Car - 2006 MG ZR 105 (Owned from 18-19)
4th Car - 2006 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Ghia (Owned Aged 19)
4th Car - 2003 Renault Clio 172 (Owned from 19-20)
5th Car - 1972 Austin 1100 3 Door - Broke for parts aged 20 (had a 12g295 cooper head which was I sold for more than the car cost...)
6th Car - 2011 Honda Civic 2.2 Diesel SI (Owned Aged 20)
7th Car - 2002 VW Golf GTI 1.8 T (Owned Aged 20-21)
8th Car - 2006 Audi A4 2.0 TDI S Line (Owned Aged 21 - 22)
9th Car - 2014 BMW 520D M Sport Touring (Owned Aged 22/23ish - Company Hire Car for 6 Months)
10th Car - 2016 Jeep Renegage (Owned Aged 23 - Company Hire Car for 3 Months)
11th Car - 2016 Mercedes GLA200 (Owned Aged 23/24 - Company Hire Car for 3 Months)
12th Car - 2012 Citroen DS3 1.6 Turbo (Owned Aged 24 - 25 - Personal Car as Took Allowance)
13th Car - 2017 Vauxhall Astra 1.0 Turbo (Owned Aged 25 - Company Hire Car for 2 Months)
14th Car - 2017 DS5 2.0 HDI Prestige (Owned Aged 25 - 26 - Company Car for 18 Months)
15th Car - 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Convertible (Owned Aged 25 - 27 Weekend Car - Sold as Purchased House)
16th Car - 2012 BMW 330D M Sport Coupe Remapped to 320bhp - (Owned Aged 26 - 27 - Personal Car as Took Allowance)
17th Car - 2019 Volvo S60 T5 R Design Edition - (Owned Aged 27 Personal Lease Car) - This was wrote off after 6 months...
18th Car - 2020 RRS Autobiography - (Owned Aged 27-28 - Company Hire Car for 2 Months - Sent back as BIK was horrendous)
19th - 21st Car - 2020 BMW 3 Series 320D M Sport *3 (Owned Aged 28 - Company Hire Cars - Various Models)
22nd Car - Tesla Model 3 SR - (Owned Aged 28 - Temporary Company Car)

The Polestar will be the 23rd car and I will be adding a 24th later in the year as a weekend toy now I have been in my first home 12 months or so.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A few highlights, I wont post them all as it will clog up the whole website...

Registered
Nice selection!

Mine is not as extensive and am in my 40's -

Citroen 2CV
Fiat Uno
Fiesta XR2
Astra SRI
VW Golf GTI
VM Golf VR6
VW Corrado G60
Ford Mondeo S2000
Vectra GSi
Audi S4
Audi S6
Mini Cooper S
Honda Civic Type R
Mini Cooper JCW
VW Transporter T5 - full camper conversion and still have this
Mercedes C250
and in 11 days a Polestar 2

Super Moderator
Renault Extra (basically a Renault 5 van)
Rover 214
Ford Sierra
Ford Mondeo
Peugeot 406 Estate
Lexus IS200
Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed*
BMW 320td (Compact)
BMW 120d M-Sport
BMW 520d (F10)
BMW 520d (F10)
BMW 530e (G30)
Polestar 2

Couple of bikes as well due to mid-life crisis:-

BMW F800R
BMW R1200GS TE

And I still run a 1998 Range Rover 4.6L V8 which is mainly used for DIY / trips to the dump etc. Now that thing still blows me away every time I drive it. The comfort and refinement on what is now a 22 year old car really is astonishing. And the tech - that car was fully loaded with stuff that didn't hit mainstream vehicles for many years afterwards. It averages 7 mpg though!

I never thought I'd move away from BMW. I love the driving feel, ergonomics, iDrive - the whole ownership experience was a joy. Very few problems and fantastic dealers. But alas, there was no way on earth I could stay with them last year as I was unwilling to throw away 0% BIK. Their lethargic and half hearted path to electrification has been extremely disappointing. I still miss my last car a little bit - a full BEV 5-series will be an absolute joy and I can't wait for it to happen. But they might have given the 5-series beaver teeth by then, and if that's the case, they can foxtrot oscar...

* The Alfa was the worst car I have ever owned.

Was delivered with 147 miles on it (the delivery trip was 30 miles), a bit of trim missing off the steering wheel, scratched bonnet and a ripped gear lever gaiter. Oh, and it stalled every morning when I pulled up to the first roundabout. I'm quite convinced it was someone else's rejected car.

I had it for six weeks, but it spent five of those weeks at the dealer with various faults. The dealer was complete and utter pants and didn't even give me a loan car.

When I finally got it back, it tried in earnest to kill me (total brake failure approaching a roundabout on a dual carriageway at 70mph). Turns out there were no nuts on the bolts on the master cylinder. When I pushed hard enough on the pedal, it just pushed the whole master cylinder back.

I left it on the roundabout and walked home.

Obviously I then told them in no uncertain terms to shove the car where the sun didn't shine, and cancelled the direct debit. They then sued me for breach of contract - what complete a-holes... I won by the way... after having to pay for an independent inspection by Thatcham.

Super Moderator
Wow @Greggy50 that's a remarkable list... what do you do that allows you to have such cars at such a tender age? :)

My list, not so spectacular:
  • 1995 Rover 214SEi
  • 2000 Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 with Prodrive Pack upgrade
  • Jaguar X-Type 2.2D (decided to go sensible)
  • second Jaguar X-Type 2.2D (higher spec, straight swap)
  • (purchased in 2010) 2003 Jaguar XKR convertible 4.2V8 supercharged (decided not to be sensible now!)
  • May 2014 Vauxhall Ampera (the original self-charging plug-in hybrid, years before Toyota's efforts)
  • May 2019 Hyundai Kona Electric
  • end 2020 Polestar 2

Registered
P*2 9xxx, Dec sw, Midnight, 20",No PP
And mine
Golf Scirocco - held together with duct tape, clutch fell out in Piccadilly in the rush hour :oops:
Citroen AX GT - the most scary but fun car so far
Citroen CX - Dealers put me off citroen for life
Renault 19 - Disappointly dull
Leon Cupra - my absolute favourite car so until the P*2
BMW 330i - nice engine but too many annoying "features" in the cabin
Mercedes C63 - never really got the best out of it and hated the sound
Mercedes C350e - made me want to go fully EV, missing the 360 camera!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow @Greggy50 that's a remarkable list... what do you do that allows you to have such cars at such a tender age? :)

My list, not so spectacular:
  • 1995 Rover 214SEi
  • 2000 Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 with Prodrive Pack upgrade
  • Jaguar X-Type 2.2D (decided to go sensible)
  • second Jaguar X-Type 2.2D (higher spec, straight swap)
  • (purchased in 2010) 2003 Jaguar XKR convertible 4.2V8 supercharged (decided not to be sensible now!)
  • May 2014 Vauxhall Ampera (the original self-charging plug-in hybrid, years before Toyota's efforts)
  • May 2019 Hyundai Kona Electric
  • end 2020 Polestar 2
Hi, I work in the facilities management industry as an account manager for a local authority contract. We are big on zero carbon and EV so the car list is heavily weighted towards EVs.

My car allowance was 拢6.1k which I give up to have the Polestar and a small upgrade cost over that to upgrade to from my car class (normally stuff like a 330e M Sport) but the BIK saving is far more than the upgrade cost. It effectively means it costing me circa. 拢400pm take home for the car with tax, insurance & servicing included with no mileage cap which is a bargain for the cost of the car.

Super Moderator
Sounds great! Good for you, making the most of it and good for your company being EV-friendly (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Car is delivered tomorrow, looking forward to it arriving :)

I actually saw my first Polestar in Chester a couple of days ago in the Curzon Park area in black and it looked really good in the flesh!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts