Polestar Forum banner

Did you get your car yet? Where from?

• Yes! From Austin, TX, USA.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! From Los Angeles/Santa Monica, CA, USA.

• Yes! From Boston, Ma

• Yes! From Denver, CO.

181 - 200 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
That seems weird to me as well. Is your order a unique color by chance? I think they shipped over some Moon cars but it hasn't had as many orders. Honestly, it's a really cool color but you can't see it anywhere or I might have gone that route.

Which space are you working with and can they confirm the mileage is under 50?
This is Void/Charcoal/PP.

I’m local to the Manhattan space and working with Shari. The other thing that makes me a little leery is how quickly it’s gone compared to what I’ve been reading - I placed the order/deposit at the space on 3/6 and am picking up in 3/19. VIN was assigned 3/8! I’ll def send an inquiry about the history.

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nexbase Dashcam, One Pedal Maniac!
242 Posts
Looks sweet - did you buy 2 or is your neighbor a total copy cat?
A little play date for two white PP. Marc drove point for the delivery truck. Never seen a transporter like it. Covered flatbed and retracted Wayback off the truck. Very shallow angle for offloading, apparently it works well for Lambos.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2, PP, Thunder/Slate, Vin: 06XXX
11 Posts
Are US VINs on a different count? I’m taking delivery this week and was assigned a VIN in the 005XXX range just two weeks ago: LPSED3Kxxxx005xxx. A little concerned hearing all these reports of <008xxx cars being recalled, not to mention other reports here have indicated 5xxx should have been delivered several months ago (although all in UK it seems).
My VIN is also low having just picked it up. 6XXX range, Thunder/Slate/PP, which doesn’t seem to atypical a combination. I know the did all the updates, so I’m not too worried.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My VIN is also low having just picked it up. 6XXX range, Thunder/Slate/PP, which doesn’t seem to atypical a combination. I know the did all the updates, so I’m not too worried.
Good to know, thanks! I wonder if they’ve restarted the count from different factories? I found a VIN translation document for US cars and it didn’t have the factory code for my VIN even listed as option - suggesting it’s possibly a new factory.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 - Snow, Charcoal, non-PP - VIN: 006XXX
12 Posts
Shout out to David from Polestar Marin. Excellent customer service with every step of the process. Ordered the Car on Feb 9 and got the car on Feb 25. Ordered out of state (one state over) and got overnight delivery. Was there issues yes but David handled them with ease and always came through in the end. If you are going to order a Polestar from the Marin space ask for David.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Shout out to David from Polestar Marin. Excellent customer service with every step of the process. Ordered the Car on Feb 9 and got the car on Feb 25. Ordered out of state (one state over) and got overnight delivery. Was there issues yes but David handled them with ease and always came through in the end. If you are going to order a Polestar from the Marin space ask for David.
David is the manager for the space, and yes true to his word as they all have been (y)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Good to know, thanks! I wonder if they’ve restarted the count from different factories? I found a VIN translation document for US cars and it didn’t have the factory code for my VIN even listed as option - suggesting it’s possibly a new factory.
I think they may only do PP in batches rather than do just-in-time inventory for the different parts on the floor. I mean, think of the chaos if a gold air valve dust cover made it's way on a non-PP! 🤣 ...so perhaps that's why the lower number VIN for many of us with PP.

There is only one factory in China where these are made that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can I ask which state? I'm in Oregon and just placed my order through Marin, wondering how complicated/annoying the out-of-state purchase & registration ends up being.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think they may only do PP in batches rather than do just-in-time inventory for the different parts on the floor. I mean, think of the chaos if a gold air valve dust cover made it's way on a non-PP! 🤣 ...so perhaps that's why the lower number VIN for many of us with PP.

There is only one factory in China where these are made that I'm aware of.
Yeah that would make sense. I got a pretty satisfactory answer from Shari, so I’m not too concerned. I think it may be a combination of what you mention with PP + the color combination being a possible spec version that is made in batches. Now just can’t wait for Friday!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Got mine today. I was told it's the 16th delivered in the province of Québec.
You have waited a long time. You have good weather to enjoy it. 👍 Congrats! Send some photos when you can.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Send some photos when you can.
Every winter, the water pipes bust open under my street. Municipality comes and fix the leak and fill the hole with gravel and dirt, since they can't put asphalt back, during winter.
And they wait, they wait, they wait... until school is over. To avoid school buses driving on the new asphalt patch.

So, within an hour, my car was full of dust.
I did not have the time to take a clean picture.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Every winter, the water pipes bust open under my street. Municipality comes and fix the leak and fill the hole with gravel and dirt, since they can't put asphalt back, during winter.
And they wait, they wait, they wait... until school is over. To avoid school buses driving on the new asphalt patch.

So, within an hour, my car was full of dust.
I did not have the time to take a clean picture.
There is a "show me your dirty pictures" thread on the forum. 😊

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
I'd love to say something celebratory in French, but I'd be faking it.

But I am happy for you and hope yours treats you as well as mine has me

181 - 200 of 208 Posts