Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, happy P1 owner here, got the delivery in October and have only taken it out for one real Tour, from Hollywood to Carmel (closer to San Francisco). Have about 1200 miles on it so far. Looking to connect with other Polestar owners, maybe there will be some meets on the West Coast down the road...

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,554 Posts
Fancy a road trip to Warwick?

By which I mean Warwick, Warwickshire, Li'l ol' England, not one of the other Warwicks on your side of the pond :).

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Fred Malmberg

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Ah, pity. Oh well, you're welcome to come all the way over to Warwick to see a lesser vehicle if you wish :). We have can scones and cream, and tea with the local vicar, and chat while a little old lady solves another murder that's happened in our quaint country village.

Reactions: polerad and Mick

·
Registered
2021 2
1,375 Posts
Welcome Fred! As a newly commissioned owner of a P2 I concur with the sentiment that a meetup is in order!
Is Laguna Seca too far North for y'all in SoCal? I'll note I've tested my P2 at the Electrify America in Salinas and it works well.

Planning ahead for when the travel restrictions lift....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, pity. Oh well, you're welcome to come all the way over to Warwick to see a lesser vehicle if you wish :). We have can scones and cream, and tea with the local vicar, and chat while a little old lady solves another murder that's happened in our quaint country village.
Jolly good, how about we add a pint at the Pub to round it off old chap?

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Splendid idea old fellow! I'll make sure the beer is nice and warm for you. We can have it with a soggy pie and chips, what what.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
(For what it's worth, we only drink real ale at room temperature, we drink lager chilled just like the rest of the world. And most good pub food is really pretty decent these days!)

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
I thoroughly enjoy blowing stuffy stereotypes of the UK out of the window when visited by Johnny Foreigner :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
I spent 30 hours in London once on business and I had two meals selected by my local hosts. Dinner the night of arrival was an Italian place that was outstanding, and lunch the next day before I headed back to Gatwick was at an Indian restaurant which is still some of the best Murgh Makhani and garlic naan I've ever had. We did meet at a pub before dinner and I did have a pint of ale while we waited for the full group to arrive. Thoroughly enjoyable. ;-)

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Hey, if any of you guys 'n' gals would like some people to meet if you find yourself on a trip to the UK, please do stick something on here. We'd all love a good transatlantic meet-up!

I have in mind to organise a meet-up here in the UK once it's allowed, with a Zoom chat live to anyone abroad who'd like to join, but let's see how things pan out over the Spring.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I thoroughly enjoy blowing stuffy stereotypes of the UK out of the window when visited by Johnny Foreigner :)
Reminds me of spending 9-11 in the UK. Most UK news sites were blocked, so I went onto a Belgian website (in Dutch). A UK colleague approached and said: "Oh, you got onto a news site! But... it's in Foreign!" I think that was the only language she knew of outside of English.
Love England and Scotland and looking forward to spending lots more holidays there, once the pandemy is done and dusted and I got my international passport, visa, insurance and what have you sorted...

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
We've already got tickets booked for Fully Charged Live in Amsterdam in October, and will be driving there in our Polestar :).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts