Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting in the car right now. Clock hasn't gone forward by an hour yet. Oh yes, I know why! No LTE and no WiFi. We'll, to be precise I have LTE via my phone hot-spot, but no data over it. Can't navigate. Nothing. Rebooted three times. Nothing. Latest OTA. What crap.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sitting in the car right now. Clock hasn't gone forward by an hour yet. Oh yes, I know why! No LTE and no WiFi. We'll, to be precise I have LTE via my phone hot-spot, but no data over it. Can't navigate. Nothing. Rebooted three times. Nothing. Latest OTA. What crap.
Have you rebooted using the screen demister button as opposed to the home button on the display screen?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you rebooted using the screen demister button as opposed to the home button on the display screen?
No, I keep forgetting that one! I'm now sitting at GridServe getting some 350KWh juice. I'll try the other reboot right after I've disconnected. Good reminder. Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hold the front screen demist button until the SOS button above you starts flashing
And if that doesn’t do anything ??? Nor does the play/pause button do anything pressing it down for a long time

·
Registered
301 Posts
And if that doesn’t do anything ??? Nor does the play/pause button do anything pressing it down for a long time
Are you on an update giving you LTE indicator rather than 4g? If not, the demister reboot fix won’t apply. The only options then that sometimes work are rebooting Android Automotive by pressing the home button at the bottom of the screen (not the play/pause button) for about ten seconds or toggling data on/off in settings. The demister trick reboots the GPS/comms module specifically.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Are you on an update giving you LTE indicator rather than 4g? If not, the demister reboot fix won’t apply. The only options then that sometimes work are rebooting Android Automotive by pressing the home button at the bottom of the screen (not the play/pause button) for about ten seconds or toggling data on/off in settings. The demister trick reboots the GPS/comms module specifically.
I had LTE (not 4G) icon so recent update. Demist button doesn’t do anything if you keep pressing it (except turn on the fan if you press shortly)

Reactions: Macbrief

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,293 Posts
Yep, needs to be the front demist button - the second from the left in the row of buttons around the Play/Pause/Volume button. You need to press It (enough for it to feel like it's clicked/buzzed) and continue to firmly hold it for about 20 seconds until the SOS in the overhead console starts flashing red, when you can release it. Took me a couple of goes today, as my GPS disappeared (LTE was fine); a reset sorted it out perfectly.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had the same no 4G, no LTE again this morning but the TCAM reset worked perfectly. Seems like a reliable reset.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I had no 4G/LTE on Saturday and nothing worked to reset it - I tried multiple times and decided to give and let the car win. I also don't think the heater was blowing hot air, but this is to be proven (as my wife challenged maybe that the cabin was the correct temperature). It has been parked for a few days and will probably stay there until Friday (and let it learn its lesson). If I am still convinced there is an issue on Friday I will log it with P* CS.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Well my LTE came back momentarily this morning (enough time to download the P2 video app) and then was gone again - it is being like a petulant child if you ask me. So no chance to try to download ABRP. More fiddling required, but not enough hours in the day.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's really interesting. Last entire week my LTE never comes on when I sit in the drivers seat (not driving). TCAM reset every time and it comes back. It's annoying but at least the reset is reliable.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts