Polestar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 PP Midnight
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Writing as my Midnight P2 didn’t take a charge off of my home charger last night. Plugged it in again tonight and the Enel X JuiceBox said it was charging but the light near the car socket alternated between yellow and green while you could hear a faint clicking at the alternation of colors. The Dash display showed the V moving back and forth between 0 and 245 V. Amperage was at 0.
Thinking it was the JuiceBox I took it down to my local ChargePoint kiosk and got the same issues. On call was of no help and told me to ring the dealer in the AM. Anyone had a similar issue?

·
Registered
Ioniq P45, E-Niro (Previously P2 and TM3)
955 Posts
Is the locking mechanism not engaging properly - you need to hold the plug hard in place until it locks them let go. just a thought.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Is the locking mechanism not engaging properly - you need to hold the plug hard in place until it locks them let go. just a thought.
This ... the socket is really tight and my wife has has issues getting it in, I've had to take it out and push in a lot harder to get a full lock in.

·
Super Moderator
1,599 Posts
Hello. Writing as my Midnight P2 didn’t take a charge off of my home charger last night. Plugged it in again tonight and the Enel X JuiceBox said it was charging but the light near the car socket alternated between yellow and green while you could hear a faint clicking at the alternation of colors. The Dash display showed the V moving back and forth between 0 and 245 V. Amperage was at 0.
Thinking it was the JuiceBox I took it down to my local ChargePoint kiosk and got the same issues. On call was of no help and told me to ring the dealer in the AM. Anyone had a similar issue?
Were you using the same cable both times? If so, can you try a different one?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Were you using the same cable both times? If so, can you try a different one?
I’ve used three cables now. One attached to my JuicrBox, one attached to the ChargePoint charger, lastly I just tried the cable that is in the frunk for plugging into the wall. Same result all three times.

So far I’ve talked to service at the Palo Alto space and they don’t know what the issue is. They can’t receive the car for service until Jun 8th. Good times.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This may be of no help and apologies if you have checked already. I had an issue a couple of times where the plastic cover to the high speed charging bit a the bottom was getting caught on the charger, preventing it from going in the full way. It still made noises suggesting that it was connected but I didn't get the green light. I made sure the cover was well out of the way and it went fully in and charged.

Also, if you haven't tried already, maybe try plugging into a fast charger (which uses the bottom bit too)?

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,120 Posts
There have been a very few cases where cars haven't accepted a.c. charging but have worked on d.c. CCS chargers so I would try a rapid charge next. You could also try a Type 2 fast charger (often found with the CCS rapid charging stations) to see if that works. Sounds like a failed on-board charger module though unfortunately :(.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the same issue, my trick is to pull the handle of the Charging plug upwards until Charging starts, this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE: Space Car, as we call it here at home, was picked up by Polestar Marin last Friday. As of Tuesday they have not been able to get it to charge and don't yet know why. Good times. Stay tuned.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,120 Posts
My money's on it needing a replacement OBC (On-Board Charger) for the a.c. charging... if they talk to the Polestar engineers at HQ, they'll probably tell them to order a new OBC. (Of course I'm not providing professional advice here, just repeating that a few earlier cars did need this replaced!).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE: Space Car, as we call it here at home, was picked up by Polestar Marin last Friday. As of Tuesday they have not been able to get it to charge and don't yet know why. Good times. Stay tuned.
Can’t get anyone to return my emails or phone calls from the Volvo service department. Called the Polestar hotline and they told me that it is in Volvo’s court right now and the CSR said he would leave a message for them to contact me. Getting pretty frustrated here as Enterprise is asking for more info or their rental back.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Can’t get anyone to return my emails or phone calls from the Volvo service department. Called the Polestar hotline and they told me that it is in Volvo’s court right now and the CSR said he would leave a message for them to contact me. Getting pretty frustrated here as Enterprise is asking for more info or their rental back.
Which number are you calling? I have:
Polestar Marin = Volvo Marin: 510-599-5778
Polestar San Jose = Volvo Palo Alto: 408-840-2009

I usually got paired with a Volvo tech whom I could text with questions. At the least the usual Volvo Marin service dept should be able to get you in touch with whomever is point on your vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Which number are you calling? I have:
Polestar Marin = Volvo Marin: 510-599-5778
Polestar San Jose = Volvo Palo Alto: 408-840-2009

I usually got paired with a Volvo tech whom I could text with questions. At the least the usual Volvo Marin service dept should be able to get you in touch with whomever is point on your vehicle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts