Polestar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any Norwegian orders received any automated or manual follow-ups that has not been result of a direct query?
So far I have not gotten much out of Polestar than the VIN via the website order tracking.

There was no notification from them when the car was put into production and none when it completed.
They must be spending a lot of their time responding to needless requests due to not providing this information automatically?

It looks like the sales in Norway are going well too, making a lot of cars scheduled for delivery. This probably puts a strain on the personell in Norway which I can understand.
From what I gather orders from Germany and Netherlands seem to be fulfilled almost a month faster than in Norway and I wonder if this is just shipping or if something else is causing this.

Would be interesting to try and get a feel for what kind of order timelines we see in different countrys. If ppl would post partial VIN, country and order/delivery dates we could have an interesting table.
I'm pondering a way to create this with a poll, but so far I don't see how to separate both countrys and delivery times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has any Norwegian orders received any automated or manual follow-ups that has not been result of a direct query?
So far I have not gotten much out of Polestar than the VIN via the website order tracking.

There was no notification from them when the car was put into production and none when it completed.
They must be spending a lot of their time responding to needless requests due to not providing this information automatically?

It looks like the sales in Norway are going well too, making a lot of cars scheduled for delivery. This probably puts a strain on the personell in Norway which I can understand.
From what I gather orders from Germany and Netherlands seem to be fulfilled almost a month faster than in Norway and I wonder if this is just shipping or if something else is causing this.

Would be interesting to try and get a feel for what kind of order timelines we see in different countrys. If ppl would post partial VIN, country and order/delivery dates we could have an interesting table.
I'm pondering a way to create this with a poll, but so far I don't see how to separate both countrys and delivery times.
i'm from Belgium and ordered P2 Thunder on 3 December.
My scheduled delivery date is 25th of January (according to leasing Company)
On the website it just says 'February' Vin is 19xxx

·
Registered
magnesium/slate/19"/tow/18xxx
138 Posts
I'm from Belgium, East-Flanders, ordered a P2 Magnesium non-PP with tow hook on 4th November
VIN mid-18xxx.
Account page says delivery December 2020, jumping into the order says February 2021.
At the start of December, Customer Support Belgium rang me up once for fixing some numbers on my order page, and looked up the status of my car. They said in Ghent on 7 January, "and to avoid dissappointment assume" delivery by end of January ;)
CS BE also said that shipments of COVID vaccines and Brexit could probably mess up sea port schedules, but not more than a week.

Fingers crossed!

P.S. In my case, the car will not be delivered at home, but has to be picked up at the Volvo/Maserati dealer in Ghent, called ACG. Lucky for me, I can cover the distance by bus and on foot in 30 minutes, then drive home in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My order was confirmed by Polestar on Oct 6th. Production complete on 12th Nov. Vin 184xx. It is unloaded tomorrow in Zeebrugge and will arrive at HQ Polestar in Beesd the Netherlands on 12 Jan.
Handing over to me is scheduled for 20 Jan at 16.00.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Hi
Same thing here. Order placed 09.09. My VIN is High 16xxx estimated delivery in January. Other than that i have not heard Diddly Squat from anyone

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi
Same thing here. Order placed 09.09. My VIN is High 16xxx estimated delivery in January. Other than that i have not heard Diddly Squat from anyone
So my order was 3 days after you and I got a VIN in the mid 17xxx! Seems like a massive influx of orders.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had the same Issue,, or lets call it frustration as you guys. No info at all except the auto Vin and estimated delivery date. No further info from the support crew as according to them there are not many in norway that have the option to track the cars. and asking for the names names of those few are a nono to ask for. I even got another unexpected surprise when i first tried to trace my car at support.. ( my account suddenly went into limbo for a week. ( story is on this forum somehere :) )
I am not sure what your estimated delivery date is. But I ended up so frustrated that I phoned my handover volvo dealer to ask for more info.. And I went from very frustrated to drewling in anticipation in 2 mins. My car was received on site and was ready to be delivered.
Thereare some "latency" in terms of update on the polestar site in norway.
My advice is to call your handover place and ask.. ( I was into my month of estimated when i first did the call but when i did things happened very fast!)

It is a Superb car guys.. sp Believe us that has it that it is indeed worth the wait! :):)

·
Registered
416 Posts
I ordered ca. end of August, with estimated delivery January'21. However, around end of November, the expected delivery changed to December'20 with status "planned". Against conventional wisdom, I got my hopes up and was keeping my phone close for the call. The call didn't come, so recently I decided to ask Polestar customer support how do they plan to deliver my car in December when there are so few days left in the month, and I haven't received any communication, not even to wire the money. I got a response saying that they have capacity issues in Norway this month and my delivery will take place in January. Oh, and the car is already in the country for a few weeks now; I know this from the road administration's website. But I haven't gotten anything from Polestar since placing the order other than the false alarm of December delivery.

So, back to waiting. 😊 I'm not complaining in any way, but more transparency from them would have been appreciated. Maybe I'll follow @Winter's suggestion of calling my handover center.

P.S: I believe them when they say they have capacity issues in Norway currently. Lots of people have time off, they're delivering a lot of cars this month (both PS2 and XC40P8), there are COVID restrictions and logistics services across the country seem to be under stress.

Edit: VIN is 0159xx

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Magnesium, Slate WeaveTech, 19", no PP, Tow bar. Pickup end of December.
32 Posts
My original order was placed in August but the leasing company made a mistake by switching front and last name so the order stayed pending for months, despite all documents signed . Once we realised something was wrong, which took some time (first they said database system is always behind), a new order was placed and confirmed on November 19th. From that point on communication was perfect from Polestar. Not so much from the leasing company contact because he claims no mistake was made and made little effort. Delivery is today and VIN number is near 0177xx.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Taking into account a boat trip of minimum 35 days from China means that the car can not have been produced after your order of 19th Nov.
In addition my car was production ready on 12th Nov and has vin 184xx.
I guess your car was still based on you first order and they only corrected the name?

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Magnesium, Slate WeaveTech, 19", no PP, Tow bar. Pickup end of December.
32 Posts
Taking into account a boat trip of minimum 35 days from China means that the car can not have been produced after your order of 19th Nov.
In addition my car was production ready on 12th Nov and has vin 184xx.
I guess your car was still based on you first order and they only corrected the name?
The original August order had a different order number and I couldn't see the new one on the website, but support could. At first support only give me the new order number. The customer experience expert couldn't get the order showing up on the site after several tries, so I had to try again with someone else. This person fixed it quickly and I could see the VIN. So can't confirm but sounds likely. I also never got production notification etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It should be good if Polestar is more transparant in giving insights in the logistic process by track a trace application.
In the conventional way, it was al done by dealers and also not always transparent but Polestar want everything being done on line by customers themselves and the counterside is also on line information on the production and delivery process to customers directly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well I got an update 1 week ago.
Thursday 7'th January I finally got a delivery date of 22'nd January.
This means at least they hit their target of delivery in January which I would have beaten if I had gotten to testdrive sooner. Those 2-3 weeks of waiting lead to a 2 month longer delivery.
Order: 12.09.2020
First information on delivery: 07.01.2021 (Delivery planned 22.01.2021)
Estimated total delivery time: 132 days. (4 months, 10 days)

Edit for 22.01.2021:
Delivery day came. Result: Software updating issue, stressed techs and suddently broken parts in windshield wiper system!
Result: Loaner car handed out at no cost so I am mobile with the right car type, just wrong color. The loaner is one of the earliest cars they got so...
May take another week before I get my actual car.

Edit for 26.01-2021:
Car delivered! The car looks good and yes the piano plastic around the gear knob was ok but was scratched by my fingertip trying to remove a tiny bit of grease. WTF! Is it made of butter?
Nothing discovered on first looks. Time will tell. Car in .no does not come with a jack so that's not missing, it's simply not present.
Total delivery time: 136 days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts