Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a reply from Polestar support to the effect that cars registered this Autumn will all have 'Green' number plates. Those registered earlier will have 'UK' number plates but not 'Euro'.
My handover date is 15th September so I am hoping to get 'Green' plates. Will have to wait and see.
When is Autumn? I would have thought from September onwards.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The new number plates for 'green' cars came into effect on 1st September I believe. I have a 'cherished' plate to add, anyway, so will have to source one myself.

·
Registered
115 Posts
@Asgardian - I just took my plates off my current car in anticipation, so when I had the replacements made I asked about "green" plates and the local (DVLA registered) motoring shop was only vaguely aware of them and did not know how the flash and the "Country Flag" could be incorporated on the same plate, as mentioned in @EDV's original posting.
So good luck when sourcing replacements from non-franchise dealers . . don't misunderstand me, I want to support my local small shops, but it appears that the communications are not getting out to everyone.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The guy on Facebook who received his 70 plate P*2 today has plates with the GB EU flash so I’m not sure any info we’ve received is reliable anyway!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I,d be happy with a bit of cardboard and a felt tip, the way things are going. Polestar 18 will be in production by the time they can be bothered telling me were my car is.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I,d be happy with a bit of cardboard and a felt tip, the way things are going. Polestar 18 will be in production by the time they can be bothered telling me were my car is.
You know where your car is .... it's "in transit". 😂

Now stop being a Debbie Downer on every post. We get it ... you are annoyed and frustrated. I even understand that as I had to wait 9 months for my Jaguar, but try looking on the positives of your life!

I mean this is a post about number plates ... not delivers ... not issues ... and you still come along with a big dollop of negativity.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ha ha, should I comment on your positivity!
I wouldn't,t dare. Not my biz. Public forum, that means it's for all views. Let's not be fanboys please. I,ve looked at life from both sides now........I,m sure their is a block button somewhere specifically for this purpose. Never used one, as I say. I look at life from both sides. Best tom

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Ha ha, should I comment on your positivity!
I wouldn't,t dare. Not my biz. Public forum, that means it's for all views. Let's not be fanboys please. I,ve looked at life from both sides now........I,m sure their is a block button somewhere specifically for this purpose. Never used one, as I say. I look at life from both sides. Best tom
I am trying to stay upbeat ... otherwise I'd realise I have no car for the next 6-8 weeks. 😢
I'm not being a fanboy ... read my review of my test drive. Very open going through the pro's and the con's. I'm also critical of them when they do screw up ... like the First Aid and Jack. But like you I try and see both sides, and for every "issue" post I see, I'm now seeing a ton more happy people with their cars ... so overall issues seem a small % so far.

And it's not like I've said anything on other posts that were on topic. I've even had a long conversation with you on your own post about the subject. So it's not like I'm not trying to sympathise or understand.

I was just trying to point out that going into every thread with your complaint about communication and your poor experience isn't helping IMHO both the forum or you.

If you feel (or anyone feels) I've been a little too harsh, that wasn't my intent ... I was trying to say "hay man you are not the only one in your situation, but posting on every thread about it - especially non-related topics - isn't helping anyone in my opinion". ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Gdank. You have your view as I have. I dont give a monkeys on your view about polestar, life or me to be Frank, and unfortunately you have goaded me by trying to steer my
comments and how I make them. I wouldn't dare to police you, and all a I ask that you dont dare police me. As I have said before, public forum, so everyone has a say and how they say it. Not for you to decide what is appropriate mate. Keep that nonsense were it belongs. In your back pocket please.

End of please. Tom

·
Registered
203 Posts
A little harsh @GDank We are all big kids when it comes to getting our new car.
The first new car I have for 20 plus years, (when company cars were good value), always hand me downs or second/third-hand cars. Remember a neighbour asking me if I had lost my job when I replace my company BMW with an old banger. I keep thinking I've lost my mind shelling out five times the value of my first house. I'm a kid for technology though, especially Android.

·
Super Moderator
642 Posts
I promised never to buy a car new but always buy pre-registered or second hand cars that are about a year or two old. That went out the window with the Kona Electric, then my wife's Zoe! Mind you the Kona has lost <10% in value in 2 years, and the Zoe's worth the same as we paid for it a year ago. At that point, it's cheap motoring :) The Polestar will be my first company car due to the big savings from 0% BIK (around £10k over 4 years).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts