Polestar Forum banner

181 - 200 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
The manual is sufficiently vague about this although it does use the phrase 'when cold'. My last few cars automatically disabled this feature when it wasn't needed, so no reason to suspect the PS2 doesn't do the same.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
446 Posts
I do suspect it might be cold weather only for the preheating for seats and steering wheel but might be wrong.

Not been into the dealer yet for the rattles. The lady on the phone didn't even understand what a green flash number plate was 🙄 so I'm waiting for them to call me back with a number plate price and book a date in.
I stand corrected (from the manual):

It is possible to set whether automatic start of heated seats should be activated/deactivated when the driver gets into the car. With automatic start activated, heating will start in low ambient temperature.

Not sure what the cut off point is?

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,994 Posts
Thanks, useful to know. I'm guessing it's 10C.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the update on Wednesday. I was connected for 24 hours, but this morning I had my old friend X in the triangle returned. I'm hopeful it's a temporary issue, but just be warned, the update isn't a cure-all.
Right.
I have the car booked in for an update on Wednesday, however I thought I would have another try. Don’t know why but I looked up above the mirror to see the “SOS” button flashing so remembering other members comments I pressed the “connect” button and guess what, I’m now connected. However I’m still stuck on Nov 1 update, see images

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Right.
I have the car booked in for an update on Wednesday, however I thought I would have another try. Don’t know why but I looked up above the mirror to see the “SOS” button flashing so remembering other members comments I pressed the “connect” button and guess what, I’m now connected. However I’m still stuck on Nov 1 update, see images
Unfortunately that “update” screen does nothing, even when you have a connection. Real updates OTA come via a push from Polestar, and show up as a message at the top of the screen (swipe from top).

·
Registered
magnesium/slate/19"/tow/18xxx
54 Posts
My seat and steering wheel heating didn't come on automatically yesterday - does it only do so below a certain outside temperature, perhaps? It's been rock solid for a couple of months until yesterday, and that was possibly the first time I'd started the car above 10C...
I can confirm it doesn't auto start seat & steering wheel heating above 10°C. Mine is parked in the unheated garage in the house (downstairs floor in a terrace house) which is always above 10°C. In the past weeks, seat heating is off at the start of a drive, and turns on the instant the temperature indicator of the gauge cluster drops below 9°C or so

·
Registered
magnesium/slate/19"/tow/18xxx
54 Posts
I can confirm it doesn't auto start seat & steering wheel heating above 10°C. Mine is parked in the unheated garage in the house (downstairs floor in a terrace house) which is always above 10°C. In the past weeks, seat heating is off at the start of a drive, and turns on the instant the temperature indicator of the gauge cluster drops below 9°C or so
It's not a bug, it's a feature ;)

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Magnesium, Slate WeaveTech, 19", no PP, Tow bar. Pickup end of December.
22 Posts
To provide a balance, I've had only one occurrence in two months of no 4G (little cross). I've never had a hollow triangle. I wonder if it's because my car tends to sit for more than 2 days at a time quite a lot, so it goes into complete shutdown at least once per week?
Yes I was just like you, only one issue (4G little cross) since December. That's until yesterday (Saturday) when I got in the car and the 4G icon turned grey. Did a 145km trip but it never came back. Thought I would leave it overnight and check again this morning. No such luck, the icon is still grey and no matter where I drive it doesn't come back. I know 100% sure it isn't a bad reception issue. Like others mentioned no WiFi too and forced reboot doesn't do it either. I have the November update. My car sits for a few days in row as well. Usually 3 to 4. So there's no guarantee unfortunately.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I do suspect it might be cold weather only for the preheating for seats and steering wheel but might be wrong.

Not been into the dealer yet for the rattles. The lady on the phone didn't even understand what a green flash number plate was 🙄 so I'm waiting for them to call me back with a number plate price and book a date in.
Mine has the occasional rattle from passenger side at the front. Discovered that it doesn't happen with a passenger sitting there so assume it is a wire or something under the passenger seat but not checked yet. Maybe yours is similar?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Could be? It does still happen with a passenger. Interestingly, it seems to have magically cured itself since the weather got a lot warmer... so it's definitely some trim or rubber that's expanded and is now a tighter fit. Quite possibly the window rubber. I'll now never know until next Winter!

·
Registered
19” non PP Moon tow bar
10 Posts
Yes I was just like you, only one issue (4G little cross) since December. That's until yesterday (Saturday) when I got in the car and the 4G icon turned grey. Did a 145km trip but it never came back. Thought I would leave it overnight and check again this morning. No such luck, the icon is still grey and no matter where I drive it doesn't come back. I know 100% sure it isn't a bad reception issue. Like others mentioned no WiFi too and forced reboot doesn't do it either. I have the November update. My car sits for a few days in row as well. Usually 3 to 4. So there's no guarantee unfortunately.
I had update to latest Android 10 Tuesday. No issues with 4G all though now saying LTE. WIFI connected for first time & can now tether to phone. That was until Friday. Hollow triangle with little cross. Tried switching mobile data on & off & re-booted system still nothing. Spoke to Polestar CS who said to hold Demist button for 20 seconds which should reset system. This didn’t work either. Saturday still the same but now even worse as no WiFi. While driving SOS button started flashing red & low and behold LTE & WiFi back. All fine until 30 mins ago & now list everything again. Tried all reboots but nothing. This issue is still not fixed with the latest update. Will contact CS tomorrow to inform them

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for the feedback re the seat heating temperatures. Feel like a right numpty....but with "so much" technology not working as advertised, anything out of the ordinary I assume to be another symptom. Unfortunately no improvements today, so will be in touch with Polestar tomorrow.

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Magnesium, Slate WeaveTech, 19", no PP, Tow bar. Pickup end of December.
22 Posts
I had update to latest Android 10 Tuesday. No issues with 4G all though now saying LTE. WIFI connected for first time & can now tether to phone. That was until Friday. Hollow triangle with little cross. Tried switching mobile data on & off & re-booted system still nothing. Spoke to Polestar CS who said to hold Demist button for 20 seconds which should reset system. This didn’t work either. Saturday still the same but now even worse as no WiFi. While driving SOS button started flashing red & low and behold LTE & WiFi back. All fine until 30 mins ago & now list everything again. Tried all reboots but nothing. This issue is still not fixed with the latest update. Will contact CS tomorrow to inform them
That doesn't sound very promising. Would have thought this would have been solved by now. I'll contact customer support today as I still got the grey icon this morning too.

·
Registered
19” non PP Moon tow bar
10 Posts
That doesn't sound very promising. Would have thought this would have been solved by now. I'll contact customer support today as I still got the grey icon this morning too.
Lost connection again yesterday completely and nothing again this morning then red lights on SOS button flashing again and since then had no issue. Contacted CS and they have advised car to go back in as they have no idea why the SOS button is flashing red and think it is another software issue. Car booked in next Thursday. Will update after visit

·
Registered
134 Posts
I see that there are now other threads covering similar issues, but to hopefully finish of my story here, I got a reply from Polestar which picks up on the key points I raised (note - I did NOT point out the defect with seat heating....)

"I understand the road sign information system is being continuously updated and improved, as we are aware of inaccuracies in the system currently.

To reinstate your LTE, I have been advised of a remote fix, which I have copied below:

Hold the screen demister button for 20 seconds. You will also notice that the SOS buttons in the car's ceiling flashes red. This is part of an internal check of the Telematic unit. When SOS button stops flashing the Telematic unit is connecting to the network. Approximately 30 seconds later, you should now see LTE in top left corner of the infotainment screen.

We are however aware of an issue with our service provider with these connectivity issues, and is a priority issue we are working to resolve ASAP.

I would be happy to have you booked into the service centre to have these issues looked into for resolve, however with the connectivity issues being present on the service provider side, I am not able to confirm this would permanently resolve this issue until this is resolved at the service provider's end. I would be happy to see if they are able to do anything to assist your current situation.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed, and if this remote fix for the LTE has been successful on this occasion."

I had tried the "demister reset" last night and left the car on recharge overnight with little optimism that it had actually worked. However, I am glad to report it had worked this time and I had a morning driving (including a short stop) without any dropped services. Except the traffic sign notifications which I am resigned to ignore until a proper fix is available. I can only assume that the service provider problem has again been at the bottom of the issues many of us have encountered and not a need to replace any hardware.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
333 Posts
Yeah the demister button trick seems to do the 'turn it off and on' again trick for me, which might speed things up a bit, but as I suspected it's a carrier issue so not much can be done. Nice to have confirmation of that. It's not as bad as mid January so don't mind that much.

Also glad to see they're aware of the speed sign recognition having issues, i was contemplating reporting it but didn't bother. For me it's useless on the motorways I drive on as it constantly switches between 60 to 70 for no apparent reason or signs encountered. I'm just used to ignore it while it angrily blinks 60 at me for doing 70 now, when they fix this I'd probably have to enable audio notifications!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I think you should still report it. If people don't report it, they don't know that people are annoyed by it...

·
Registered
825 Posts
I reported it the other day and they came back with the copy-pasted troubleshooting guide.

I went back to them and said I wasn't looking for support, I was merely informing them that it's borked again!

For me, now, it's nearly as bad as it's ever been. On my last three trips, I've had working data for less than half the time.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
For me, it's been 100% solid since late December. But the car's only being used about twice per week. Not complaining... it does seem incredibly inconsistent for everyone.

181 - 200 of 214 Posts