Polestar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 2 leaser, absolutely love it - complete joy to drive. Couple little OS hiccups but beside that it's been so much fun, first time electric car driver so experience has been really awesome. HOWEVER - I'm noticing what seems like an awful lot of mileage on my odometer when I'm not really driving that much...it's sort of been in the back of my mind more so than anything, but I feel like I'm always surprised at the end of a day as to just how much mileage I've actually put on - almost like it's got to be a mistake. I haven't done a test to make sure there aren't any errors being made (EG mapping out a trip offline and making sure mileage matches) but planning on doing so.

Anyone else noticing anything similar? Or am I just being nutty?

·
Registered
182 Posts
New 2 leaser, absolutely love it - complete joy to drive. Couple little OS hiccups but beside that it's been so much fun, first time electric car driver so experience has been really awesome. HOWEVER - I'm noticing what seems like an awful lot of mileage on my odometer when I'm not really driving that much...it's sort of been in the back of my mind more so than anything, but I feel like I'm always surprised at the end of a day as to just how much mileage I've actually put on - almost like it's got to be a mistake. I haven't done a test to make sure there aren't any errors being made (EG mapping out a trip offline and making sure mileage matches) but planning on doing so.

Anyone else noticing anything similar? Or am I just being nutty?
This may sound "nutty" but make sure your units are set to miles and not km.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I've been driving a little more often as a result of having the car, but it does seem pretty normal to me.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This may sound "nutty" but make sure your units are set to miles and not km.
Can double check - but it says "MI" next to all the numbers, so assuming it's in the correct format -- admittedly would make a lot more sense though if the proceeding number was kilometers, however...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
You're not running a different size wheel/tire combo for winter are you?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I find myself putting more miles on the car than I need to - just from the enjoyment of driving it. I offer to drive my wife on her errands that she used to run by herself. Actually her car is getting way less miles than normal - the differences are likely correlated. :cool:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I have the larger size tires, but based in LA, so just the normal setup.
You mean the 20" wheels? But definitely not winter tires, lol. Either way, there's not enough of a diameter change to mess with the odometer readout.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
You'd have to be rolling around on something like 12" wheels to explain the odometer distance you're getting.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
You'd have to be rolling around on something like 12" wheels to explain the odometer distance you're getting.

I went to a Monster Truck show ages ago and they put them on what look like factory stock wheels when they're in the trailers. It's hilarious.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
It's difficult to see how they could make a monster truck look any sillier... but that manages it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts