Polestar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - new to forum and due to get delivery in just over a week from now.

does anyone know if all the recalls are already implemented for all new deliveries?

I only just got my delivery date ... so I would hope so. Does anyone know what to look for for new arrivals; what would be a “good” software version?

thanks 🙏 in advance.

·
Registered
86 Posts

does anyone know if all the recalls are already implemented for all new deliveries?

I only just got my delivery date ... so I would hope so. Does anyone know what to look for for new arrivals; what would be a “good” software version?

thanks 🙏 in advance.
Hi welcome. I asked Polestar CS this question as my car is due this week. I was assured that all new deliveries would have ALL currently needed updates completed. I will find out soon!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does anyone know what to look for for new arrivals; what would be a “good” software version?

thanks 🙏 in advance.
There‘s no way for us owners to see the software version that the ECUs are using. All you can see is the infotainment version, currently kernel version Aug 24th. Build number PAG1.200706.001.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hmm depends. From what I can tell once they leave the Prep Centre in Belgium they only go to a distribution centre in the UK, and they don't do anything to the cars except maybe a wash before being put in the final transport to your house.

So there was some after the new update was available that were delivered without it.

So all depends how long ago your car left Belgium. It takes about 2 weeks from Belgium to Delivery date

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine was due for delivery this week, it has been delayed due to issues in Belgium, when I asked what issues the guy got vague. I did ask will it have the recent safety recalls all applied first, he said yes and latest software updates.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hmm depends. From what I can tell once they leave the Prep Centre in Belgium they only go to a distribution centre in the UK, and they don't do anything to the cars except maybe a wash before being put in the final transport to your house.
There is no possible way that is true. Mine is a fairly early car (VIN 30xx) and when I received it last week, it had the latest version of the infotainment software, the headlights were correctly aligned, and the matrix functionality was enabled.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Same here, think mine was one of first to get updated in Oxford depot before I took delivery last day of September... the chap brought straight from there and apparently my car isn’t marked for recall, but had been in the country for a couple of weeks already.

·
Registered
37 Posts
On the ECU software version, does the car have an ODB-II plug ? All modern car have it but not sure about EVs and since I still waiting for the delivery of my P2 I cannot check.
With an ODB-II reader we could maybe check the ECU version...just trying to think out of the box here :)

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
I wonder if anything would show up on an OBD scanner that would give us more information on updates.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Something is going on, because there are definitely people getting cars (post recall) that need a recall.

There must be more than one main distribution centre in the UK then, some applying the updates and some just shipping out.

Hopefully no one from now will get a car that needs a recall.

·
Registered
81 Posts

thanks 🙏 in advance.
Received my car last Monday, so far I've not had any contact from Polestar about a recall on mine

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
75 Posts
I have also been told the same re fixes being applied before delivery. I was very specific about the software and headlights, both of these were confirmed as the fixes that would be resolved prior to. Perhaps a game of Russian roulette!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine was delivered 3 days ago and did not have any of the latest updates so has got to go into a Volvo dealership to have them done. I’ve also now lost connection so not sure if this will be fixed at the same time?

It will be luck of the draw if new deliveries have been updated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi welcome. I asked Polestar CS this question as my car is due this week. I was assured that all new deliveries would have ALL currently needed updates completed. I will find out soon!
Good luck. Customer support are telling me the software update will be sorted, and headlights checked.
Apparently the headlights check is to see if a manual alignment is needed; some were not too UK spec.... either too high or perhaps some got headlights set for right hand drive??

·
Registered
199 Posts
Good luck. Customer support are telling me the software update will be sorted, and headlights checked.
Apparently the headlights check is to see if a manual alignment is needed; some were not too UK spec.... either too high or perhaps some got headlights set for right hand drive??
All of the early ones were delivered with the headlights at the top setting, i.e. not aligned vertically, and everyone was getting flashed. All cars delivered since about mid-September should be correct, however.

Reactions: skwark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got my revised delivery date (22/10/2020), true to word one week after the original delivery date.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts