Polestar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the notifications (text messages for example) work on your bluetooth connected iPhone? Do they display on the screen? My iPhone is happily connected and notifications are enabled on the iPhone but I don't get any, just curious...

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
138 Posts
Has anyone had the notifications (text messages for example) work on your bluetooth connected iPhone? Do they display on the screen? My iPhone is happily connected and notifications are enabled on the iPhone but I don't get any, just curious...
Morning @smithers197 I have an iPhone xR and it is working well. They appear on the screen and Google reads them to me. You do need to change a setting in the system. I will try to remember which one and get to a picture.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morning @smithers197 I have an iPhone xR and it is working well. They appear on the screen and Google reads them to me. You do need to change a setting in the system. I will try to remember which one and get to a picture.
That will be perfect thank you - I have an XS so I assume I am missing a setting somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
1,354 Posts
See here

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See here

Ok, interesting. I didn't have step 2 on my phone set (but it was set to Always), I did have step 1 though. The phone is connected, that is for sure, so maybe this setting is the one. Cheers.

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
138 Posts
A few screenshots showing my setup that does work with notifications and voice sending for sms as well. I think the key access is you need to allow Google Assistant Notification access.

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-01 at 10.50.11 (5).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-01 at 10.50.11 (4).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-01 at 10.50.11.jpeg

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Up and running thanks all. Although I have to say although I got to. the Special Access screen, I have no idea how (I do love deep menu systems)... But thank you !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts