Polestar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, if you've got, or expect to have, range anxiety, there is a new option. And a version of it should have sub-4 0-60 times!

This is what a drag coefficient under 0.2 looks like.

(Doesn't look like there's much room for dogs, though.)

Reactions: polerad

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will it have a frunk?

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
This offers something similar but with a decent battery to back it up...

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This offers something similar but with a decent battery to back it up...

The Aptera will offer a 100 kWh battery so....

·
Registered
2019 Volvo S60 T8
25 Posts
I really wonder how many of these deposit-taking companies will ever actually ship a product. The EV car industry feels a bit like Kickstarter right now.

·
Registered
California
604 Posts
I saw an Aptera 2 up-close in person more than a decade ago. I know the 3-wheel trick is so vehicles get classified as motorcycles instead of cars. Definitely seemed like it would need that classification — I would not want to be in an accident in something like this! Of course it’s been 11 years so maybe they’re a bit different now.

Just wanted to share at least one photo from an iPhone 3G! 😆

·
Registered
629 Posts
Oh my goodness that thing is ugly and seems impractical. I wonder who the target audience is they are going after?

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh my goodness that thing is ugly and seems impractical. I wonder who the target audience is they are going after?
Oh I don't know... It has a sort of cool to it. But, yeah, not so practical for a family.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Another space-craft kind of mega-aero design. They look fun but not one single model has sold well in that design since they started to apply aerodynamics in cars in the 50s. The bottom line is - they're thoroughly impractical and their super-slim and lightweight design mean they offer virtually no crash protection. I feel a bit sorry for them as they're doomed to fail, just like all the others, because sadly this shape, look and lack of practicality simply doesn't sell outside of a few nerdy enthusiasts. Pity!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts