Polestar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here goes!

Have been sitting on the fence ever since the P2 was launched, having decided in 2018 that I would do one ICE (plug-in) lease, before going fully electric in 2022.

Decided to go with a MY 2022 both because that fits my lease expiry, but also as the heatpump is (probably) a useful addition in Norway,
so spec. will be dual motor, non-PP but with plus and pilot and (sorry vegans) leather interior as the seats are just lovely.

Still slightly undecided on the colour. The car looks stunning in white, which IMHO suits the clean, crisp, sculptural design, but so many other people seem to think so too, so half the Polestars over here are white. Wife has ruled out all the blues, greys and black, which leaves "moon" as an option, which I think I also like. I'm not entirely sure the shiny bits suit the clean, sculptural look of the car and someone on the forum called it hearing-aid beige, which fits my age-demographic but not my self-image. Will probably end up sticking a pin at the white/"hearing aid beige" choice just before ordering.

Regarding the order, it is proving really hard to judge the timing to both guard against production-delivery delays, but also not get the car more than three months before my current lease runs out. I'll probably end up waiting about another month and ordering just before the end of August.

That's probably enough for now.

·
Registered
2021 P2, Magnesium/Charcoal, non-pp, 19"
211 Posts
Just too bad you can't have the nappa leather with Magnesium :confused:

For my part I ordered a pre-configured car with expected delivery early same month I where to return my lease car, had the delivere mid month. But then you might not get a Moon with leather...

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of July! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch.

Preliminary delivery date is October, but expecting and hoping that will slip by a couple of months.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 350kW, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,328 Posts
You must be the only person I know who hopes that their car is delivered late ;)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You must be the only person I know who hopes that their car is delivered late ;)
:ROFLMAO: I have a leaser that runs out next March and that I'm allowed to turn-in up to three months early. Only reason I'm ordering now is that I don't dare wait in case the delays get really bad.

So far Polestar is sticking to its story that I'll get the car in October. We'll see.
In any case, a small overlap will give me the chance to fix some small damages on my current car and get the Polestar coated and antirust-treated, without being car-less for that time.

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just signed the order confirmation, which came today. Delivery estimation has been January for some time now. Car is built and VIN confirmed, so now I just have to sit back and try to relax.

January delivery is fine as lease car can be returned without penalty as soon as detailing is complete on the Polestar and small fixes done on the leaser.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got the mail to say car has been loaded onto a ship :love:

Reactions: 2RatsElop

·
Registered
693 Posts
Last year, my car got loaded onto a ship roughly around this time. I was supposed to receive it by end of the year. However, due to COVID lockdowns etc. in late 2020, I got it in January. I think you have a solid chance of getting it for Christmas! 🙂

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last year, my car got loaded onto a ship roughly around this time. I was supposed to receive it by end of the year. However, due to COVID lockdowns etc. in late 2020, I got it in January. I think you have a solid chance of getting it for Christmas! 🙂
Nice Christmas present, but in practice any time after beginning of December would mean it sitting around until my detailer could take it some time after New Year. I just wish I could identify the ship. I can't find anything leaving Shanghai or Lianyungang and heading for Zeebrugge just now, although one did leave on the 11th, reaching Zeebrugge on 09/11

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations! Looks as if our cars might arrive at the same time. I went for aftermarket winter wheels, so cat will be delivered on summer wheels. Depending on weather I'll either swap them myself when picking up the car, or have the antirust workshop do it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Car is now "In the country". Shouldn't be long now until I can schedule a delivery date - hoping for January 7th for post holiday-season hangover reasons (not mine, but the people in the workshop where the new car will go for some "spa-treatments")

Reactions: banye

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same, got a call yesterday from a very kind rep. The car will be in town by the end next week, then about a week later I should get a call to arrange a delivery date!
Great! Congratulations! No call's for me yet, but I don't really want it before end of week 1, so they can take their time ;)

·
Registered
Ordered MY22 21 July / Thunder / Long Range Dual Motor / Pilot / Plus / Tow hitch
11 Posts
Congratulations. Had a call last week to say car was here at space already.
Delayed pick up until week 1 as still have lease car to deal with until then. Definitely a nice Christmas present 🎁.

Need to decide if I want to get it coated....

Like a kid at Christmas I want it now :LOL:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Coating, like car is a question of harder to posh-down than posh-up. Have a coated car now and can't imagine living without it, tho' I managed perfectly fine before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts