Polestar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
'21 p2 / void / oakland, ca
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, excited to be here. picked up my polestar 2 from the northern california dealership last weekend and am absolutely thrilled with it. delivery had been estimated for november but due to thanksgiving it was pushed into dec - a little bummed i couldn't show it off to the fam (especially my tesla-fanboy dad) but there's always xmas

this is my first EV - i was determined to find an AWD, non-SUV, high end EV and the polestar 2 checked all the boxes. as an android developer by trade it's also fun to have the google OS built in to the car! it's so sleek in person, the ultimate gothmobile, and crazy fast and quiet with an excellent sound system. big upgrade from my mk7 GTI. we also just installed solar + battery at home so i'm really looking forward to a more self-sufficient and environmentally friendly driving situation while still, you know, having a lot of fun driving.

this is my first time registering for a car forum (i usually just lurk) but as this is still a very new car/community i thought it might be nice to share info etc with other owners and get to know folks! my other car is a '90 CRX and lemme tell you those are not the most welcoming forums lol. cheers!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Congrats with the car. Sure you will enjoy. Most of us all are still anxiously waiting... we envy you.
Welcome to the forum.

Two hints:

1) quickly fill out the survey:

If you don't the Professor will be all over you, and you don't want that to happen !

2) We want to see pictures !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the hints! fun to see another poll response from the marin dealership - i think we might be the only two deliveries thus far in the bay area~

i only have a dorky photo of my husband and i posing in front of the car... will take some glamour shots tomorrow to share!

Reactions: JMP2

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Congrats with the car. Sure you will enjoy. Most of us all are still anxiously waiting... we envy you.
Welcome to the forum.

Two hints:

1) quickly fill out the survey:

If you don't the Professor will be all over you, and you don't want that to happen !

2) We want to see pictures !
This. Exactly.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
thanks for the hints! fun to see another poll response from the marin dealership - i think we might be the only two deliveries thus far in the bay area~

i only have a dorky photo of my husband and i posing in front of the car... will take some glamour shots tomorrow to share!
Somehow, dorky photos are entirely acceptable on this forum.

Reactions: JMP2

·
Registered
482 Posts
fun to see another poll response from the marin dealership - i think we might be the only two deliveries thus far in the bay area
That’d be me 👋🏻 Welcome to the club! I’ve got the same cheesy photo from delivery. There have been some deliveries to South Bay, too, but we are definitely a rare breed. Get ready to get stopped by folks on the street asking about the car. And congrats!

·
Registered
92 Posts
hi all, excited to be here. picked up my polestar 2 from the northern california dealership last weekend and am absolutely thrilled with it. delivery had been estimated for november but due to thanksgiving it was pushed into dec - a little bummed i couldn't show it off to the fam (especially my tesla-fanboy dad) but there's always xmas

this is my first EV - i was determined to find an AWD, non-SUV, high end EV and the polestar 2 checked all the boxes. as an android developer by trade it's also fun to have the google OS built in to the car! it's so sleek in person, the ultimate gothmobile, and crazy fast and quiet with an excellent sound system. big upgrade from my mk7 GTI. we also just installed solar + battery at home so i'm really looking forward to a more self-sufficient and environmentally friendly driving situation while still, you know, having a lot of fun driving.

this is my first time registering for a car forum (i usually just lurk) but as this is still a very new car/community i thought it might be nice to share info etc with other owners and get to know folks! my other car is a '90 CRX and lemme tell you those are not the most welcoming forums lol. cheers!
Welcome to the club! Did you lease or buy? If you leased what were your terms? Inquiring minds wanna know! (well mainly me, but still!)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the club! Did you lease or buy? If you leased what were your terms? Inquiring minds wanna know! (well mainly me, but still!)
thanks! i bought mine - never leased a car before so i didn't really look into it

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 | Snow | Performance Package
67 Posts
I know this thread is almost 2 weeks old, but I'm expecting my P2 this month (hopefully). I was told to put 20% down, if you dont mind me asking, did you also have to put 20% down on delivery?

·
Registered
2021 2
2,586 Posts
I know this thread is almost 2 weeks old, but I'm expecting my P2 this month (hopefully). I was told to put 20% down, if you dont mind me asking, did you also have to put 20% down on delivery?
nope. I’ve only ever paid them the initial $1k deposit which turned into my down payment. Haven’t given them anything else and have almost 1k mi on the car

edit: welcome!
Have to ask. Does your handle indicate that your liver and ass are intimately related or that your ass can filter out covid? Both?

·
Registered
772 Posts
nope. I’ve only ever paid them the initial $1k deposit which turned into my down payment. Haven’t given them anything else and have almost 1k mi on the car
Identical for me. They took my deposit as my down payment and I financed everything else at 0%. I even financed the tax and registration and delivery---everything.

Of course, the ability to do this will obviously depend on the individual's credit situation.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i didn't finance so i can't help with this, sorry!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts