Polestar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just seen this and thought it was probably worth sharing

Yes, it is a bit obvious . . but there is no harm in reminding people 馃憤

Registered
I use the supplied Polestar cable and the thing that bugs me most... the bright glowing orb that attracts everything. Especially strangers in my driveway!

I have a camera and have seen random people coming on my drive, looking around and touching. So far no theft.

The glowing orb is now wrapped in black tape. No more unwelcome lookers.

Registered
Easee home chargers can lock the cable in place with the app. You can also padlock the chargeberry to the back plate. The chargers are pricy items as well.
I installed my Easee inside my garage, so double security.

Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
Hence I have a tethered 7kW cable on my home Rolec charger.

Registered
I was wondering whether this applied to untethered cables only? Surely no one would be stupid enough to cut through and steal a tethered cable? I think I've answered my own question ;) They are stupid enough to cut through high voltage cables next to railway lines. See Cable theft - Network Rail

Registered
I was wondering whether this applied to untethered cables only? Surely no one would be stupid enough to cut through and steal a tethered cable? I think I've answered my own question ;) They are stupid enough to cut through high voltage cables next to railway lines. See Cable theft - Network Rail
I think the difference there is they're stealing cables for the scrap copper value, whereas charging cables would be stolen to sell as charging cables, and a cut one isn't going to be worth much!

Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
White vans driving around my neighbourhood shouting "metal!" out the window is a common scene. I wonder if opportunistic people will just cut the cable for scrap metal value. If I go by the vans I see every week in my hood there are plenty of legit scrap merchants. I wonder now many will discover a new business model?

Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
Honestly, most of those are not legit. Largely they're going round looking for unattended bikes, scooters or anything else they can help themselves to. They're a right nuisance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts