Polestar Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
107 Posts
When mine was delivered 4G/LTE was hollow triangle. Delivery guy said it has been working all the day before.
Next day it came back on my first use of the car. Parked at home, then about 3 hours later went out. At that point the 4G/LTE , Wi-Fi and GPS all failed, 5 minutesof driving later it all came back and no issues since.
Its like it did a full reset and sorted itself out.
delivery guy phoned today to check all was good which was nice.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, an update. I had a service appointment planned for today with Volvo.

Yesterday night I just tried to switch of all mobile data/wifi/location settings of the car on the infotainment screen menu and left the car with the doors shut for a night.
This morning when I was about to drive to Volvo I switched on the systems and to my surprise they all got back online, including my GPS fix.
So all is good again. 7 days offline and no GPS and suddenly all works again. Can't explain, but Im happy again it works.
Canceled the Volvo dealer appointment. good to go again. Thanks for your support here.

·
Registered
2021 2
1,734 Posts
Well, an update. I had a service appointment planned for today with Volvo.

Yesterday night I just tried to switch of all mobile data/wifi/location settings of the car on the infotainment screen menu and left the car with the doors shut for a night.
This morning when I was about to drive to Volvo I switched on the systems and to my surprise they all got back online, including my GPS fix.
So all is good again. 7 days offline and no GPS and suddenly all works again. Can't explain, but Im happy again it works.
Canceled the Volvo dealer appointment. good to go again. Thanks for your support here.
A while back I had a similar thing: 4G was out a few days. Only when I finally made an appt and was about to take it in did the 4G come back. It's black magic AFAIK.

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
25 Posts
A while back I had a similar thing: 4G was out a few days. Only when I finally made an appt and was about to take it in did the 4G come back. It's black magic AFAIK.
I had a mini-version of this happen to me yesterday:

I was driving a family member around the neighborhood for various errands. When I left the house I noticed that 4G hadn't come on (hollow triangle). Wifi had been working fine as long as I was in range of my home.

4G stayed off. At various points, while waiting for my passenger to deal with their errands, I futzed around with the system (reboot entertainment unit, turned 4G off and on, ... the things one does). No avail.

Then, maybe 20 minutes later, I noticed that the SOS button was flashing. Then 4G came on for a few seconds, then went off again for about half a minute. This repeated several times. Can't say for sure how often because I was driving at that time and had to keep an eye on the road.

Finally things settled down and 4G has been on again without further interruption.
It looked as if the system was struggling to turn it on and keep it on, but something was interfering for some time.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts