Polestar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone has had this error before? Its happened twice now and it essentially means I have no headlights or indicators at all.

The only way it seems to fix itself is if I leave the car for several hours. It happened yesterday and meant getting home was quite dangerous but I didn't really have another choice at the time...

I have rung up Polestar and the soonest they can book me in and source a hire car is 2 weeks! The issue has resolved itself for now but it may re-occur and I dont really feel comfortable using the car in the meantime just in case.

Does anyone have any ideas how to escalate this?

I also have an issue with the maps on the dashboard/screen suddenly going very bright for no reason.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have complained to Polestar as they have been useless in helping and told me to speak to the Volvo garage.

As it is its a company car so I have got my fleet team to deal with it now and source my a hire car until its fixed.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I would have thought these problems render the care illegal to drive in the UK. Therefore P should step up and provide the loan/hire care straight away. (IMO)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would have thought these problems render the care illegal to drive in the UK. Therefore P should step up and provide the loan/hire care straight away. (IMO)
As it was intermittent fault they didn't want to seem to provide one. The best they could do was 2 weeks which is less than ideal service in my view for what is a £50k car.

When the fault occurs it takes several hours to fix itself so if I am away from the house they just told me to ring up Polestar assist and they would tow the car...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I got the headlight one for the first time ever last night. Clicked ok, and it seemed to go away and car status said all ok. Very strange.

·
Registered
33 Posts
As it was intermittent fault they didn't want to seem to provide one. The best they could do was 2 weeks which is less than ideal service in my view for what is a £50k car.

When the fault occurs it takes several hours to fix itself so if I am away from the house they just told me to ring up Polestar assist and they would tow the car...
Rightly or wrongly I have really thrown my toys out of the pram with polestar when my car broke down in the past (had three issues and at first I was patient). the third issue I said I felt the car was unsafe to drive and it was not fit for purpose. I got them to refund Uber fares and had a hire car delivered later that day or possibly early the following day.

I would potentially highlight that the car could be unsafe to drive and that you do not feel comfortable using it etc. Highlight it's your only form of transport and it's needed for work and family etc.

Hopefully you get something sorted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was going to do that but work are sorting me a hire car as they agree its not safe to drive and will speak to Polestar/Volvo.

I have tweeted them this evening and will see if they get joy that way. My hire car is going to be a Ford Ranger I have just found out what isn't really ideal but nevermind.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Managed to get booked into Stoke Volvo who were far more helpful and got me in quickly.

Hire car is the electric twin of mine in the same colour!

·
Registered
2021 2
2,602 Posts
Managed to get booked into Stoke Volvo who were far more helpful and got me in quickly.

Hire car is the electric twin of mine in the same colour!

View attachment 6780 View attachment 6781 View attachment 6782
would be interested in how you compare the two.
we just did an XC40 test drive and while there was lots to like, we both much preferred the Polestar driving characteristics. Also had to get used to the screen which in addition to being smaller seemed to maybe be lower res? Not a big deal but enough to make us miss the Polestar!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
would be interested in how you compare the two.
we just did an XC40 test drive and while there was lots to like, we both much preferred the Polestar driving characteristics. Also had to get used to the screen which in addition to being smaller seemed to maybe be lower res? Not a big deal but enough to make us miss the Polestar!
The Polestar is more fun to drive handling wise but the XC40 does ride better. Neither are sports cars to be honest though given the weight.

Acceleration wise it feels just as fast if not faster given the fact its taller so its more commical when you floor it.

The plus points for me are that it has nicer materials as I like having the leather seats and steering wheel which feels really high quality and also a pano roof that actually opens and 2 proper cup holders! Furthermore, the footwell for the driver is not as intrusive as it is on the P2 which is my only real annoyance with the car.

I think the Polestar has the edge when it comes to styling and as suggested the main screen itself is a lot bigger and nicer to use. The A/C controls etc on the XC40 ones are just far too small to try and press or use once you are on the move and it doesn't seem well designed in that respect. Also it doesn't appear as efficient from what I can gather..

For me, I would take the Polestar but with a leather interior.

Reactions: polerad
1 - 14 of 14 Posts