Polestar Forum banner
501 - 520 of 721 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have always just looked at the updated timestamp which mine was last updated on 13th September, my version number is currently 28 but i did not think it had any relation to the stage of process but with bvmble mentioning 2 digit status number that correlates to the stage of manufacture/delivery, I wasn't sure if that was what was be referred to as I cannot see anything else on JSON for a 2 digit status number.

AllI know is my VIN appeared on the 8th Sept, my estimated delivery date is 14th December and latest update from CS this morning is that the car is at the docks waiting shipping.
Same as me on all counts - we can be ship buddies….

I think we might have missed out on Morning Lynn but should make Morning Lily due to leave Shanghai early Oct….

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just had a phone call from Polestar saying that they are ready to organise the delivery once i have parted with my deposit! (Not sure what happened to the email the website states you get.). Now officially getting excited.

Key dates in my journey so far:
Order Placed
26/05/2022​
P*2 PP, Plus, Pilot Lite
Order Confirmed
08/06/2022​
Build Started (VIN)
15/07/2022​
Build Finished
17/07/2022​
New delivery date (JSON) + Latest date to lock order
10/08/2022​
Original date 7th Nov, Moved to 11th Oct
Sales agreement
11/08/2022​
Email for contract sign and registration number arrived
17/08/2022​
New delivery date
31/08/2022​
Now 21st Sep
New delivery date
02/09/2022​
Now 22nd Sep

Does seem that things happen in a strange order. According to the JSON data my registration date was the 15th Sept but is now the 4th Sept - so it seems they might register them with the DVLA once they hit the UK shores (as that's when i think it arrived), but it still yet to show up on a DVLA search..
Having had zero updates since i paid the requested deposit on the 9th Sept, i finally gave up and phoned P* CS.. It appears that my car was ready for delivery but i no indication of that anywhere on the website or in the JSON data. I'd spoken with CS via the chat on several occasions looking for an update to be given the usual BS and repeat of the website data, however on the phone call CS booked in the delivery there and then. So, mine is now arriving on the 10th Oct - nothing like the JSON date of the 22nd Sept.

Would seriously recommend that once you get close to the JSON date that you actually phone CS for an update. It seems that they may be a little behind in the UK and prioritising on being nagged. I'm a little disappointed that i still have nearly 3 weeks to wait, but on the plus side i only have nearly have 3 weeks to wait and it is now properly booked.

·
Registered
SRSM, Pilot lite & Plus,Midnight
37 Posts
My car was built early August, "Your car is well underway" e-mail on 13th September with a JSON delivery date 14th November.

The e-mail showed a row of PS's in a half empty ship so I guess loading was underway, Morning Lynn left on the 16th so I'm guessing it's on that.
It docks in Zeebrugge on the 26th October before moving to Norway, so with a week for transhipment and 2 for PDI/Delivery - I would expect delivery on time.

Of course as my Mother always used to say "what you expect, you may not get" .....

·
Registered
MY22 Pilot Plus LRDM on 20s, Magnesium
165 Posts
Is that the version number you are referring to under the updated information? If yes, any idea what the numbers refer to?
Yes, completion is Version : 60
I was watching that when any updates were made rather than obsessing over delivery dates.

I couldn't be bothered trying to work out each stage, I'm sure someone will in the near future

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same as me on all counts - we can be ship buddies….

I think we might have missed out on Morning Lynn but should make Morning Lily due to leave Shanghai early Oct….
I am not holding my breath as i have different dates all over the place due to it being a company car lease.

Had an email from the lease company yesterday updating me that the delivery with be late January but on their website for my account they have it as 16th December delivery.

To be honest i would rather it be delivered beginning of January once i am back in work after the holidays.

All i want to see is it on a ship and then will be happy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am not holding my breath as i have different dates all over the place due to it being a company car lease.

Had an email from the lease company yesterday updating me that the delivery with be late January but on their website for my account they have it as 16th December delivery.

To be honest i would rather it be delivered beginning of January once i am back in work after the holidays.

All i want to see is it on a ship and then will be happy.
Mines on a lease too, through employer. The details I get through my provider (Tusker) match up identically with JSON data.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, completion is Version : 60
I was watching that when any updates were made rather than obsessing over delivery dates.

I couldn't be bothered trying to work out each stage, I'm sure someone will in the near future
I remember doing a similar thing when i ordered an Audi 6 years ago, the codes referred to specific points along the order, manufacture, shipping, delivery etc so you could work out when the car was at.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car was built early August, "Your car is well underway" e-mail on 13th September with a JSON delivery date 14th November.

The e-mail showed a row of PS's in a half empty ship so I guess loading was underway, Morning Lynn left on the 16th so I'm guessing it's on that.
It docks in Zeebrugge on the 26th October before moving to Norway, so with a week for transhipment and 2 for PDI/Delivery - I would expect delivery on time.

Of course as my Mother always used to say "what you expect, you may not get" .....
I'm reading "well underway" as it is already on a ship. I had the same email on the 10th Sept. It does say it has set sail. Same delivery date. I'm hoping they're on the Thermopylae. I live in hope :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmm.. until now, I was pretty certain that my car was traveling on Thalatta. But i just took another look at the website's code / JSON and I noticed that the follow field inder status had changed:
hasCarArrivedAtDealer: true
That must mean it's already in Belgium right?
Maybe that's why my expectedHandoverDate is 3 okt.. I thought my car was on Thalatta and my handover wouldn't be in the first half of October.. I am getting excited :)
I was not able to confirm a handover date yet, but i think my towbar still needs to be installed/go through a check. Fingers crossed for early October delivery.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has a Reg number appeared yet?

Nah, not yet.

it’s been on a boat since about 24th august (minimum) so I was expecting some Reg details in the next week or two; especially when I seen the delivery date drop to 24/10 yesterday.

The JSON estimated date does go up and down clearly, so I won’t look at a change as too negative for now as it could change again this week.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmm.. until now, I was pretty certain that my car was traveling on Thalatta. But i just took another look at the website's code / JSON and I noticed that the follow field inder status had changed:
hasCarArrivedAtDealer: true
That must mean it's already in Belgium right?
Maybe that's why my expectedHandoverDate is 3 okt.. I thought my car was on Thalatta and my handover wouldn't be in the first half of October.. I am getting excited :)
I was not able to confirm a handover date yet, but i think my towbar still needs to be installed/go through a check. Fingers crossed for early October delivery.
When did you get that shipping mail?

·
Registered
10 Posts
When did you get that shipping mail?
I am one of those people who never got any emails.
I was told in the chat that my my car was built in the 2nd or 3th week of July (not 100% sure anymore) and was told (also by the chat) that my car was on a ship on the 22nd of August. That is actually a day before Thalatta left Shanghai. They told me the ship would be in Belgium somewhere mid September or 2nd half of September.
Are there any Belgian people out here with a car on Boheme that were already contacted for a handover?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Now my estimated date slipped back 3 weeks to November 14th (was sitting at October 24th for a few days). Unreal!
Mine did exactly the same, but the shop and the submit your drivers licence pictures have opened up so 2 steps forward 1 back i suppose.

still holding out we are on the same ship as @Hoppo1979 the Thermopylae which is due into the Seuz Canal tomorrow then onto Zeebrugge i think

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am one of those people who never got any emails.
I was told in the chat that my my car was built in the 2nd or 3th week of July (not 100% sure anymore) and was told (also by the chat) that my car was on a ship on the 22nd of August. That is actually a day before Thalatta left Shanghai. They told me the ship would be in Belgium somewhere mid September or 2nd half of September.
Are there any Belgian people out here with a car on Boheme that were already contacted for a handover?
ok thanks. Why i asked is that my car was also produced on july and got mail 20.8 on shipment. So if your car is already in belgium mine should be also on route to finland but who knows. i never had any info in JSON.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #518 ·
Quick update, I received my handover date yesterday afternoon for the morning of 17th October which I think more or less confirms that my car is on Thalatta.
Nice! Have you been allocated a Registration Number yet and if so roughly when did that arrive?

It seems when the ship gets close to Gibraltar people start getting offered up delivery dates, that happened on an earlier boat too as I recall!

·
Registered
MY23 LRSM, Magnesium
12 Posts
Nice! Have you been allocated a Registration Number yet and if so roughly when did that arrive?

It seems when the ship gets close to Gibraltar people start getting offered up delivery dates, that happened on an earlier boat too as I recall!
Yes, I received the reg number a week ago when the ship was approaching the Suez canal

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #520 ·
Yes, I received the reg number a week ago when the ship was approaching the Suez canal
Brill!

Thats helpful, I think my car is approaching Suez (hopefully!) on Thermopylae if my detective skills have worked, so if I get a reg number in the next couple of days that will help!

Thanks for the update!

501 - 520 of 721 Posts