Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my car yesterday. It won't go online nor will it detect any Wi-Fi network. Relevant settings are enabled and I've tried toggling on and off, resetting completely etc. Support t3pl me I have to accept internet usage terms and conditions to use mobile data, but because it won't even detect Wi-Fi, this is impossible. Now they say I will have to take it to an approved retailer. Has anyone else experienced this? Gutted because aside from this the car is wonderful
Thanks

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Silly question but are just sitting I the car trying to get it to work, or have you driven it about?

If mine is not present then a quick drive fixes it.

As for WiFi. You can disconnect the 12v battery if you are brave. Search for WiFi and you should find the mega thread on the subject.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had the same problem. I was able to use my phone as a hotspot. Then able to get to the T mobile page. I eventually had to open an account so I could accept the terms and conditions. Although some folk were able to click this without doing so. Working ok for me since.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,196 Posts
Received my car yesterday. It won't go online nor will it detect any Wi-Fi network. Relevant settings are enabled and I've tried toggling on and off, resetting completely etc. Support t3pl me I have to accept internet usage terms and conditions to use mobile data, but because it won't even detect Wi-Fi, this is impossible. Now they say I will have to take it to an approved retailer. Has anyone else experienced this? Gutted because aside from this the car is wonderful
Thanks
Didn't your delivery person set it up for you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same problem. I was able to use my phone as a hotspot. Then able to get to the T mobile page. I eventually had to open an account so I could accept the terms and conditions. Although some folk were able to click this without doing so. Working ok for me since.
Sadly it's not detecting my hotspot or home Wi-Fi or any of the neighbours ones which other devices all detect

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Silly question but are just sitting I the car trying to get it to work, or have you driven it about?

If mine is not present then a quick drive fixes it.

As for WiFi. You can disconnect the 12v battery if you are brave. Search for WiFi and you should find the mega thread on the subject.
I've driven it round quite a bit. Not brave enough to disconnect the battery

·
Registered
P2 - Magnesium - Charcoal - PP - tow hook
176 Posts
Congrats! The user's manual indicates that the car cannot connect to any wifi access point but the dealer's workshop. I had managed to connect on my wifi, no more after the update. See here

Data transfer between car and workshop via Wi-Fi

Some workshops have a specific Wi-Fi network for data transfer between your car and the workshop. Your workshop visit will be simpler and more efficient when the transfer of diagnostic information and software can take place via the workshop's network.
During a workshop visit, your service technician may want to connect your car to the workshop's network via Wi-Fi to perform fault-tracing and software download. For this type of communication, the car only connects to a workshop's network.
It is not possible to connect the car to another Wi-Fi network, such as at home, in the same way as to a workshop's network.

To be checked as the manual is not always very accurate ;-)

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar.
179 Posts
Congrats! The user's manual indicates that the car cannot connect to any wifi access point but the dealer's workshop. I had managed to connect on my wifi, no more after the update. See here

Data transfer between car and workshop via Wi-Fi

Some workshops have a specific Wi-Fi network for data transfer between your car and the workshop. Your workshop visit will be simpler and more efficient when the transfer of diagnostic information and software can take place via the workshop's network.
During a workshop visit, your service technician may want to connect your car to the workshop's network via Wi-Fi to perform fault-tracing and software download. For this type of communication, the car only connects to a workshop's network.
It is not possible to connect the car to another Wi-Fi network, such as at home, in the same way as to a workshop's network.

To be checked as the manual is not always very accurate ;-)
When I got my P*2 a month ago it was on Oct software release and it wouldn't recognise any WiFi network. After a dealership visit they upgraded me to Nov software and now I can see all the wifi networks from my driveway. I'm regularly connected to my home wifi without any issues. Everytime I turn the car on it just automatically connects and I see the wifi connection symbol on the centre screen. I believe the ability to create a wifi hotspot for passengers to connect to is coming later in 2021 via an OTA, judging from what I've read from others in a few others threads on this forum.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Good to know. Is your version the one with climate preconditioning?

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar.
179 Posts
Good to know. Is your version the one with climate preconditioning?
Yes it is. Nov 1st release date. I've not used the scheduling yet. I guess if I do, ideally I should leave the car plugging in overnight so that when the preconditioning kicks in my battery doesn't drain before I set off?
K

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
489 Posts
My 4G connection in the car stopped working today (it's been fine since I got it in late Oct, up to now).

It showed the 4G symbol and the little signal triangle, but there was an 'x' in the corner. Spotify and non-downloaded maps didn't work.

I tried restarting the infotainment (holding down the line for 30 seconds), and also turning mobile data on and off. Neither worked. What eventually worked for me was going into one of the menus and choosing to "reset all network settings". I had to re-pair my phone after this, but it did the trick! I’ve reported it to Polestar.

Aside: I've never tried connecting to wifi as haven't needed to: I have a very strong 4G connection on my drive!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes it is. Nov 1st release date. I've not used the scheduling yet. I guess if I do, ideally I should leave the car plugging in overnight so that when the preconditioning kicks in my battery doesn't drain before I set off?
K
Thanks. Mine is one step behind which could explain it

·
Registered
2021 2
1,731 Posts
My connectivity comes back after the car sits off a charger for a few hours to go to sleep and then restart. When you park it are you usually on a charger or no?

·
Registered
Polestar 2, VIN 088xx, 4 november 2020
23 Posts
I had troubles with 4G several times. My fall-back solution is using the hotspot from my Android phone. I use the Tasker app to detect the Bluetooth connection with my Polestar to turn Wifi Tether on. When the Bluetooth connection isn’t detected anymore Tasker will turn Wifi Tethering off and Wifi back on. It works excellent!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 4G connection in the car stopped working today (it's been fine since I got it in late Oct, up to now).

It showed the 4G symbol and the little signal triangle, but there was an 'x' in the corner. Spotify and non-downloaded maps didn't work.

I tried restarting the infotainment (holding down the line for 30 seconds), and also turning mobile data on and off. Neither worked. What eventually worked for me was going into one of the menus and choosing to "reset all network settings". I had to re-pair my phone after this, but it did the trick! I’ve reported it to Polestar.

Aside: I've never tried connecting to wifi as haven't needed to: I have a very strong 4G connection on my drive!
I find the internet is getting less and less stable. I don't know if I have the latest over the air version on my car already. Looking at the fact it should be better in connectivity, I am desperately waiting for the update. The Polestar is really depending on it as also the Google assistant is not working when the internet is not connected.

·
Registered
767 Posts
The Polestar is really depending on it as also the Google assistant is not working when the internet is not connected.
GA is actually partially working while offline. I saw a red bar on top of the omnibox while being offline, but simple commands like turning things like heaters on or off/up or down and even navigating to a target in my area (I assume due to cached maps) works while offline.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts