Polestar Forum banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

My name is Anthony and I’m from NYC.Honestly speaking I never had any intention on getting an EV vehicle; however, after losing my previous vehicle to a natural disaster and the chip shortage, here I am lol.

After shopping around at the market currently has to offer, I came across Polestar. I scheduled a test drive with my local dealer and was beyond impressed with the design and performance of the vehicle.

Fast forward, Today I picked up my P2 Launch Edition in Thunder Gray!

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Hello All,

My name is Anthony and I’m from NYC.Honestly speaking I never had any intention on getting an EV vehicle; however, after losing my previous vehicle to a natural disaster and the chip shortage, here I am lol.

After shopping around at the market currently has to offer, I came across Polestar. I scheduled a test drive with my local dealer and was beyond impressed with the design and performance of the vehicle.

Fast forward, Today I picked up my P2 Launch Edition in Thunder Gray!
Welcome. Great choice on your part. You're going to love driving it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Good move IMO. If you get in to the Manhattan Space, Jeff Garcia is the man to know. He's a good guy and very helpful.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 dual motor
13 Posts
Hello, I’m Joey from the San Francisco Bay Area. Polestar 2 caught my attention as the Volvo concept 40.2 as it seemed like a new S40/V50 and I own a V50 T5.
We took delivery last Monday and we’re still getting used to the car. Love the interior (though I wish there were a few more physical buttons). Exterior is gorgeous. Seems like a mini-Dodge Charger mixed with a Saab and some rally car vibes. Taillight reminds my wife of KITT. Lack of visibility is our biggest gripe. Our current and past cars are all from the late 90s to mid 00s so we’re having to adapt to tiny windows, electric power steering, touchscreens and no key. Another quirk is that the armrests are too far away to use while holding the steering wheel.
Once the tires and brakes are broken in I’ll put it through its paces on some of my local twisty roads. It’s our first EV and AWD car so I’m curious how it handles. The damping feels excellent and I expect it to be far more fun than my V50, but not sure it will be as fun as our Mini Cooper.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 350kW, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,275 Posts
Welcome, sounds like some fun times in store then! I've found that as long as I'm not using the cup holder between the seats, you can slide the armrest forward to cover the cup holder and then it's ok for my elbow.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Two Motor
15 Posts
Hi y'all, from west Texas! Just ordered MY22 P2 AWD. Website indicated a possible delivery of early November 2021; so, in a couple of weeks. The down side is the nearest Space is Scottsdale AZ, about 340 miles away. Just find out Polestar will only cover 150 miles of tow service under warranty, in the event of requiring shop repairs, bummer...unless they have mobile service vans?!
At any rate, super excited in trading in my last ICE to go full electric in my household!
I, too, live over 150 miles from a Polestar Space. but, on Friday, a Contracted Service Tech came to my home to fix the issue I was having. I think they are VERY motivated to keep new Polestar owners happy and on the road. My issue was a TCAM battery that was dead. other than that the Car ran fine, just no connectivity to the Interweb

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 dual motor
13 Posts
Welcome, sounds like some fun times in store then! I've found that as long as I'm not using the cup holder between the seats, you can slide the armrest forward to cover the cup holder and then it's ok for my elbow.
Yeah I will do that when we don’t have cups, but we often do. Door armrest seems far away, too. Maybe I just need to get fatter. :) My other thought is to move the steering wheel closer - I’ll try that if it doesn’t feel unsafe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. Long time lurker here. For months I've been snooping in to see what everyone's experiences were like - what people enjoyed and hated about the vehicle, the purchase process, support, etc - as I was trying to decide on what EV to get. I admit I was sucked in by the P2's quirkiness (and lack of SUV-ness) but it was the driver engagement and performance aspects that sealed the deal. I placed an order in August and finally picked it up this past weekend- dual motor, Thunder, Slate*, Pilot, Plus. As my first new car in nearly 10 years, it feels like the future!

Interestingly, I thought lots of people here in Cambridge (MA not UK) would be all over a Volvo-ish EV, but I have only ever seen one other P2 in the wild around here. Proud to say I seem to have doubled our city's P2 population.

Thank you all for letting me listen to your advice and ramblings, I look forward to more.

* No Midnight + Slate?? Oh FFS

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 350kW, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,275 Posts
Congratulations, and we look forward to hearing how you get on with it! :)

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Hello everyone. Long time lurker here. For months I've been snooping in to see what everyone's experiences were like - what people enjoyed and hated about the vehicle, the purchase process, support, etc - as I was trying to decide on what EV to get. I admit I was sucked in by the P2's quirkiness (and lack of SUV-ness) but it was the driver engagement and performance aspects that sealed the deal. I placed an order in August and finally picked it up this past weekend- dual motor, Thunder, Slate*, Pilot, Plus. As my first new car in nearly 10 years, it feels like the future!

Interestingly, I thought lots of people here in Cambridge (MA not UK) would be all over a Volvo-ish EV, but I have only ever seen one other P2 in the wild around here. Proud to say I seem to have doubled our city's P2 population.

Thank you all for letting me listen to your advice and ramblings, I look forward to more.
Welcome to the future :)
It really is, and you will never go back.

* No Midnight + Slate?? Oh FFS
Quite a few of us would have liked this combo. No good reason not to offer it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

I’m not big on introduction, but here goes mine…

San Francisco Bay Area denizen. Recently ordered a pre-configured 2022 model (void, dual motor, pilot, plus, 20 wheels) and am expecting it in a week or so. Not sure what to expect exactly as you never know until you spend a good amount with the car, but I am hopeful it’ll be just as good or better than my current bmw i3. i do like my i3, but honestly I wanted something more sporty, with more “oomph” and a bit more range and trunk space. I do think It looks great and am definitely looking forward to getting it, as well as enjoying my time here =)

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Hey guys,

I’m not big on introduction, but here goes mine…

San Francisco Bay Area denizen. Recently ordered a pre-configured 2022 model (void, dual motor, pilot, plus, 20 wheels) and am expecting it in a week or so. Not sure what to expect exactly as you never know until you spend a good amount with the car, but I am hopeful it’ll be just as good or better than my current bmw i3. i do like my i3, but honestly I wanted something more sporty, with more “oomph” and a bit more range and trunk space. I do think It looks great and am definitely looking forward to getting it, as well as enjoying my time here =)
Welcome. You are definitely going to enjoy the car, warts and all, and you will find it considerably more engaging than your i3.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey 👋

I'm Bl4ckD0g, live near London UK but moving back to the Netherlands in the coming year, regardless just placed an order for a Polestar 2 with single motor long range in Magnesium with Pilot and Plus packs. It is for my wife who finds her BMW M2 Competition a bit of a handful, especially so with these colder months. We are used to our more powerful ICE vehicles, I'm not wowed by either the single motor nor the dual motor for acceleration as we've seen and had it all before. I actually found the test drive lead by a Polestar driver in convoy a bit tedious as she was constantly going full acceleration. What did wow us is just how nice and relaxing it is to drive, and the Scandi chique. Just a very pleasant place to be in (and my daily is a full fat Range Rover Autobiography), and I also found the suspension very compliant in contrast to the reviews that all call it firm.

Anyway nice to be here.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Definitely. The look, the styling, the fact that all options are available on all engine configurations is a big draw. I know it’s Volvo’s brand but it reminded me actually a lot of Saab. If Saab was still making cars and an EV they would make this one 😂
Several people have commented about the Saab similarities.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey 👋

I'm Bl4ckD0g, live near London UK but moving back to the Netherlands in the coming year, regardless just placed an order for a Polestar 2 with single motor long range in Magnesium with Pilot and Plus packs. It is for my wife who finds her BMW M2 Competition a bit of a handful, especially so with these colder months. We are used to our more powerful ICE vehicles, I'm not wowed by either the single motor nor the dual motor for acceleration as we've seen and had it all before. I actually found the test drive lead by a Polestar driver in convoy a bit tedious as she was constantly going full acceleration. What did wow us is just how nice and relaxing it is to drive, and the Scandi chique. Just a very pleasant place to be in (and my daily is a full fat Range Rover Autobiography), and I also found the suspension very compliant in contrast to the reviews that all call it firm.

Anyway nice to be here.
Well the joy is short lived...I've just cancelled my order as they've just moved it out many months. I'm really not impressed by that, and if I didn't look at my order following the test drive follow up call I wouldn't even have known. Polestar support just seems to shrug and say that is the way it is, look at the preconfigured cars. Sadly none of the preconfigured cars are of interest to me...

Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too have a wider horizon... i-pace - £4k off the i-pace black and 0% over 4 years, i4-M50 - my first choice but long wait time, Tesla Y now a UK option (but down my list)... Of the cars I've driven, the PS2 still "feels" the best, but it hasn't quite yet moved from early adopter to mainstream so I'm not 100% it would be the best to live with. I might run it as a second car, that would be perfect.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts