Polestar Forum banner
1681 - 1700 of 1775 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello fellow Finns, I ordered 21 Jun 2022 and got a registration number this morning. My JSON has received updates today with an estimated delivery of 23 Dec 2022 (was 28 Dec for a while previously). Arrives just in time for Christmas if true.

·
Registered
P*2 SRSM 2023 Magn Pilot lite 2x19"
3 Posts
My JSON updated about hour ago. Estimated delivery 29.12. Oulu (was 21.12. a week ago) and no registration number yet. Hopefully this update was due vehicle arriving Hanko (would match timewise at least).

·
Registered
Polestar 2
10 Posts
Looks like ( we ) Finns have hijacked this thread :D Just following also that goddamn Theben that is stuck somewhere, or may be also Tombarra that is just standing for a week near Zeebrugge

I my case i asked to move the handover to January from suggested end of December, so i get a " proper MY23 " as that may have something to do with the cars value when changing car here in Finland. Maybe for that reason , the delivery date has since been stable 01/02/2023

·
Registered
9 Posts
My last update is from 17th of Nov, and the delivery is still 15th of Dec, according to JSON. Hoping, that they just had no time to "sign" every car (hopefully) unloaded to Hanko yesterday, and that I would get the handover date locked today... We'll see... It is quite weird, that there has been no updates after the 17th day, but since we actually know very little on how Polestar's systems work, I wouldn't make any judgements based on the update-parameter alone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My last update is from 17th of Nov, and the delivery is still 15th of Dec, according to JSON. Hoping, that they just had no time to "sign" every car (hopefully) unloaded to Hanko yesterday, and that I would get the handover date locked today... We'll see... It is quite weird, that there has been no updates after the 17th day, but since we actually know very little on how Polestar's systems work, I wouldn't make any judgements based on the update-parameter alone.
I'm sitting solid on an expected delivery of 19th, as it has been since Lily left Southampton.
My Json version has been increasing (as expected) as I have completed payment on the car, the "payment completed" email arrived about exactly as Elbe moored, perfect timing.
Waiting for suggestion of handover dates, I'm suspecting there are more than just five cars to process, as also recharge volvos are manufactured on the same manufacturing line as Polestar, so they are busy sorting out cars and timeslots for final checks and preparations, and mounting of winter tires for the ones that have selected that.

There seems to be two batches of Polestars on approach to Finland, the ones that got registration numbers around 15.November, and the second batch that just recently got registration numbers. To confuse things, my friend got his reg.no. on Thursday 24th, he got the shipping email exactly between the departure of Morning Lily and Theben, we assumed he would be on Lily, but the registration number date did not match up at all. They would not send the "your car has set sail" on week before the ship (Theben in this case) even moored in Shanghai would they?
Anyhow, he's json is predicting a delivery on the 28th of December.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We paid the down payment immediately when there was a chance to do so, and overall, we've completed all "tasks" right away, so that can also affect the rate how often our JSON is being updated, so there's that... Let's see what happens.. I''m not gonna contact customer service, since the car will arrive when it does, but it is "fun" in a most weird way possible to try to piece together the pieces to see where your car MIGHT be going :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
There seems to be two batches of Polestars on approach to Finland, the ones that got registration numbers around 15.November, and the second batch that just recently got registration numbers. To confuse things, my friend got his reg.no. on Thursday 24th, he got the shipping email exactly between the departure of Morning Lily and Theben, we assumed he would be on Lily, but the registration number date did not match up at all. They would not send the "your car has set sail" on week before the ship (Theben in this case) even moored in Shanghai would they?
Anyhow, he's json is predicting a delivery on the 28th of December.
Just had a chat with P* customer service agent. According to her, my car is still in Zeebrugge (which was the case a little over a week ago). sigh

·
Registered
50 Posts
I my case i asked to move the handover to January from suggested end of December, so i get a " proper MY23 " as that may have something to do with the cars value when changing car here in Finland.
I'm hoping that with the current demand and supply situation with EV's, waiting to get the car registered in January has little effect on the value of the car when selling. It used to be a -4% decrease, but I'm not convinced the market is like that anymore.

·
Registered
2023 SRSM 19" Magnesium Pilot
7 Posts
Got a JSON update last night, manufacturing month appeared (2022-10), and the isLocked property went to true. I guess (read: hope) that this implies that the delivery is eminent, right? 😅

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm hoping that with the current demand and supply situation with EV's, waiting to get the car registered in January has little effect on the value of the car when selling. It used to be a -4% decrease, but I'm not convinced the market is like that anymore.
Currently, I think with the EV's, their value don't drop as drastically as combustion engine cars. Mainly due to the supply issues. Funniest thing was when I was looking into EV's on the market, used Polestar 2 was more expensive, than new one ordered from the factory, due to supply issues. Also, I don't think this situation will resolve itself any time soon, because chip shortages, and limited supply of battery chemicals, there will always be delays. Thus, I would say, that for the next 5 years, EV's hold their value very nicely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got a JSON update last night, manufacturing month appeared (2022-10), and the isLocked property went to true. I guess (read: hope) that this implies that the delivery is eminent, right?
I would not bet on that.

Mine has production 10/22 as well and islocked has been true for long.

Think mine is somewhere in the Arabic ocean heading for the red sea and Suez

Edit'

By eminent I read 'Just around the corner'
Might have been misinterpreted

·
Registered
2023 SRSM 19" Magnesium Pilot
7 Posts
I would not bet on that.

Mine has production 10/22 as well and islocked has been true for long.

Think mine is somewhere in the Arabic ocean heading for the red sea and Suez

Edit'

By eminent I read 'Just around the corner'
Might have been misinterpreted
You interpreted that correctly. :)
Oh well, anyways, guess I'll see when it actually arrives.

·
Registered
2023 LRDM 19" Space Pilot Plus Tow
83 Posts
It now has a correct ETA:
View attachment 19959
I see there are several WW ships waiting to dock the 30th. (Titania, Tombarra, Talisman, Theben..)
Zeebrugge must be over full.
I'm kinda expecting further delays...

Zeebrugge: Terminal yard and berths are being highly utilised which lead to space constraints and vessel delays at some terminals. The terminals are reaching saturation due to large volumes of import cargo as well as growing dwell times due to general shortage of trucking capacity. We are noticing slight improvements on the labor
Link

1681 - 1700 of 1775 Posts