Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just picked up P2 in Snow with 20" wheels with plus and pilot from new space in Charlotte NC. I've had it for about 24 hours and here are my first impressions of the car.
This is my first EV so I can't really compare it to any other ones. I had to drive about 140 miles on my trip home and half of it in the rain. So much for having a new clean car :/
While my negative list may be long I absolutely love the car, I just find some things perplexing and it's always easier to complain about stuff :D I do understand some of those things maybe fixed in the future updates but this is just my first take on my first experience with the car.. The car came with update 1.7 Installed.

Positives
I liked how the car looked in pictures and it looks better in person
It's impossible not to smile when you floor it.
Charging over standard outlet is giving me 3 mile per hour. I am going to have 240V outlet in garage in the future but for now this is good enough.
When I picked up the car I verified that I would get free access to electrify as recently announced. There are 2 electrify spots within 30 minutes from my house so definitely will be taking advantage of that.
I actually really like the weavetech material, but how do I clean it ? It seems to peel of skin cells like a magnet lol. The interior is very nice.
The quality of both displays is very good. Definitely better than any other car I've been in.
The HK audio sounds pretty good. I am definitely no audiophile but it sounds good to me. No complaints.
Love the sunroof. I was worried it would let too much light in but that is not the case.
Google maps being integrated with range calculation and charging stations is great
The car drives fantastic
The automatic wipers work very well. I never used this on other cars but definitely will be utilizing these.

Negatives (I love the car but it's definitely not perfect and none of these are dealbreakers. I am happy with my purchase.)

360 Camera is bad. The angles offered are terrible and whole thing looks more distorted than it should. I have 2019 chevy equinox and it's head and shoulders above (car costs a little more than half the prices of P2). In chevy you have over the top view and the selection of other views at the same time. I understand mirrors move but why not have fixed cameras on the base of the mirrors. Not being able to see wheels is a big let down as I have tight space in garage and can't judge how close I really am. The sensors themselves don't help because I have to get really close to objects in front and side and they go off anyway and there is no way for me to judge how close I really am

Tire pressure. Why in the world the system can't tell me exact tire pressure ? The chevy can do it, I had 2017 Lincoln MKZ and it could do it too.That just seems silly unless there is a difficulty of doing this in electric car.

App selection is very small and not being able to use android auto is sad. Youtube music worked ok. When I tried using LivexLive app it kept stopping the music when switching between screens. While I appreciate addition of SiriusXM why not give us an actual android app. The app they give us is doesn't allow access to all extra stations that are in android app ( I do understand this is probably siriuses choice and it uses actual satellite part not streaming) There should be app for satellite part and streaming part separate. That leads me to...

I couldn't get streaming over bluetooth to work at all. I paired two different phones (LG V60 and Note 20 Ultra) and enabled media and calls when pairing. Neither could stream music from any app. You press play and the app instantly stops. Normally when I see this unpairing and pairing again fixes it with other devices. I tried pairing several times and still can't get it to work.

Granted I only had one trip but google maps estimator was all over the places. It went from 10% to 36% to 13% to 16% to 20% at destination in matter of about 5 minutes going on a highway in cruise control at 76MPH about 100 miles from destination. In that time nothing had really changed, I didn't fiddle with AC or change speed and no steep hills or declines. Also range is displayed in total 3 different places and they all say different things.

The phone app is rather underwhelming. It's a shame it can't show the location of the car since the car is always connected to data anyway (why we can't see the car in google "find my device" with other android devices?). I still can't see battery charge and I get the "Data sharing is disabled" error but it hasn't been 36 hours yet. I don't see anything disabled in privacy settings.

Not car related but I don't understand why I had to drive to pick up the car. They would only deliver it if I paid for it, but they will pick it up for service for free. I am 142 miles away from my P space. Which actually is just volvo dealer for now. They are building the actual space in downtown Charlotte that should be opened in near future. Here is the pic of the car and the "space".

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

While this "bad" list seems very long I really do love the car it's just since this is the most expensive vehicle I ever had I have very high expectations and believe it should at least match functionality of cheaper and older cars. Hopefully some of these gripes get solved in future updates.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for sharing these first impressions. Always interesting. I look forward to hear your "second expressions" after 1, 2 or 3 months for example.

·
Registered
592 Posts
You can't see the tire pressure because the car does not measure the tire pressure. The tire pressure monitoring system works on relative wheel speed using the abs sensors. A bit of a let down indeed.

About streaming, I noticed that when you start the media from the phone it will stop immediately, you have to start (play) it from the center screen. Maybe that is what you see happen?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can't see the tire pressure because the car does not measure the tire pressure. The tire pressure monitoring system works on relative wheel speed using the abs sensors. A bit of a let down indeed.

About streaming, I noticed that when you start the media from the phone it will stop immediately, you have to start (play) it from the center screen. Maybe that is what you see happen?
If I have multiple streaming apps how do I select which app to start playing music on the car screen ? That may be the case since I did only try starting music from phone. This is weird behavior as well. I am able to start streaming on my phone with any other car. I will have to try this.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I start the media player app on the car. Then I start the media playing app on the phone (usually audible) and press play. Then starts and stops immediately, I curse and press play on the car display.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi,

Since you just picked up your P2 I hope you can assist, even though you are across the pond.:)

I just sold my Toyota CHR for a nice profit and have placed an order for my P2 long range single motor in thunder with pilot and plus packs via the website. It will be delivered whenever it is but early suggestions are for end of November though I realise it may be delayed till even 2022.

I chose the P2 as one I won’t get irritated paying 10 -12 k more for a EV than a combustion or Hybrid version e.g BMW i4 . Secondly I can’t stand Elon Musk. The main reason though is I love the look and having test drove it was willing to Px my wife for the car then and ther

What I wanted to know was basic info as I have searched but can’t find it anywhere lol, when I pick up the car will it come fully charged or 80% or 20% whatever it does. Normally it won’t matter but I’m not carrying my child’s car seat from Northamptonshire to London as it weight a ton. So I have to plan for the pick up take my baby and mrs to my parents in London go pick up the car and then go pick them up and then go home. Overall journey from pick up will be 140 miles give or take, in the middle of the English winter. (I’m Indian less than 30 Celsius is winter for me). Would have left them at home but Mrs won’t permit it and didn’t get the option to trade her in for the P2 on the deposit screen.

Whilst I hope car comes with no issues I’ve had new vehicles from BMW Mercedes and Toyota that have all gone back within days if not weeks of being picked up with defects, so as long as it don’t catch fire on my way home I’m prepared for defects.

kind regards

Ice

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I start the media player app on the car. Then I start the media playing app on the phone (usually audible) and press. Then starts and stops immediately, I curse and press play on the car display.
Ok, I forgot about BT media player app. I assumed it would automatically start it when it detects BT audio incoming. I started the BT app and now works even when starting from the phone. Thanks for pointing me in right direction.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

What I wanted to know was basic info as I have searched but can’t find it anywhere lol, when I pick up the car will it come fully charged or 80% or 20% whatever it does. Normally it won’t matter but I’m not carrying my child’s car seat from Northamptonshire to London as it weight a ton. So I have to plan for the pick up take my baby and mrs to my parents in London go pick up the car and then go pick them up and then go home. Overall journey from pick up will be 140 miles give or take, in the middle of the English winter. (I’m Indian less than 30 Celsius is winter for me). Would have left them at home but Mrs won’t permit it and didn’t get the option to trade her in for the P2 on the deposit screen.

Ice
Best bet would be to contact the place you're picking it up from and request it be charged. For what is worth mine was at 85% when I picked it up

·
Registered
592 Posts
@Icesingh

I can't vouch for it, but mine was delivered at 100% and I read of many on the forum that it was the same for them. Although charging to 100% is discouraged by Polestar.

PS
I am not across the pond, you are.😎

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 19's
171 Posts
Hi,

Since you just picked up your P2 I hope you can assist, even though you are across the pond.:)

I just sold my Toyota CHR for a nice profit and have placed an order for my P2 long range single motor in thunder with pilot and plus packs via the website. It will be delivered whenever it is but early suggestions are for end of November though I realise it may be delayed till even 2022.

I chose the P2 as one I won’t get irritated paying 10 -12 k more for a EV than a combustion or Hybrid version e.g BMW i4 . Secondly I can’t stand Elon Musk. The main reason though is I love the look and having test drove it was willing to Px my wife for the car then and ther

Whilst I hope car comes with no issues I’ve had new vehicles from BMW Mercedes and Toyota that have all gone back within days if not weeks of being picked up with defects, so as long as it don’t catch fire on my way home I’m prepared for defects.

kind regards

Ice
To the best of my knowledge everyone in the UK has had their vehicle delivered to their home, or close by. I certainly did. And mine arrived with 90% charge, again comparable to what I believe most people in the UK have had.

It is true that some cars have had issues and had to go back fairly quickly, but I believe this is the small minority. Again personally I have had no issues (touch wood) and have had the car since May with no problems.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don’t feel bad - I complain about my Polestar all the time, mostly due to the software. I love the car itself and the Pilot package is awesome. If they can get the infotainment stuff worked out and keep slowly bumping up the range through optimization, that would quiet most of my complaints.

·
Registered
113 Posts
@Icesingh

I can't vouch for it, but mine was delivered at 100% and I read of many on the forum that it was the same for them. Although charging to 100% is discouraged by Polestar.

PS
I am not across the pond, you are.😎
Well it’s a pond we are both across it from one another lol. Thanks for the info appreciate it,

·
Registered
113 Posts
To the best of my knowledge everyone in the UK has had their vehicle delivered to their home, or close by. I certainly did. And mine arrived with 90% charge, again comparable to what I believe most people in the UK have had.

It is true that some cars have had issues and had to go back fairly quickly, but I believe this is the small minority. Again personally I have had no issues (touch wood) and have had the car since May with no problems.
Thanks for responding Jwgill, I was informed that the P2 would be delivered to a handover location and I would have to pick it up, but I assumed that would be a Volvo dealership which for me would be a pain to get to without a vehicle. It actually easier to get to London which is 90 miles away than Northampton where the dealership is that’s 20 miles away lol.

Since I work in London and my parents live there it would be easier just to go to a dealership there, if it’s delivered at home it would be great as long as I don’t have to fork out for it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Best bet would be to contact the place you're picking it up from and request it be charged. For what is worth mine was at 85% when I picked it up
Thanks for the response 85% would do me fine. Only reason I had a concern was due to experiences with petrol cars, pick up a brand new merc or bmw and came with minimal fuel, as long as it got to the pump wasn’t as issue, picked up a Toyota and it came with a full tank. Due to EVs needing a recharge or 30 to 60 minutes that would be an issue if it came with say only 20% charge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm trying to add polestar Id through adding account screen in the car. It keeps saying something went wrong try again later. I tried using my phone as hotspot and got same error. Is there anything special I need to do to make it happen? It's the same account as the mobile app, right?

·
Registered
'21 Thunder, no PP, 20's and tow hitch
9 Posts
I'm trying to add polestar Id through adding account screen in the car. It keeps saying something went wrong try again later. I tried using my phone as hotspot and got same error. Is there anything special I need to do to make it happen? It's the same account as the mobile app, right?
Had the same problem and another member recommended deleting all accounts and starting form scratch by adding the Polestar account first. This eventually worked for me after an OS reset.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had the same problem and another member recommended deleting all accounts and starting form scratch by adding the Polestar account first. This eventually worked for me after an OS reset.
I did delete all profiles and created brand new one. First account I tried adding was polestar but still same error.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,

Just picked up P2 in Snow with 20" wheels with plus and pilot from new space in Charlotte NC. I've had it for about 24 hours and here are my first impressions of the car.
This is my first EV so I can't really compare it to any other ones. I had to drive about 140 miles on my trip home and half of it in the rain. So much for having a new clean car :/
While my negative list may be long I absolutely love the car, I just find some things perplexing and it's always easier to complain about stuff :D I do understand some of those things maybe fixed in the future updates but this is just my first take on my first experience with the car.. The car came with update 1.7 Installed.

Positives
I liked how the car looked in pictures and it looks better in person
It's impossible not to smile when you floor it.
Charging over standard outlet is giving me 3 mile per hour. I am going to have 240V outlet in garage in the future but for now this is good enough.
When I picked up the car I verified that I would get free access to electrify as recently announced. There are 2 electrify spots within 30 minutes from my house so definitely will be taking advantage of that.
I actually really like the weavetech material, but how do I clean it ? It seems to peel of skin cells like a magnet lol. The interior is very nice.
The quality of both displays is very good. Definitely better than any other car I've been in.
The HK audio sounds pretty good. I am definitely no audiophile but it sounds good to me. No complaints.
Love the sunroof. I was worried it would let too much light in but that is not the case.
Google maps being integrated with range calculation and charging stations is great
The car drives fantastic
The automatic wipers work very well. I never used this on other cars but definitely will be utilizing these.

Negatives (I love the car but it's definitely not perfect and none of these are dealbreakers. I am happy with my purchase.)

360 Camera is bad. The angles offered are terrible and whole thing looks more distorted than it should. I have 2019 chevy equinox and it's head and shoulders above (car costs a little more than half the prices of P2). In chevy you have over the top view and the selection of other views at the same time. I understand mirrors move but why not have fixed cameras on the base of the mirrors. Not being able to see wheels is a big let down as I have tight space in garage and can't judge how close I really am. The sensors themselves don't help because I have to get really close to objects in front and side and they go off anyway and there is no way for me to judge how close I really am

Tire pressure. Why in the world the system can't tell me exact tire pressure ? The chevy can do it, I had 2017 Lincoln MKZ and it could do it too.That just seems silly unless there is a difficulty of doing this in electric car.

App selection is very small and not being able to use android auto is sad. Youtube music worked ok. When I tried using LivexLive app it kept stopping the music when switching between screens. While I appreciate addition of SiriusXM why not give us an actual android app. The app they give us is doesn't allow access to all extra stations that are in android app ( I do understand this is probably siriuses choice and it uses actual satellite part not streaming) There should be app for satellite part and streaming part separate. That leads me to...

I couldn't get streaming over bluetooth to work at all. I paired two different phones (LG V60 and Note 20 Ultra) and enabled media and calls when pairing. Neither could stream music from any app. You press play and the app instantly stops. Normally when I see this unpairing and pairing again fixes it with other devices. I tried pairing several times and still can't get it to work.

Granted I only had one trip but google maps estimator was all over the places. It went from 10% to 36% to 13% to 16% to 20% at destination in matter of about 5 minutes going on a highway in cruise control at 76MPH about 100 miles from destination. In that time nothing had really changed, I didn't fiddle with AC or change speed and no steep hills or declines. Also range is displayed in total 3 different places and they all say different things.

The phone app is rather underwhelming. It's a shame it can't show the location of the car since the car is always connected to data anyway (why we can't see the car in google "find my device" with other android devices?). I still can't see battery charge and I get the "Data sharing is disabled" error but it hasn't been 36 hours yet. I don't see anything disabled in privacy settings.

Not car related but I don't understand why I had to drive to pick up the car. They would only deliver it if I paid for it, but they will pick it up for service for free. I am 142 miles away from my P space. Which actually is just volvo dealer for now. They are building the actual space in downtown Charlotte that should be opened in near future. Here is the pic of the car and the "space".

View attachment 7833

While this "bad" list seems very long I really do love the car it's just since this is the most expensive vehicle I ever had I have very high expectations and believe it should at least match functionality of cheaper and older cars. Hopefully some of these gripes get solved in future updates.
Welcome aboard. I bought mine at same spot a month ago. If you work in Buckhead I just drove past your car in a parking deck. First white one I’ve seen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome aboard. I bought mine at same spot a month ago. If you work in Buckhead I just drove past your car in a parking deck. First white one I’ve seen.
I live in RTP area so it must have been another one in the wild 😜

1 - 20 of 25 Posts