Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yep, my 4G is also being flakey despite the upgrade early last week. Sitting for too long with no signal (at home there is nada) it seems to just give up looking.

Pre-heating scheduler works for me at least!

Is there a thread about what else is in the upgrade? I can't seem to find the wireless charging option anymore, and since the upgrade my in-car manual is blank; it brings back search results, and when they're clicked they return blank pages, which is super useful. I'd best find Mr Gledhill's on this forum...!

Otherwise not spotted anything new particularly. TuneIn still doesn't know what BBC 5 Live is, and Google won't use anything else, so that's always fun.

Upgrade was booked for 2 days, which I questioned when dropping off, but they said it would take that long. They were done by 4pm first day... and the XC40 hybrid they gave me (similar age/mileage) was absolute dog s***, being polite. :)

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,516 Posts
The "manual" link is in the FAQ at the top of the main Polestar 2 Forum area :).

I can't remember off-hand where the wireless charging option is but searching might find the recent thread that mentioned it. I think it might have been @dave that asked the question and I found an incorrect answer... because the manual's wrong! (Or I might be completely confusing things in which case I apologise...)

Reactions: S1m0nc and dave

·
Registered
2021 2
1,308 Posts
Wireless charging is not an option anymore with the Nov. update.
Has been confirmed by CS.
I wonder how many regional differences there are.
I have the Nov update and at least the Qi charging icon come up (occasionally) for me similar to how it did before the Nov update.
Anyone else in the US able to use the Qi charging pad?

this makes international collaborative polestar troubleshooting that much more of a puzzle....

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sorry, bad wording. The charging is still there, but it's not an option anymore, i.e. it is always enabled. The menu entry to turn it on and off has been scraped.

Wireless charging actually became more stable and consistent with the Nov. update.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry, bad wording. The charging is still there, but it's not an option anymore, i.e. it is always enabled. The menu entry to turn it on and off has been scraped.

Wireless charging actually became more stable and consistent with the Nov. update.
Ah, thanks for confirming. That's half an hour of my life I won't get back searching. Wonder what else disappeared then, as there were other settings on that screen.

I guess Elon doesn't provide an update log every time OTA updates happen, or does he? seems like it would be a normal thing to do with software updates (he says, as an IT/software provider...). :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
I guess Elon doesn't provide an update log every time OTA updates happen, or does he? seems like it would be a normal thing to do with software updates (he says, as an IT/software provider...). :)
They do, but a lot of it is stuff like "Leap into a grand adventure of dragons, magic and cats in purr-suit of the evil Drakoth and your catnapped sister" or making it so you can do fart noises through the AVAS speaker at passing pedestrians.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
997 Posts
I didn’t know where to put this pic, but seeing as I’m not feeling the love for the choice of colour, I’ll drop it right here.
Check out the logo.
In my opinion, the Polestar design team know what they’re doing. This confirms it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I’m surprised they didn’t make this a colour option. As polestar motorsport colour was that blue (I’m pretty sure). I might have dropped £1k on that colour.
I didn’t know where to put this pic, but seeing as I’m not feeling the love for the choice of colour, I’ll drop it right here.
Check out the logo.
In my opinion, the Polestar design team know what they’re doing. This confirms it.
View attachment 3171

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,516 Posts
Isn't that Windows 10 blue? You could put a login screen on the side of it.

"Your Polestar is installing updates. Don't turn off your Polestar. This will take a while. Your Polestar will restart several times during this process."

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ah, sounds about right. I don't have a great deal of time for their crappy products tbh.

My Pixel 3 charges fine via a cable, though a fast charger would be good. :)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Ah, sounds about right. I don't have a great deal of time for their crappy products tbh.

My Pixel 3 charges fine via a cable, though a fast charger would be good. :)
From my understanding the USB's are all 5A which is "fast", with the exception of the one in the front with a white ring around it, which I believe is 2A or less. So don't use the front USB with a White Circle around it.

You won't get 30A USB's in a car anytime soon.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I've tested them with an iPad Pro (which supports 30W charging). The charge points won't negotiate higher than 5V though which means the maximum charge power is 15W (3A).

However, I got less than that. It's possible the iPad itself doesn't support drawing more than 2.4A at 5V. I don't have any other beefy devices to test.

With both my iPad (USB-C > USB-C) and my iPhone 12 (USB-C > Lightning), the white one was 2A (10W) and the other three were 2.4A (12W)

The white one negotiated an Apple charging protocol, the other three were USB-C PD.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
997 Posts
I've tested them with an iPad Pro (which supports 30W charging). They wont negotiate higher than 5V though which means the maximum charge power is 15W (3A).

However, I got less than that. It's possible the iPad itself doesn't support drawing more than 2.4A at 5V. I don't have any other beefy devices to test.

With both my iPad (USB-C > USB-C) and my iPhone 12 (USB-C > Lightning), the white one was 2A (10W) and the other three were 2.4A (12W)

The white one negotiated an Apple charging protocol, the other three were USB-C PD.
Glad to see lockdown isn't preventing you from letting your hair down

21 - 40 of 42 Posts