Polestar Forum banner
541 - 560 of 721 Posts

·
Registered
P*2 MY23 SRSM Magnesium
3 Posts
Early this week, my car was still in shangai, delivery date was supposed to be mid-November
the Morning Lily departs Oct. 6 and arrives Nov. 11 in Zeebrugge.
Then the delivery date which is in my json of November 14 is never reachable.
What is your estimated delivery date in the json?
In last email from the leasing company it says delivery week 46.
November 14 is during week 46...
To my feelings, my P* is on the Morning Lynn

·
Registered
5 Posts
the Morning Lily departs Oct. 6 and arrives Nov. 11 in Zeebrugge.
Then the delivery date which is in my json of November 14 is never reachable.
What is your estimated delivery date in the json?
In last email from the leasing company it says delivery week 46.
November 14 is during week 46...
To my feelings, my P* is on the Morning Lynn
Estimated delivery date is 28/10/2022

·
Registered
40 Posts
My car was at the docks a couple of days before Morning Lynn departed - I've had no emails about shipping - It is on a lease BUT I have had all the other emails direct to my work email (leased through company provider). JSON has had no updates over the last week either.

Just had a brief chat with Amber on CS - She advises my car is on a ship and on its way and due into the UK Early/Mid November

Could it be that it did actually make it onto Morning Lynn after all?? I see thats due in Zeebrugge towards the end of October and then another while being cross loaded and shipped to the UK - could tie up...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #546 · (Edited)
My car was at the docks a couple of days before Morning Lynn departed - I've had no emails about shipping - It is on a lease BUT I have had all the other emails direct to my work email (leased through company provider). JSON has had no updates over the last week either.

Just had a brief chat with Amber on CS - She advises my car is on a ship and on its way and due into the UK Early/Mid November

Could it be that it did actually make it onto Morning Lynn after all?? I see thats due in Zeebrugge towards the end of October and then another while being cross loaded and shipped to the UK - could tie up...
I've just had a live chat with 'Phoebe'. I'm convinced they know more but use smoke and mirrors to avoid giving any tangible info out.

My car was confirmed as shipped around 6th September by P* (never had the emails either, my car is a lease via Zenith). That would point to Thermopylae. My JSON updated on 31st August with the upload licence stuff and greyed out delivery boxes too, again pointint to it being onboard Thermopylae that departed 1st September.

When pushed, Phoebe said they didn't have any ship info nor did they know roughly when the car left Shanghai which in my opinion is utter rubbish in my opinion.

Hey Ho!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've just had a live chat with 'Phoebe'. I'm convinced they no more but use smoke and mirrors to avoid giving any tangible info out.

My car was confirmed as shipped around 6th September by P* (never had the emails either, my car is a lease via Zenith). That would point to Thermopylae. My JSON updated on 31st August with the upload licence stuff and greyed out delivery boxes too, again pointint to it being onboard Thermopylae that departed 1st September.

When pushed, Phoebe said they didn't have any ship info nor did they know roughly when the car left Shanghai which in my opinion is utter rubbish in my opinion.

Hey Ho!
See Thermopylae is now due in Southampton on the 1st Oct

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've just had a live chat with 'Phoebe'. I'm convinced they no more but use smoke and mirrors to avoid giving any tangible info out.

Hey Ho!
The option to upload my license details were available to me pretty much as soon as the VIN was visible - Morning Lynn only docked and left about 4 days after mine was confirmed as at the docks...

No idea - Dates just seem to tie up

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #549 ·
See Thermopylae is now due in Southampton on the 1st Oct
She is indeed, however general consensus is (weirdly) that UK P* aren't delivered in Southampton because they are prepped at Bristol Portbury BCA Logistics centre. So they actually take P* to Zeebrugge, cross load them onto another ship and then deliver them to Portbury.

Looking at Portbury Schedules, Spica Leader leaves Zeebrugge around 7th/8th October and into Portbury 10th Oct, that lines up with the cross loading and onward shipping!

All guesswork though! until Thermo arrives in Zeebrugge and I can see other ships around her, I don't really know!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got my VIN on the 12th of September, "Your car's ready" confirmation email on the 15th - the delivery date was not affected and stayed as the 21st of Dec in JSON/January on order page (was November when ordering on the 31st of May).

As of today the estimate is 18th of Jan in JSON and February according to the order details. So, I waited for four months to get the car built and still need to wait for another four full months until I have the car. Oh my.

Chatting with Pole's CS didn't offer insight on reasons what caused the additional delay and if I should prepare myself for further delays. Sigh

Helsinki, FI. SRSM, pilot lite, magnesium, 2 x 19"

·
Registered
20 Posts
She is indeed, however general consensus is (weirdly) that UK P* aren't delivered in Southampton because they are prepped at Bristol Portbury BCA Logistics centre. So they actually take P* to Zeebrugge, cross load them onto another ship and then deliver them to Portbury.

Looking at Portbury Schedules, Spica Leader leaves Zeebrugge around 7th/8th October and into Portbury 10th Oct, that lines up with the cross loading and onward shipping!

All guesswork though! until Thermo arrives in Zeebrugge and I can see other ships around her, I don't really know!
So they won't go to Oxford to be prepped, so would it be straight from Portbury to me then? and it's normally 2 weeks right do that would fit for the 24th Oct that my JSON moved to a week ago then it moved back to where it is today on the 14th Nov

·
Registered
27 Posts
How long did it take between "Your car's ready" & "Shipped" emails?
Do not know that because car was already manufactured when i ordered it (preconfigured). I got that shipping mail 20.8 and think that car was already on it's way because it was yesterday in belgium (think it was there in last week). Car was manufactured on July (second half. There is no precise date anywhere).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my VIN on the 12th of September, "Your car's ready" confirmation email on the 15th - the delivery date was not affected and stayed as the 21st of Dec in JSON/January on order page (was November when ordering on the 31st of May).

As of today the estimate is 18th of Jan in JSON and February according to the order details. So, I waited for four months to get the car built and still need to wait for another four full months until I have the car. Oh my.

Chatting with Pole's CS didn't offer insight on reasons what caused the additional delay and if I should prepare myself for further delays. Sigh

Helsinki, FI. SRSM, pilot lite, magnesium, 2 x 19"
Great. Today my expected delivery has jumped from 19th of Dec 2022 to 18th of Jan 2023.
Ordered 31. May, Build completed 11th of Sep.

Now I will not have to ask them to hold back registration and delivery to January any more.
Reg and Delivery in January makes it a true 2023 car when eventually selling it.
Taking delivery in December would always have an "It's a -22" label hanging over it, regardless of actual model year.

Helsinki, FI. LRDM Pilot lite Space with 2 x 19"

I'll just get to enjoy my Saabs for a bit longer :)

·
Registered
SMLR Magnesium No Packs MY23
10 Posts
Afternoon All, my LRSM Magnesium No Packs 19" has now departed for the UK as advised by CS today, they are unable to provide ship name, my delivery date has come slightly forward from 19/12/2022 too 14/12/2022.

Order Confirmed: 25/05
VIN Assigned: 09/09
Departed for UK: Mid-Sept (asked CS 23-Sept and advised on it's way)
Estimated Delivery: 14/12

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #558 ·
Ooooo, this is new.
Do you think we'll start seeing Bristol plates for UK deliveries rather than Oxford?
We haven't yet, registering cars is a lot easier these days, no paper tax discs. The admin may be carried out in Oxford hence the Oxford registration numbers. BCA Bristol can probably make any plates.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #559 ·
Ok, Friday shipping update! (i'll try and do this in order of ships due into Europe)

Thalatta - Off the NW coast of Spain, into Antwerp first 25th Sept, then Zeebrugge. Will need a cross load to get any UK cars to Bristol
Thermopylae - Left Suez and in the Med. Arriving in Southampton 1st Oct, Zeebrugge around 3rd. UK cars shouldn't be dropped in Southampton so another cross load at Zeebrugge
Leo Leader (wild card ship) should be closing in on Yemen, out of range but i'd expect an update within 24 hours. Supposedly heading to Zeebrugge and then directly into Bristol on 8th October. This seems an optimistic timescale given where she is but we shall see!
Morning Lynn - Has departed Thailand and heading for Singapore to refuel. (I cant remember ETA to Zeebrugge but it'll be around 18th October from memory)

Ships heading to Shanghai

Morning Lily - Currently near Sri Lanka, due into Shanghai 3rd October! Exciting ship as her first stop after Shanghai is....Bristol!
Theben - Currently mooching around Australia, due into Shanghai 13th October

I have had a detailed look at other ships en-route and I cannot identify any other boat thats close to fitting a P* shipment.

Next job will be to see if I can spot the cross load ship for Thalatta cars moving into Bristol.

Ships can be tracked here - www.vesselfinder.com/

Bristol arrivals can be seen here - https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping/forward-movements

Have fun!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #560 ·
So they won't go to Oxford to be prepped, so would it be straight from Portbury to me then? and it's normally 2 weeks right do that would fit for the 24th Oct that my JSON moved to a week ago then it moved back to where it is today on the 14th Nov
This is another 2+2 equals what scenario. several people have been told by P* that ships arrive in Bristol now. BCA have a huge preparation facility there so it would make perfect sense. Another forum member also posted pictures of P* cars sat at Portbury docks.

I cant see any logic in carting them off to Oxford anymore when we know BCA are the prep agent and they have a huge facility at Portbury.

541 - 560 of 721 Posts