Polestar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, having found the site and read the forums over the last few weeks thanks so much for the posts, help, knowledge and advice that had lead me to place on order for the new long range single motor p*2 yesterday. Delivery into Sept hopefully so will be an avid reader looking for advice on charging points, tariffs etc as the car is my first EV and a company car purchase with limited cost available to me - hence base single long range model with no choice of packs apart from the metallic option, moon chosen! Thanks all, will appreciate any advice馃憤

Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
Welcome! We will all be waiting with great interest to see what you think as (obviously) everyone else on here as the starter's edition (either with or without PP). Keep us posted and feel free to ask questions :) There's a useful couple of posts at the top of the list in this forum which might help you on your way...

Reactions: Lol4

Registered
Hi all, having found the site and read the forums over the last few weeks thanks so much for the posts, help, knowledge and advice that had lead me to place on order for the new long range single motor p*2 yesterday. Delivery into Sept hopefully so will be an avid reader looking for advice on charging points, tariffs etc as the car is my first EV and a company car purchase with limited cost available to me - hence base single long range model with no choice of packs apart from the metallic option, moon chosen! Thanks all, will appreciate any advice馃憤
Welcome to the forum @Lol4 and congrats on your order! Were you looking at any other EVs?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi KeyMajor, the car was ordered off a limited company car list, Kona, ID4, ID3, Tesla 3 were the only other realistic full EV options but the polestar with single motor and long range stood out for me with the cost just coming within my purchase limit. Hoping it may have better economy/miles per kWh than dual motor? what鈥檚 the members thoughts on that? Less weight and less friction of single motor might help? dual motor was not available to me and the polestar style/size fits really well with me. Do members think the new ordering options will open the polestar brand up to many new owners like myself? First EV so think I will be heavily relying on everyone鈥檚 advice while I choose charger and tariff so any advice much appreciated thanks all馃憤

Registered
2021 2
Hi KeyMajor, the car was ordered off a limited company car list, Kona, ID4, ID3, Tesla 3 were the only other realistic full EV options but the polestar with single motor and long range stood out for me with the cost just coming within my purchase limit. Hoping it may have better economy/miles per kWh than dual motor? what鈥檚 the members thoughts on that? Less weight and less friction of single motor might help? dual motor was not available to me and the polestar style/size fits really well with me. Do members think the new ordering options will open the polestar brand up to many new owners like myself? First EV so think I will be heavily relying on everyone鈥檚 advice while I choose charger and tariff so any advice much appreciated thanks all馃憤
Every other EV seems to have better efficiency with 2WD than AWD, and Polestar says their FWD variant will be more efficient so every reason to expect that!
And certainly think that the new options will help grow Polestar sales and the brand.

Welcome! First EV for many if not most of us here. So plenty of experience and commiserating to share

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed, new options certainly opened the brand to me and I suspect many other company car drivers. The other options were hybrids, with Mercedes hybrids having a 54 week order wait and 330e bmw touring and saloon 6 month wait from point of ordering - plus car tax of 拢180 per month compared to 拢26 for the p*2. Tesla has possible physical delivery in a month of model 3鈥檚 with low tax Similar to Polestar. Around 18-20k miles per year for me so a number of colleagues having interest in the Polestar now, think I am something of a test case For the whole office!

Super Moderator
You should be around 5-10% more efficient in a single motor car, depending on the mixture of speed and driving conditions etc - having dual motors hits you when you're on the move but obviously has less effect in stop-start traffic, for instance. I'm sure you'll absolutely love the car :).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking forward to it - would it be useful to post the expected delivery dates/delays for members to view? Is that something to share so members can get an appreciation of lead times? Does anyone know of any single motor orders that other members have placed yet?

Registered
It鈥檚 a brilliant car. You have also dodged all of the early software bugs so ownership should be a breeze. My P2 is pretty much faultless now, enjoy!

Premium Member
I don't know of any new variants that have been delivered anywhere yet. My gut tells me September is likely.

Reactions: Lol4

Super Moderator
I believe they're targeting September for first deliveries. The backlog of orders is such that they into June manufacturing dates now, which by the time they've been manufactured, shipped over here and checked over before delivery means September.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts