Polestar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

My story is a bit pained to date. I placed an order for a P2 on a business lease via Drive Electric early in August. They kept me hanging for 4 months, never giving me any confirmation that an order was actually in place. Always 'just about to call me', or 'your application is being reviewed tomoro'. Finally out of the blue in December my wife got an email from LeasePlan (bit odd as I was the applicant) saying they had received my application and a day later another email saying it was rejected. Never any correspondence from D-E though.

I had pretty much given up thinking about the order by then, as so much else going on. But despite the rejection (bit strange as I have excellent credit rating) I was relieved. I emailed Drive Electric just to fully close the door on this chapter of my life, and confirm a termination of any professional/broker relationship between us. As usual no response.

Since then I phoned up Polestar, and got put thru to the finance department (ALD) who provided me with a business lease quote. I sent my forms back and was accepted instantly. So now waiting for it all to be processed and the order to be placed with Polestar for a Snow/Charcoal P2.

Very excited again for the new year.

In the meantime, back in August, I had an Andersen EV charge point installed, which is quite expensive but to me looks so much better than the rest of the market.

Well, that's me in a nutshell.
馃檪

Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
Welcome to the forum Kryters!!

I believe that Drive Electric failed to actually agree terms with Leaseplan in the end, so they shouldn't even have been making offers for leases; or if they did, they ended up bailing out (unless anyone knows better?). Anyway best to go direct it seems.

Now it's time to start counting the sleeps until the car is here :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum Kryters!!

I believe that Drive Electric failed to actually agree terms with Leaseplan in the end, so they shouldn't even have been making offers for leases; or if they did, they ended up bailing out (unless anyone knows better?). Anyway best to go direct it seems.

Now it's time to start counting the sleeps until the car is here :)
Thanks,

yeah I think the issue all along was that they didn鈥檛 have an agreement with a lease provider, but they never let on, and just kept saying it was in the pipeline.

I couldn鈥檛 go direct as I wanted a busInes lease and Polestar only just got around to doing them recently.

Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
Sorry, I meant direct to ALD/LeasePlan, not necessarily direct as in cash. Still it probably means you've escaped the initial fun and games with recalls and should have a thoroughly sorted car by the time it arrives :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts