Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the UK having problems with Octopus billing them for electricity? They haven't had a reading of my electricity meter for 7 weeks and claim it is a wide spread problem they are having with the second generation of smart meters. I've searched the web and cant see anyone else reporting issues. I've no idea how they are going to calculate the correct split of usage on my Octopus Go tariff.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My last online available reading is for the 12th May 2021, so yes, it does look like that there are no readings getting back to HQ

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Mines being record fine by Octopus and two third parry apps that use the API of my meter.

Maybe it's certain areas due to cellular outage.

·
Registered
628 Posts
yep mine is fine, although the gas did stop for a few days last week (back now), but leccy carried on working.

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
551 Posts
Mine seems ok - got data upto yesterday.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Had my smart meter installed yesterday, now Octopus say it will be 2 weeks for them to sync to the meter and get me on to their Go tariff. Hmmmmph.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Had my smart meter installed yesterday, now Octopus say it will be 2 weeks for them to sync to the meter and get me on to their Go tariff. Hmmmmph.
Yep that bit was painful, and really annoyed me, but once working - woo hoo!!!

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
731 Posts
I switched from EDF, the gas meter was up and running in 10 days and the electricity meter took over two months! Fortunately it worked before the Polestar 2 was delivered, but just!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I’m with octopus and have a SMETS 1 meter that was reenabled in feb this year. Due to an issue with the DCC integration it double read all readings from that point onwards doubling my bill. Fixed 18th may but I’m still waiting for a retrospective recalculation of the readings .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys sounds like all though not wide spread I'm not alone in having issues. We had the full solar, powerwall, myenergi install at the same time as getting the car so proper billing is key to payback. I was halfway through an irate email to Octopus explaining this when it struck me to calculate the total usage over the last 7 weeks. It was only 155KW ,thanks to the solar, so the difference between all cheap rate and all full rate is only £14. I'm a bit more chilled out about it now!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had our meters changed in October, they have never connected to the network. Having to wait another few weeks to sort it out. Neighbours got theirs fitted two weeks ago. Again not connected to the network. Smart meter indeed. We are trying to claim compensation by not being able to use the low overnight tariff to charge our EV's. Fat chance of getting anything though.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Had our meters changed in October, they have never connected to the network. Having to wait another few weeks to sort it out. Neighbours got theirs fitted two weeks ago. Again not connected to the network. Smart meter indeed. We are trying to claim compensation by not being able to use the low overnight tariff to charge our EV's. Fat chance of getting anything though.
Interesting, I hope you get sorted soon. Please publish the compensation claim outcome.
I have calculated that the £50 joining bonus has been consumed by the high tariff I am on while waiting for GO. Probably just a coincidence.....
When I first joined Octopus, they said that reception of the signal from EE in my area is poor. when I then requested a smart meter they checked on the EE site and said that the engineer would fit a signal booster to the meter when he installed it if it would not connect. It connected ok when he installed the meter so he didn't put the booster in. I fully expect a delay now when Octopus say they can't see the meter.
The in house display box does show that variable tariff rates though, so I am assuming that it did connect straight away and link to my account. Something sound off somewhere though.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,640 Posts
Mine stopped working randomly last June. I finally persuaded them to come out and sort it in November after tweeting the CEO!! Working fine ever since.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had smart meters fitted 2 months ago and the engineer said someone would need to come back to finish off. No one came. Octopus say they're looking into it but in the meantime I'm being chased for meter readings:

Hi Richard,
Submit your meter readings for an accurate energy statement, generally within 48 hours.
We don't do monthly statements. Instead, we send you one whenever you send us a reading. This system isn't common in energy, but give us a few minutes and we'll tell you why we think it's better.
If you've recently had a smart meter installed, you'll still get these reminders while we try to connect to it, which can take up to 14 days. You don't need to submit a reading — feel free to ignore this and get on with your day.
If you don't get a bill within a few days of submitting readings, drop us a line. (If your monthly DD has just gone out, we'll wait for it to clear on your account before sending your statement, which could take a few more days).
If you don't submit meter readings for over three months, we'll send you a statement based on an estimate of your energy usage.
Love and power,
The Octopus Energy team

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,640 Posts
Seconded - the Twitter team are excellent and have been a very responsive way to get things done.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts