Polestar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be picking my MY22 up from Polestar Manhattan next week! It might sound a little crazy, but I am purchasing with no test drive and I actually have not even seen a Polestar in the flesh. I will also be driving it back from Manhattan to Kentucky after picking it up. It should be a little adventure!

I decided on a PS2 after test driving a TM3. I liked it, but the overall finish was underwhelming and I think it is fugly. (Elon is also a d*ck, but thanks for the nice $TSLA profits). I am no stranger to EVs as I currently lease a 2019 i3. I decided I wanted a bit more usable range and more style, so the PS2 fit the bill. I actually leased the i3 without a test drive also, so this is not an unusual move for me.

Void + Slate + Pilot + Plus. I am already booked for a ceramic coating (+/- PPF, still thinking about it) after I return home. This is a purchase and not a lease. I originally ordered from a closer Space, but ended up getting one from Manhattan instead since they had exactly what I wanted in stock. Except for the road trip after delivery, I will mostly charge at home. I have two nema 14-50s in our garage. Our other vehicles are an ICE XC40 (wife's), a 1988 MR2, and a couple of motorcycles. I will be purchasing the i3 to flip it for a little profit.

I considered having the PS2 shipped, but I am a sucker for a road trip. I also needed a few more flight segments to requalify for 1K with United and have a few free hotel nights left this year, so the economics work out. I am signing paperwork a few days early so that hopefully my EA account will be ready to go on the way home.

I'll be certain to update my with my impressions (and hopefully very little buyers remorse). Thanks in advance to this forum for all of the info on the good and bad of the PS2!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Because it’s a purchase I would recommend the Ppf. I drove two 640d GCs, one did 25k miles in a year and picked up road rash on mirrors / bonnet (hood) / bumper (fender?), the other did 12k miles with ppf to full front and didn’t have a single stone chip. I would rate ppf higher than a coating if it’s a purchase.
*it was stolen at 9 months!

barry

·
Registered
94 Posts
1- Your order # that you already have access to via either the Polestar web site or your email, and the VIN # of the car, is all that you’ll need for the EA charging to work. If you haven’t already, setup an EA account. Leave it at the free (no monthly fee) plan. Once you have the VIN# you can open the app, and go into the appropriate menu to enter the VIN/OrderID and activate your 2yr free charging. That will work instantly- but I suggest doing it after you sign docs, especially if you’ll be given a few days between. For me, my first charge was 2 hours after I left Detroit, and the free charging worked immediately, flawlessly.

2- I had a BMW i3 as well— with the REx. I’m guessing you’re no stranger to EVs but with that car/range maybe not a lot of road trips. But you’re likely aware of the cold weather impact on the range. So I’d suggest planning on 120-150 mile steps, not much more. If it warms up you may do better, but real range staying in the sweet spot you’ll go at most 150 miles. Ideally, get down to 8-15% SOC at the charger, and don’t stay past 80% … to maximize best charging curve.

3- We had a tesla Model 3 and Y … we loved the performance package on the 3, and the blistering speed. But even after 49k miles, we got the Y, and 10k miles later, ditched Tesla for good. I think you’re making the right choice. The build of the Polestar reminds me more of my BMW i3 (or 3x BMW i8, etc etc)— whereas you‘re right that the TM3 was meh feeling inside.

4- There is one (singular) W10 MR2 around here in Ohio. The remaining ones are all rusted or wrecked. Love me some good JDM power. :)

Enjoy the new car.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
231 Posts
Can't help but wonder where I went wrong in life, all these people here outright buying a P2 and owning like 2/3 other cars... the only reason I can drive the P2 is because it's a company car. Otherwise, just a pipedream. 🤣

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll be picking my MY22 up from Polestar Manhattan next week! It might sound a little crazy, but I am purchasing with no test drive and I actually have not even seen a Polestar in the flesh. I will also be driving it back from Manhattan to Kentucky after picking it up. It should be a little adventure!

I decided on a PS2 after test driving a TM3. I liked it, but the overall finish was underwhelming and I think it is fugly. (Elon is also a d*ck, but thanks for the nice $TSLA profits). I am no stranger to EVs as I currently lease a 2019 i3. I decided I wanted a bit more usable range and more style, so the PS2 fit the bill. I actually leased the i3 without a test drive also, so this is not an unusual move for me.

Void + Slate + Pilot + Plus. I am already booked for a ceramic coating (+/- PPF, still thinking about it) after I return home. This is a purchase and not a lease. I originally ordered from a closer Space, but ended up getting one from Manhattan instead since they had exactly what I wanted in stock. Except for the road trip after delivery, I will mostly charge at home. I have two nema 14-50s in our garage. Our other vehicles are an ICE XC40 (wife's), a 1988 MR2, and a couple of motorcycles. I will be purchasing the i3 to flip it for a little profit.

I considered having the PS2 shipped, but I am a sucker for a road trip. I also needed a few more flight segments to requalify for 1K with United and have a few free hotel nights left this year, so the economics work out. I am signing paperwork a few days early so that hopefully my EA account will be ready to go on the way home.

I'll be certain to update my with my impressions (and hopefully very little buyers remorse). Thanks in advance to this forum for all of the info on the good and bad of the PS2!
SM PS2 on order for March 22. But I also have an 1988 MR2 (70k mi) weekend car. We may be the only two people to have 1 each of these two rare species.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts