Polestar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Thunder - Slate with PP
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening guys,

Well, received my new P*2 on Monday with the PP. Unfortunately, the aweful weather and the narrow potholed country lanes in Devon have not been conducive to giving it a good test.. Sunny tomorrow, so hopefully a good run will be possible..

I have just returned the Jag iPace after two years, so I hope to enjoy this car.... with a little more reliability!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Well this is just not on. People just swanning in here with their cars they already have... You should have been here months ago to wait impatiently like the rest of us. 😁

Welcome and congratulations looks fantastic!

·
Registered
Thunder - Slate with PP
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK... So I had a great afternoon in the new chariot.. Manged to find some decent roads between Salcombe and Dartmouth, where it was apparent that this machine was made to drive! It glides around corners as if on rails and it makes you realise you must exercise some restraint when approaching reduced speed limits!

Speed is something which is generated rapidly and smoothly, but can be restrained with ease by lifting off or using the considerable stopping power of the brakes fitted as part of the PP.

It has a surprisingly good ride considering the suspension and wheel size. Certainly more pliant than other cars I have driven.

It's no S Class Merc, but then it's not meant to be competing in that category.

Basically, after an hour or so on the road today, I know I made the right choice.

BTW, it also attracted admirers including one guy who asked what it was and provided complimentary comments about the colour and design..

So here's to one more happy P*2 driver! :) (y)

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,863 Posts
Welcome to the club! And another person from Devon (there are at least two others on here, and we go down there regularly... well... used to...)

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
867 Posts
I’m surprised they’re still allowed to issue EU flag plates, it’s been well over a year now.

When I assigned my personalised plate to mine I picked up a set with the green flash from Halfords with no country code or flag, looks neater to me.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,863 Posts
I've just ordered green flash plates for ours with UK and the Union Flag on it, ready for when we drive to Fully Charged Show Live in Amsterdam in October. Booked the ferry last night too!

·
Registered
Thunder - Slate with PP
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice. Only a few colours and I spent ages changing my mind. Did this come with the euro number plate or did you get an option as I assume not relevant anymore. There is a green edge plate now which will be used by local authorities to id an electric car ref free parking etc.
Didn't really notice to be honest..

By rights, it should not have had the EU plate, as we have been out of the club for a year!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts