Polestar Forum banner

New Member Farnham, Surrey , UK

3K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  Jwgill 
#1 ·
All

Hello, I purchased a P2 manganese (i.e. off white) a couple of weeks ago, The first locally? - anyone close? Motivation was to have an EV with a good range (I live in hope...) which does not begin with a T. My other car's a volvo X60 so I can find most of the controls, as well as keeping it for backup on long journeys should we ever be allowed to go anywhere (I write during lockdown level 4 in the UK.).

Love the car, it drives beautifully and enjoying(ish) the brave adventure of seeing how everything works, befrending Google assistant, getting to grips with the region's mainly absent charging infrastructure, and the same in my home. The latter is a 7.5Kw Chargemaster unit on single phase (Oh for 3 phase!) . Installation went smoothly once I'd submitted multiple photos of my consumer unit, electric meter, locations where things were being sited etc, upgarded various bits of wiring, had long discussions with the local network provider, and finally got the app to work. Must not complain since Polestar have just gifted us 2020 UK buyers a £450 credit to use with them. The hard bit will be finding a Polar chargepoint round here to use it.

Am looking to the forum to help solve the the various software errors I've found so far (I am a software engineer so have a certain tolerance for these sort of things), and impart my swiftly acquired charging infrastructre knowlege, which now must be almost at PhD level. Remember P = VI.

Peter H

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome and glad you’ve taken the plunge with the car. Hopefully you are another software expert then who can assist in trying to solve the glitch issues that many of us have. Mine going back in soon to look a few minor errors that have popped up since the latest upgrade. I’m just not sure they will be able to do much unless there is another release that I’ve not seen on the forums. What I will be able to get is the foam jack insert which I haven’t had since delivery 🙄👍🏻

#3 ·
Welcome Peter! And another software engineer to add to our collection. Must be about 30% of the forum now ;) Regarding the BP Pulse chargers, make sure you have a look on the ZapMap app/website as believe it or not, not all Pulse chargers are shown on their own app! (This is a bug which I'm trying to help them solve at the moment.) Also the comments for each charger will tell you whether they're likely to be reliable or not.

There's a pretty useful FAQ at the top of this forum section which would be worth perusing too as it may help when the odd questions pops up, and the search box at the top is reasonably good. Failing that, of course, fire away with anything we can help with!

#4 ·
Just moving this to the dedicated "New members" forum area - hope that's ok :).

#16 ·
Hi Peter and welcome. I live in the Camberley area and have had my car since 22nd September although I have yet to see any other Polestars outside a garage apart from during the test drive at Farmborough and at the drive in cinema.

There are two high speed chargers in Bagshot.
Hi Troughtastic, I have a PL2 on order.. just pushed out August delivery :-( and I'm based in Camberley also. Would be cool to share notes. I assume the 3 high speed chargers in Bagshot are the ones at the BP Petrol station ? Have you experienced any issues ? I currently drive an Hybrid, so the PL2 will be my first Fully Electric Step.

#8 ·
All

Hello, I purchased a P2 manganese (i.e. off white) a couple of weeks ago, The first locally? - anyone close? Motivation was to have an EV with a good range (I live in hope...) which does not begin with a T. My other car's a volvo X60 so I can find most of the controls, as well as keeping it for backup on long journeys should we ever be allowed to go anywhere (I write during lockdown level 4 in the UK.).

Love the car, it drives beautifully and enjoying(ish) the brave adventure of seeing how everything works, befrending Google assistant, getting to grips with the region's mainly absent charging infrastructure, and the same in my home. The latter is a 7.5Kw Chargemaster unit on single phase (Oh for 3 phase!) . Installation went smoothly once I'd submitted multiple photos of my consumer unit, electric meter, locations where things were being sited etc, upgarded various bits of wiring, had long discussions with the local network provider, and finally got the app to work. Must not complain since Polestar have just gifted us 2020 UK buyers a £450 credit to use with them. The hard bit will be finding a Polar chargepoint round here to use it.

Am looking to the forum to help solve the the various software errors I've found so far (I am a software engineer so have a certain tolerance for these sort of things), and impart my swiftly acquired charging infrastructre knowlege, which now must be almost at PhD level. Remember P = VI.

Peter H
Hi, I’m not a million miles from you - Elstead! Mine arrived 3rd September, Snow/Slate. A very early VIN (23xx) and hence had had more than its fair share of troubles, however Polestar Support have been excellent, as have Squire Furneaux at Pirbright (Volvo Guildford).

I feel your pain on your charge point installation, ours took several months to sort out, although a fair bit of the time was spent in trying to get the new smart meter working properly!

#14 ·
HI CardinaRules, I stand corrected! - I've not seen your car but friend said they had seen a 'dark' PS2 recently. Mine should have arrived in October but the recalls put paid to that. I'm lower Bourne, you anywhere near? I don't know how many people have come up to me and commented on that ' nice looking car, what is it?' , especially in Waitrose car park. Only one who does not seem so keen is one of the parking wardens, who seems to be on special lookout. BTW I'm thinking of starting a campaign to get Waverley to put chargepoints in their car parks. I bet its a long battle. may need support.

#10 ·
I must have passed someone on this thread a couple of Friday's ago around 9-9.30pm (I think it was 2nd April) on the A31 between Winchester and Alresford - it was a dark car so probably Void. That was my first spot of a P2 in the wild, I tried hard not to stare too much as I swooshed past in my white BMW, didn't want to crash into them. When mine arrives I will be (sort of) local too based in Four Marks. I work in Devon in the week, but home is in Hampshire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.