Polestar Forum banner

Did you get your car yet? Where from?

• Yes! From Austin, TX, USA.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! From Los Angeles/Santa Monica, CA, USA.

• Yes! From Boston, Ma

• Yes! From Denver, CO.

161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
thanks! I just wish it wasn't such as slow rollout process
Some [software] companies have "move fast, break things" mentality, which I don't condone for anything which can be on critical path for a consumer's work or personal life. Continuous delivery and fast-paced software rollout cadence is okay for things like Facebook, Tinder etc., but I wouldn't want my car to have the same cadence or granularity of updates. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nexbase Dashcam, One Pedal Maniac!
242 Posts
Picked mine up today in NYC at Manhattan Motorcars. Delivery was smooth and efficient with Jeff having all the paper work ready to sign and Shari providing a wonderful introduction to the car. Having read all of your advice these past months helped greatly. Happy to see the jack and no scratches on the piano black. Everything seems to work and I had a wonderful drive home to Connecticut. A few initial impressions: it drives like a sports sedan without any sense of the true weight of the car. Everyone writes about the instant torque of electric cars but one has to experience it to appreciate it. Acceleration is available at any speed and there is no need to shift down to find torque. Moving at slow speeds is other-worldly: no sound, just movement. Also, it is very well put together - solid, no rattles, beautiful paint. I am so happy I have mine because this will sell like crazy. A big thanks to all of you who have made my wait pleasurable and educational.
View attachment 3492 View attachment 3493 View attachment 3494
Finally some snow photos. I mean the car. 😁. I believe I have about two weeks to wait for mine. How is the summer rubber in the cold temperatures?

·
Registered
2021 2
2,202 Posts
Delivered from the port to Volvo LA this evening and I’m picking up on Monday. Thunder/Slate/PP. I’m stoked. View attachment 4190
Nice ride!

Looks like there's some packing foam or similar in the wheel around the discs - is that right or just a trick of the lens? I guess I never thought about it but makes sense that there's all sorts of stuff to fill the varied nooks/crannies

·
Registered
691 Posts
Nice ride!

Looks like there's some packing foam or similar in the wheel around the discs - is that right or just a trick of the lens? I guess I never thought about it but makes sense that there's all sorts of stuff to fill the varied nooks/crannies
Probably covers for the rotors so they don't rust completely away during shipping. 😉

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Well tell them to join this forum and give them the link!

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nexbase Dashcam, One Pedal Maniac!
242 Posts
It's here!! Arrived at 13:00 as promised. I'm still buzzed and had some nervous gitters. Marc helped me relax and ran me through everything I still didn't know about the car which is a lot! Charging now, tire pressure check tonight and will likely take it to work this week. It's been 11 months of waiting and I'm glad it's here. Weather will be above 10 degrees Celsius for the next few days.
High powered charger, jack, manual, and other items all seem to be there. Phone and Google account sycronized, garage door opener programmed. Pretty good start for the first half day.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
I got mine in midnight, but, damn!, yours looks great!

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
566 Posts
It's here!! Arrived at 13:00 as promised. I'm still buzzed and had some nervous gitters. Marc helped me relax and ran me through everything I still didn't know about the car which is a lot! Charging now, tire pressure check tonight and will likely take it to work this week. It's been 11 months of waiting and I'm glad it's here. Weather will be above 10 degrees Celsius for the next few days.
High powered charger, jack, manual, and other items all seem to be there. Phone and Google account sycronized, garage door opener programmed. Pretty good start for the first half day. View attachment 4456
Looks sweet - did you buy 2 or is your neighbor a total copy cat?

·
Registered
428 Posts
High powered charger, jack, manual, and other items all seem to be there. Phone and Google account sycronized, garage door opener programmed. Pretty good start for the first half day. View attachment 4455 View attachment 4456
Congrats ! Finally ! Looking good. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are US VINs on a different count? I’m taking delivery this week and was assigned a VIN in the 005XXX range just two weeks ago: LPSED3Kxxxx005xxx. A little concerned hearing all these reports of <008xxx cars being recalled, not to mention other reports here have indicated 5xxx should have been delivered several months ago (although all in UK it seems).

·
Registered
566 Posts
Are US VINs on a different count? I’m taking delivery this week and was assigned a VIN in the 005XXX range just two weeks ago: LPSED3Kxxxx005xxx. A little concerned hearing all these reports of <008xxx cars being recalled, not to mention other reports here have indicated 5xxx should have been delivered several months ago (although all in UK it seems).
That seems weird to me as well. Is your order a unique color by chance? I think they shipped over some Moon cars but it hasn't had as many orders. Honestly, it's a really cool color but you can't see it anywhere or I might have gone that route.

Which space are you working with and can they confirm the mileage is under 50?

·
Registered
2021 2
2,202 Posts
They should have done the recalls already for all affected cars. I would definitely ask about its history as @Jeff_in_SF indicated. I don't necessarily expect shenanigans but some sort of explanation should be given.

161 - 180 of 208 Posts