Polestar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all! New member from Sweden here.

My initial plan was to change car beginning of next year, but made a kind of quick decision to grab one of the last MY2021 pre-configured cars that was made available during July. So all of a sudden I have delivery end of next week. :) Main reasons was that Polestar had a pretty good lease deal for what probably is the last pre-configured 2021 cars, and it had the spec I was looking for (pilot and plus-packs, tow-bar, charcoal interior).

No nagging from my wife about this ;) as we are changing from a plug-in hybrid that have been awfully slow to drive (but with decent EV range) resulting in challenges when overtaking cars on country roads. So looking forward to the 400+ HP and all that torque! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm hoping to take delivery of my midnight launch edition next week, upgraded to the 20" wheels. It'll be a big change leaving my Dodge Ram to an ev, but I'm very excited. Also I'm the first one in my city and surrounding area to have one, so should be fun. I think I've watched and read every review and video there is, in anticipation of getting my new car. I've just started reading the community news and so much great info and friendly folks here, happy to be a part of the family.
We too installed an at home charger.
So, ready and waiting here in western Canada 😉

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm hoping to take delivery of my midnight launch edition next week, upgraded to the 20" wheels. It'll be a big change leaving my Dodge Ram to an ev, but I'm very excited. Also I'm the first one in my city and surrounding area to have one, so should be fun. I think I've watched and read every review and video there is, in anticipation of getting my new car. I've just started reading the community news and so much great info and friendly folks here, happy to be a part of the family.
We too installed an at home charger.
So, ready and waiting here in western Canada 😉
Sounds great. I remember the anticipation fondly. You're going to love it!

·
Registered
2021 LR-DM Midnight Pilot Plus 20"
18 Posts
Hi everyone, this is Andy from Glasgow, Scotland. I took delivery of my Polestar 2 in early August, launch edition dual motor in midnight with 20" Plus and Pilot (no Performance). Still grinning from ear to ear every time I floor the pedal, not so good for the battery charge but certainly makes me smile! I've had a few issues in the short time I've owned the car, which is disappointing as I was so looking forward to getting it after a 22 week wait from ordering it on March 1st. The forum is great, and I've been able to find posts from other owners on similar topics to the issues I've been having. I have water collecting in the tailgate which swishes around for a few days before deciding to pour out of the vents on a random open and close of the boot. My iPhone 12 gets very hot and does not charge. It wasn't explained to me that the digital key was still in beta and I got stranded just a few days after getting the car in what appears to have been a UK / worldwide problem with the app losing communication with the car which I could only resolve by removing and re-adding my user profile (the steps that CS advised did not work). The interior weave tech is great as long as I don't sit in it, I get white marks appearing on the door and the centre arm rest which I presume is from my arms (I have no skin problems, other than being Scottish and a red head with very pale skin) - thankfully the marks wash off with water and a microfibre cloth but it's disappointing to have this especially as Polestar are branding this as the alternative to leather. Charging has been sporadic at best, but I suspect it is teething problems with the new Charge Place Scotland facility that has recently opened near me and less so with my car. In saying all that, even with these issues I love my car!

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Glad you are enjoying it, despite experiencing some of the same growing pains we've all had. I would suggest that you post some of the specific issues in other threads that have been established about them as you will get many more responses from people dealing with the same problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello from south-west Wales. I joined this forum a couple of months ago when I started considering the P2 as a lease vehicle. Last month I had a test drive at the space in Manchester and that convinced me to take the plunge. Unfortunately I encountered some admin issues (theirs, not mine) arranging the lease but today I finally received my order confirmation and so it feels like the right time to introduce myself.

I've ordered a long range single motor with plus pack in midnight/charcoal. My order confirmation says the vehicle is expected in stock late November. I'm assuming I might see it in January, but who knows. Anyway, I look forward to joining the handful of other Polestars on the roads of Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire fairly soon, pre-armed with considerable insight from the contributors to this forum.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 350kW, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,275 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Excellent choice of colour scheme, if I say so myself ;) Looking forward to hearing real-world feedback from those with the single motor versions, particularly as we get towards winter and the consequent range reduction.

Reactions: Cofiwch

·
Registered
591 Posts
(Nearly) Anyone here is happy to answer questions to help you make your decision. General advise from an enthusiast's forum like this will likely be a tad biased, though ;-).

Reactions: Cofiwch

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am already leaning towards buying one, but if you want to do a search of EV Charging Stations near Grande Prairie Alberta, you'll likely find that there are no DC Fast chargers nearby :cautious: not by a long shot

I already run a 2 vehicle fleet. A pickup for work duty and a compact car for my highway trips. So the P*2 will replace the compact car. Now I understand that Charging Stations will come... eventually. But if this car can manage Grande Praire to Whitecourt (Approx 290KM or 181M) for a trip to Grandma's house or Grande Prairie to Hinton (Approx 352 KM or 220M) I might consider ordering one before the DC fast chargers are built. I can always use the truck in the winter time when range is reduced beyond these distances.

I have watch so many youtube reviews, the car really looks amazing and seems to impress every automotive journalist that reviewed it.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
The shorter trip is no problem so long as you can "fill up" once you are there. The longer trip (220 miles) could be done in the summer, but not likely in the winter unless you kept the heat off and your speed under 65. Having said that, again if you can charge at the other end, then in the middle you don't need much of a boost to get you there even in the winter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The shorter trip is no problem so long as you can "fill up" once you are there. The longer trip (220 miles) could be done in the summer, but not likely in the winter unless you kept the heat off and your speed under 65. Having said that, again if you can charge at the other end, then in the middle you don't need much of a boost to get you there even in the winter.
Well I do plan on paying for a Nema 1450 plug at grandma's house so I can fill up while we're there and on the longer trip to Hinton, many hotels do have destination chargers. The speed limit between GP to Hinton is basically 65 MPH anyways, so summer trips may be a possibility. I just finished emailing Petro Canada; both praising them for being forward thinking for creating a cross Canada DC Charging route while simultaneously requested locations that would help me out haha

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Well I do plan on paying for a Nema 1450 plug at grandma's house so I can fill up while we're there and on the longer trip to Hinton, many hotels do have destination chargers. The speed limit between GP to Hinton is basically 65 MPH anyways, so summer trips may be a possibility. I just finished emailing Petro Canada; both praising them for being forward thinking for creating a cross Canada DC Charging route while simultaneously requested locations that would help me out haha
It shouldn't be long. The charger network gets better every day.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi y'all, from west Texas! Just ordered MY22 P2 AWD. Website indicated a possible delivery of early November 2021; so, in a couple of weeks. The down side is the nearest Space is Scottsdale AZ, about 340 miles away. Just find out Polestar will only cover 150 miles of tow service under warranty, in the event of requiring shop repairs, bummer...unless they have mobile service vans?!
At any rate, super excited in trading in my last ICE to go full electric in my household!

61 - 80 of 107 Posts