Polestar Forum banner

Did you get your car yet? Where from?

• Yes! From Los Angeles/Santa Monica, CA, USA.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! From Denver, CO.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
I did not have the front plate attached (also in CA), but the retailer indicated that they’d have to drill into the front bumper to attach.

·
Premium Member
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not going to hit the like button for that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Chatted with Mike on Monday, he said they were releasing cars from port, but there was nothing I could do until the website moved from “Confirmed” to “Planning Delivery.” Lo and behold, my status changed later that day.

I finally was able to see the “steps” everyone has been going on about, but was unable to move beyond step 1. Last two days, I couldn’t even access the steps...would just get the spinny thing without anything ever loading when I hit the Order Details button.

This morning, the website shows some new info for me - retailer, payment method, and the “shop” link above:

And it now says “Planned” for status. But the “shop” link 404s, and the Continue button takes me into spinny loading land, so...🤷‍♂️

Happy Thanksgiving to my US compatriots!

·
Premium Member
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been able to get through Step 3 and am waiting for Step 4 to be not grayed out.

This is only through the website when viewed on a PC. On my phone, I see no steps.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Chatted with Mike on Monday, he said they were releasing cars from port, but there was nothing I could do until the website moved from “Confirmed” to “Planning Delivery.” Lo and behold, my status changed later that day.

I finally was able to see the “steps” everyone has been going on about, but was unable to move beyond step 1. Last two days, I couldn’t even access the steps...would just get the spinny thing without anything ever loading when I hit the Order Details button.

This morning, the website shows some new info for me - retailer, payment method, and the “shop” link above:

View attachment 1999
And it now says “Planned” for status. But the “shop” link 404s, and the Continue button takes me into spinny loading land, so...🤷‍♂️

Happy Thanksgiving to my US compatriots!
Same here. Spinning wheel and 404 on the "shop" link. I sure hope whoever designed their website is not in charge of the car software.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I sure hope whoever designed their website is not in charge of the car software.
I can confirm that's not the case. They use some third party companies for the website and website-based support.
Also, the horror stories I read about the website, delivery, communication etc. in North America have been very rare, if not absent, here in Norway. The best explanation I have for it is that they're very understaffed in North America, and probably underestimated the work needed pre-rollout.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,560 Posts
I can confirm that's not the case. They use some third party companies for the website and website-based support.
Also, the horror stories I read about the website, delivery, communication etc. in North America have been very rare, if not absent, here in Norway. The best explanation I have for it is that they're very understaffed in North America, and probably underestimated the work needed pre-rollout.
the explanation I heard is that it’s the same folks in Europe managing the US site. So all details about taxes, incentives, and deliveries are messed up given our different tax structures and dealer franchise laws. And that percolates into messing up pretty much everything downstream of getting the order placed.

good news though: my car is in the planning delivery stage and should be here soon! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
The website was never on track for me, even when i went to pick up my car. The lease terms were wrong and it said planning delivery for December. I haven’t checked it since I picked up the car, I would assume it stayed the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The website was never on track for me, even when i went to pick up my car. The lease terms were wrong and it said planning delivery for December. I haven’t checked it since I picked up the car, I would assume it stayed the same.
Update, it still shows coming in December. Haha, it is sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Update, it still shows coming in December. Haha, it is sitting in my garage.
Give it a few days. Picked mine up on Saturday, and this morning my (very detailed) vehicle information was available on the app and website. Which is great, because I imagine the back end connecting the vehicle to our Polestar account as an owner is going to be an important part of making the app work eventually.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,560 Posts
Give it a few days. Picked mine up on Saturday, and this morning my (very detailed) vehicle information was available on the app and website. Which is great, because I imagine the back end connecting the vehicle to our Polestar account as an owner is going to be an important part of making the app work eventually.
Will be interesting to see what happens in a couple weeks when my first payment is due.... and I have no method to pay them!

1 - 20 of 215 Posts