Polestar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 220 Posts
Had a grumble to Polestar CS about a few things including the 4G. This was their response:-

"With regards to 4G, there is a major network outage with our supplier which our technical team are currently working hard on to resolve. I can only apologise for this inconvenience and assure you that we will be in touch when progress has been made."

Seems unlikely T-Mobile network is down for weeks... šŸ™„

I am glad I am not working for the CS team, it must be really depressing telling people "sorry, we are working on it" all day long.

"With regards to 4G, there is a major network outage with our supplier..."

Seems unlikely T-Mobile network is down for weeks... šŸ™„
The supplier with the network outage can also be a subcontractor of cloud services. Suppose the X comes up when there's 4G but no connection to their cloud servers, then their description would be correct but confusing! Which is frequently the case when CS personel aren't trained to use the propper phasing for different components is a complex system.

The supplier with the network outage can also be a subcontractor of cloud services. Suppose the X comes up when there's 4G but no connection to their cloud servers, then their description would be correct but confusing! Which is frequently the case when CS personel aren't trained to use the propper phasing for different components is a complex system.
I contacted Polestar yesterday to point out that the car was missing its first aid kit (which they're now delivering via the local Volvo dealer along with the missing jack, foam insert, wrench and other parts). I also pointed out that I'd had no response to my ticket about the 4G problem, and got the following response - I'm not convinced it's worth the effort to leave the car with them for a temporary fix that may only last for the drive home!

"Thank you for your email. I have contacted Bells Bedford and ordered a first aid kit as per your request. The retailer will be in touch when all the parts are ready to collect.

We are aware of customers experiencing connectivity issues within their cars. This is an issue Polestar are working on as a high priority. The team of technicians at your local retailer are able to perform a reset on the connectivity component in the car. Please bear in mind this is proving to be a temporary fix for customers with the issue reoccurring. I have booked your car in on the 19th January for drop off from 8am onwards. A courtesy car will be available. If for any reason this is not suitable, please contact the retailer directly on 01234 360666."

As above my car at the local garage where they have suggested s comms module update. I thought it would only be in for the day but sheā€™s still there. Also saw another Void there which has been booked in for same connectivity issues...anyone on here own up?

I will update when I know what this update actually means. I am with many of the posts on here regarding two distinct issues.

My gut feeling is that this is a car related issue, and not a network provider issue, because it appears to happen in different countries/regions and I don't think that T-mobile has issues all over the place. Just my 2 cents.

My gut feeling is that this is a car related issue, and not a network provider issue, because it appears to happen in different countries/regions and I don't think that T-mobile has issues all over the place. Just my 2 cents.
My feeling it is T-Mobile with their Car Hot Spot Offering. BMW use the same system communication system. I wonder if they are having problems.

My feeling it is T-Mobile with their Car Hot Spot Offering. BMW use the same system communication system. I wonder if they are having problems.
Yes you are presented with a T Mobile Hotspot Drive status page if you hit the internet privacy option (and it managed to get online). You can also register an account but not sure what purpose that serves.

Shows O2 as the carrier on that page with a Union Jack icon.

I agree, can't be happening all over the planet. My T mobile phone works perfectly so why can't the car do as well, very frustrating.

So there might be two different issues here.

First is the 4g with the X: This is fairly rare in the US, but widespread in Europe, especially the UK (which might just be because of the number of British members here).

Second is 4g with the hollow strength signal: This seems fairly rare across the board, but more common than it should be.

For the former, I'm all but certain this is a network capacity issue. I strongly suspect Polestar/Google is leveraging Fi in the US for service (which primarily uses T-Mobile), and T-Mobile everywhere else. Fi is an MVNO in the US, so no troubles there, but it sounds like the rollout with T-Mo in other markets didn't go smoothly. This sounds mostly fixed.

The latter kinda sounds like it may be an issue with the radio itself. Hopefully this can be fixed with an update.

I agree, can't be happening all over the planet. My T mobile phone works perfectly so why can't the car do as well, very frustrating.
It's really not as straight forward as "the car uses T-Mobile, so it should just work since T-Mobile works." Especially if Polestar/Google is trying to setup so they can directly handle subscriptions/provisioning of cars in the future when the free usage expires.

Your T-Mobile phone is a T-Mobile phone. It's first party, so it has all the capacity and priority on the network. The cars do not.

So there might be two different issues here.

First is the 4g with the X: This is fairly rare in the US, but widespread in Europe, especially the UK (which might just be because of the number of British members here).

Second is 4g with the hollow strength signal: This seems fairly rare across the board, but more common than it should be.

For the former, I'm all but certain this is a network capacity issue. I strongly suspect Polestar/Google is leveraging Fi in the US for service (which primarily uses T-Mobile), and T-Mobile everywhere else. Fi is an MVNO in the US, so no troubles there, but it sounds like the rollout with T-Mo in other markets didn't go smoothly. This sounds mostly fixed.

The latter kinda sounds like it may be an issue with the radio itself. Hopefully this can be fixed with an update.

It's really not as straight forward as "the car uses T-Mobile, so it should just work since T-Mobile works." Especially if Polestar/Google is trying to setup so they can directly handle subscriptions/provisioning of cars in the future when the free usage expires.

Your T-Mobile phone is a T-Mobile phone. It's first party, so it has all the capacity and priority on the network. The cars do not.
I am in the U.S.A. and when I go to the Privacy blah, blah blah. I am greeted in German by TMobile, thought I could try to sign in but no wilkommen. What on earth would cause that all of a sudden to switch languages,this was not the case when I got the car Wednesday afternoon, everything was in english on that page. There are some serious software bugs with the Polestar.

I am in the U.S.A. and when I go to the Privacy blah, blah blah. I am greeted in German by TMobile, thought I could try to sign in but no wilkommen. What on earth would cause that all of a sudden to switch languages,this was not the case when I got the car Wednesday afternoon, everything was in english on that page. There are some serious software bugs with the Polestar.
lol, yea, I saw that. The US isn't in that list, and it makes sense if Google is leveraging Fi for service. Considering how much missed ICE nonsense is in the Manual, I would be shocked if there wasn't missed stuff in the depths of the infotainment. Besides, T-Mobile is a German company.

I don't know if I'd agree with serious, but there are bugs, as evidenced by my most recent post. It'll get better. Android is fairly mature, but there will be kinks.

Reactions: ProfessorCook
lol, yea, I saw that. The US isn't in that list, and it makes sense if Google is leveraging Fi for service. Considering how much missed ICE nonsense is in the Manual, I would be shocked if there wasn't missed stuff in the depths of the infotainment. Besides, T-Mobile is a German company.

I don't know if I'd agree with serious, but there are bugs, as evidenced by my most recent post. It'll get better. Android is fairly mature, but there will be kinks.
I still can't get the manual in the car, just blank pages,lol.šŸ˜£

I still can't get the manual in the car, just blank pages,lol.šŸ˜£
Ugh, that's such a dumb, dumb bug. There's a work around (uninstall the webview update via the Play Store), but you have to turn off automatic updates for it to stick. I don't mind dealing with workarounds like that, but of all the goofy bugs, that's pretty inexcusable.

I have a tab open on all my devices pointed at the manual in the meantime. :)
Pure progressive performance | Polestar

Hi i am frustrated as well, sometimes i have 4G /3G and others a times it just drops out, i can spend 20 mins in the car on silence, as there is no connection and wont pair with my phone, then i get in and its there, šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø, really for a 49K car this is not good enough, Polestar have said they will book me in with a local Volvo dealer, but why should i take time off work to take the car to them, when ever i had a problem before with a car the dealers came and collected. I am one of the lucky ones who has continually works throughout the situation.

i am still in the 2 week period so not sure whether to say I reject the car, on ther grounds its not operating, and range not as shown on there calculator. Unless they give a extension and time frame to correct the systems.

Hard i know as i love the car, but really, not good enough, anyone who has taken delivery without the operating systems being correct should have the option of rejection if not sorted within a reasonable amount of time, or the extended warranty as have others been given, for the systems not being correct.

4G in Vancouver, Canada. Full signal strength, no interruptions so far (only got car for 2 days šŸ§). Manual also doesnā€™t work but Webview uninstall does the trick.

41 - 60 of 220 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.