Polestar Forum banner

141 - 160 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Booked mine in on Mon and collected it today. LTE appears no network dropping so far! Software is on 1 Dec now. Will see if OTA would work in late Feb.
You already have the version that will be rolled out OTA in late Feb, so you will not see any OTA until the next one after that, whenever that may be.

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
33 Posts
Granted I haven't driven a lot in the month I've had my car, but no issues with 4G until today. Hollow triangle for my whole 15 mile trip. Rebooted infotainment twice to no avail. Then I pull back into my garage and both 4G and wifi are working again. Driving for the first time at negative temperatures today, wonder if that's at all related. :unsure:
I only saw this now. Since I know you are also in Chicago it is probably worth adding that I, too, had 4G being non-functional for the entire (same?) morning. I eventually pushed the "connect" button (which worked!) and talked to CS. We went through the usual routine (yes WiFi and Bluetooth are working, yes I have rebooted the infotainment system, ...) until she eventually suggested to "lock the car for an hour and then check back". Indeed, after doing so my 4G was back (and has been ever since). I did not previously have problems with 4G.

So given the coincidence in time and location, maybe this was something related to an outage at the service provider (which I think is AT&T)?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh really? Looking forward to the next available update then. Thanks.

You already have the version that will be rolled out OTA in late Feb, so you will not see any OTA until the next one after that, whenever that may be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI wondered if anyone solved has any solution since ? I spoke to Customer services and they talked me through the reboot which I already knew how to do. No surprise that it didnt work. Now booked in to have the latest software update but not until March 12. Mine is currently on Android 9 from November update.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
449 Posts
HI wondered if anyone solved has any solution since ? I spoke to Customer services and they talked me through the reboot which I already knew how to do. No surprise that it didnt work. Now booked in to have the latest software update but not until March 12. Mine is currently on Android 9 from November update.
I’m afraid to say update is the only way! Mine has been rock solid since the latest release. Hope you do find a solution but the OTA should not be far away and you may get it before March.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the "hollow triangle"/4g network failure yesterday. Tried all reboots, none worked. But this one from Polestar did.

(FYI, this solution worked for me here in California - not sure about Europe)

1) Press Connect button on ceiling and call Polestar Connect (call must go through, not just ring)
2) Settings/Network and Internet/ turn Mobile Data and WiFi OFF
3) Turn mobile data and WiFi back on
4) Park/turn off car and wait 1 hour

Sure enough, this morning my mobile network was back

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,202 Posts
I’m afraid to say update is the only way! Mine has been rock solid since the latest release. Hope you do find a solution but the OTA should not be far away and you may get it before March.
I had the update on Wednesday. I was connected for 24 hours, but this morning I had my old friend X in the triangle returned. I'm hopeful it's a temporary issue, but just be warned, the update isn't a cure-all.

·
Registered
Snow/Charcoal non PP
32 Posts
I had the update on Wednesday. I was connected for 24 hours, but this morning I had my old friend X in the triangle returned. I'm hopeful it's a temporary issue, but just be warned, the update isn't a cure-all.
I agree. Since the update i've lost LTE and GPS 3 times now. Both returned after being left overnight but I had no issues at all before this update (was on original Sep software). The demister button fix didn't work either.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone else suddenly get the hollow triangle which cannot be rectified?
Been working for days and weeks and now this again. Updated PS support as asked...they are simply gathering stats to decide next steps...joyous news!
Yes. Mine, in the UK, has been working great since the Nov update was applied but two days ago it disconnected and won’t connect again. Wi-Fi connection is fine but as soon as I set off no 4g , hollow triangle. Got it booked in AGAIN on Friday for them to apply the latest software as it won’t download it without a 4g connection.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My triangle was hollow when I drove to work this morning - sigh

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the same issue since 3 days in a row now, after latest update few weeks ago.
suddenly no internet connection, no wifi and no gps fix.
very frustrating, my wife already says she wouldnt use this car anymore with these flaws.....

i think polestar seriously needs to solve this, a car without a map and navigation is pretty useless nowadays... not even speaking of the fact that this cars functionality depends on internet....

crap, tomorrow will call volvo again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had the December and version 10 update and since then all has been rosey, fingers crossed. I have not had a problem connecting 4g or Wi-fi barring a delayed connection, every now and then, more so if you stop and start within a few minutes. Something I did not notice before was the delayed gps connection, sometimes over 20min?

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,010 Posts
Feels like whatever extra bandwidth/user count they bought a month ago has now been used up, and we're back to where we were at about Christmas time - as more cars are sold and being used, so the number of "slots" on the network becomes insufficient and we're back at square one.

Polestar need to buy more cellular slots to match the number of cars on the road!

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'm still on the November update. Mine was reset on Jan 15th and had worked flawlessly until the beginning of last week where I've started getting the x at random times again. I concur that whatever 'big fix' they did mid Jan appears to have run out of steam again...

This is not rocket science is it!

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
342 Posts
I'm still on the November update. Mine was reset on Jan 15th and had worked flawlessly until the beginning of last week where I've started getting the x at random times again. I concur that whatever 'big fix' they did mid Jan appears to have run out of steam again...

This is not rocket science is it!
I’m sure it must be something silly.

I remember a long, long time ago when I was working for a university network operators center, we added WiFi in all their buildings, which were in separate ethernet segments/IP subnets. This didn’t take very long to cause problems, as the DHCP leases was set to 7 days, and now you had people’s phones moving from building to building and grabbing an IP on each for a week exhausting the address pools rapidly. In hindsight it was obvious, lease time reduced to an hour and problem solved.

I wonder what sort of monitoring they have, are the cars even reporting their connection difficulties upon connecting or are they blind to such issues and find out from customer complaints.

These are not things automaker’s traditionally had to worry about and it appears that all of them struggle with, but are solved problems in many other industries.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’m sure it must be something silly.

I remember a long, long time ago when I was working for a university network operators center, we added WiFi in all their buildings, which were in separate ethernet segments/IP subnets. This didn’t take very long to cause problems, as the DHCP leases was set to 7 days, and now you had people’s phones moving from building to building and grabbing an IP on each for a week exhausting the address pools rapidly. In hindsight it was obvious, lease time reduced to an hour and problem solved.

I wonder what sort of monitoring they have, are the cars even reporting their connection difficulties upon connecting or are they blind to such issues and find out from customer complaints.

These are not things automaker’s traditionally had to worry about and it appears that all of them struggle with, but are solved problems in many other industries.
Makes me wonder if when I let the car completely turn off (fully charged, left alone over night) it released it's 4G token/claim to the network and someone else snatched it up. :unsure:

Is there a CAT5 jack somewhere on this thing that I can hardwire it to the internet or log in via an IP address?

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
342 Posts
Makes me wonder if when I let the car completely turn off (fully charged, left alone over night) it released it's 4G token/claim to the network and someone else snatched it up. :unsure:

Is there a CAT5 jack somewhere on this thing that I can hardwire it to the internet or log in via an IP address?
I don’t know anything about how 4G networks work, but I would’t be surprised if it’s some resource capacity problem, whatever that is, interacting badly with the client and getting it in that stuck state. The forced restart with the demist button seems to help.

in any case, it’s not a good look that the issue resurfaced a month after it was fixed.

You can connect it to your WiFi if that works for you but I doubt there is an Ethernet interface or that one connected to any of the USBs would work.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My triangle was hollow when I drove to work this morning - sigh
November update. I had a hollow triangle yesterday and got it back by locking the car, moving the keys further away and coming back after a few hours. In between I had also connected to PS to report the issue and they suggested the "lock the car, try again in an hour". However, this didn't do anything the first time I came back and only worked after I moved the keys. Not sure if this was coincidence or related.

Separately: could the proximity of the keys have any bearing on the 12V drainage?

141 - 160 of 214 Posts