Polestar Forum banner
201 - 212 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello from Down Under, new member looking at ordering a P*2 LRDM. We have some federal incentives for electric and fuel efficient vehicles awaiting signing into law here, so I'm hoping to place an order if all falls into place.

Joined to learn and share where I can. First thing I can share is I've confirmed with P* Australia that unlike everywhere else in the world (that I can tell), for some reason our Performance Pack option pack does NOT include the 350kW software update :( Boo.

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Hello from Down Under, new member looking at ordering a P*2 LRDM. We have some federal incentives for electric and fuel efficient vehicles awaiting signing into law here, so I'm hoping to place an order if all falls into place.

Joined to learn and share where I can. First thing I can share is I've confirmed with P* Australia that unlike everywhere else in the world (that I can tell), for some reason our Performance Pack option pack does NOT include the 350kW software update :( Boo.
Don't feel bad. We can't even pay for it here in the US.

·
Registered
Magnesium/Nappa/LRDM/Full Monty - Delivery Late November 2022
335 Posts
Oh, I was just comparing what's included in each Performance Pack and noted that yours does include it and ours is extra cost, I didn't realise you can't download it separately as an option :(
I'm going to go out on a limb here ... certainly I have no proof or direct knowledge ... but from the experience of some friends with ICE vehicles, the reason that the performance upgrade (currently) remains a paid for upgrade (and not included in the performance pack for MY2023 like it is in the US / Europe) could be related to certification i.e. since the vehicle is delivered with a (significantly) higher power output from the manufacturer, then it might require re-certification ... aftermarket (whether OEM or 3rd party) power upgrades also need to be certified, and I would assume that this has been done for the power upgrade, but it needs to remain an upgrade & changing the base power output would involve re-certifying the car with that power output ... just a guess ¯\(ツ)

No doubt that later in 2023 (or perhaps for MY2024) it will be included.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here ... certainly I have no proof or direct knowledge ... but from the experience of some friends with ICE vehicles, the reason that the performance upgrade (currently) remains a paid for upgrade (and not included in the performance pack for MY2023 like it is in the US / Europe) could be related to certification i.e. since the vehicle is delivered with a (significantly) higher power output from the manufacturer, then it might require re-certification ... aftermarket (whether OEM or 3rd party) power upgrades also need to be certified, and I would assume that this has been done for the power upgrade, but it needs to remain an upgrade & changing the base power output would involve re-certifying the car with that power output ... just a guess ¯\(ツ)

No doubt that later in 2023 (or perhaps for MY2024) it will be included.
I think you are probably onto something there. Australia does have its own Design Regulations and the vehicle is probably approved against those rules as specified, meaning they can only sell the upgrade as a post-purchase change to the car, rather than selling it as part of a new car, as it may have to go through all the same testing as a separate model. I now blame Australian bureaucracy, rightly or wrongly :D

·
Registered
On Order: MY23 P*2 Pilot lite/Plus/Performance in Thunder & Charcoal
5 Posts
Hi all, been visiting the forum as a guest to read posts for far too long! Finally joined whilst awaiting my P*2 LRDM P/P/P in Thunder - due January 2023 (allegedly, if other posts are anything to go by....)

·
Registered
Waiting on LRDM Plus MY23
17 Posts
Hi all,

Just officially joined the community after months visiting the forum.,, ;)

Great content and I hope I can contribute as well.

I ordered my LRDM with Plus in Magnesium MY23 on May and expecting delivery by December. I test drove a LRDM PP MY22 at the Montreal Space last week and it was a blast!

Really looking forward to it!

·
Registered
2021 P2, Snow, Plus/Pilot
1 Posts
Hello all,
We are new to Polestar (1 week) and love our P2 Plus/Pilot. I‘m impressed with the minimal yet thoughtful design and user experience so far. We’ve been in the EV world since 2016 (Model X) and love to travel with our kids and dog, and frequently head up the coast to Maine. We’re from the Catskill Mountains in NY, did the NYC thing for almost 20 years, and moved to NW Connecticut during pandemic to get back to nature and space. Excited to be a part of this community and meet others embracing the electric vehicle life.

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Hello all,
We are new to Polestar (1 week) and love our P2 Plus/Pilot. I‘m impressed with the minimal yet thoughtful design and user experience so far. We’ve been in the EV world since 2016 (Model X) and love to travel with our kids and dog, and frequently head up the coast to Maine. We’re from the Catskill Mountains in NY, did the NYC thing for almost 20 years, and moved to NW Connecticut during pandemic to get back to nature and space. Excited to be a part of this community and meet others embracing the electric vehicle life.
Welcome. This is a great community and we look forward to your sharing your experiences.

·
Registered
MY23 LRDM in Midnight with Plus. Pilot Lite and Zinc Nappa leather
1 Posts
Hi all,

My first post to say hello after joining about two months ago. I ordered an LRDM in Australia on 28 July 22 and so far this has happened:
My car was built on 15 Sep.
A VIN was issued 16 Sep.
Notification that ‘Your Polestar 2 has rolled off the production line and is about to begin its journey to Australia’ 19 September 2022.
Delivery at Alexandria NSW is estimated at 29 Nov. Nothing on CEVA since.

I gather from what I have read so far that the 29 Nov date is optimistic to say the least. When we pick up the new car, we face a 350km drive home, so we need a charge in the middle to get home and beat any 'range anxiety' issues. ABRP says Karuah Chargefox. Is there anything I need to know about that location/replan at all costs type advice?

201 - 212 of 212 Posts