Polestar Forum banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
174 Posts
Well the joy is short lived...I've just cancelled my order as they've just moved it out many months. I'm really not impressed by that, and if I didn't look at my order following the test drive follow up call I wouldn't even have known. Polestar support just seems to shrug and say that is the way it is, look at the preconfigured cars. Sadly none of the preconfigured cars are of interest to me...

Back to the drawing board.
I don't know what you would expect Polestar to do, they are fairly quick at the moment with their orders. For a lot of cars I'm hearing lead times of 8 to 14 months. A couple of colleagues ordering new cars have either gotten theirs after waiting 8 months, or are looking at ordering and for instance the Kia EV6 is showing a projected delivery past summer 2022 at the moment. You can hardly expect Polestar to push your car to the front of the queue, especially if you're ordering a less popular trim. But this is no different than most companies.

Granted, I'm very impatient myself and I have trouble waiting out the just over a month after ordering mine, but I don't see anything different across the industry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't know what you would expect Polestar to do, they are fairly quick at the moment with their orders. For a lot of cars I'm hearing lead times of 8 to 14 months. A couple of colleagues ordering new cars have either gotten theirs after waiting 8 months, or are looking at ordering and for instance the Kia EV6 is showing a projected delivery past summer 2022 at the moment. You can hardly expect Polestar to push your car to the front of the queue, especially if you're ordering a less popular trim. But this is no different than most companies.

Granted, I'm very impatient myself and I have trouble waiting out the just over a month after ordering mine, but I don't see anything different across the industry.
I think you misunderstand. I placed the order yesterday with the promise of delivery at x. Only one day later they change silently delivery to z. That is what I have an issue with. If they were honest and thruthful upfront I wouldn’t have placed the order in the first place. At this moment in time I just want them to refund in the same timely manner as they took my money under false pretence

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
174 Posts
I think you misunderstand. I placed the order yesterday with the promise of delivery at x. Only one day later they change silently delivery to z. That is what I have an issue with. If they were honest and thruthful upfront I wouldn’t have placed the order in the first place. At this moment in time I just want them to refund in the same timely manner as they took my money under false pretence
Ah ok, then yes I misunderstood. Apologies!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well the joy is short lived...I've just cancelled my order as they've just moved it out many months. I'm really not impressed by that, and if I didn't look at my order following the test drive follow up call I wouldn't even have known. Polestar support just seems to shrug and say that is the way it is, look at the preconfigured cars. Sadly none of the preconfigured cars are of interest to me...

Back to the drawing board.
Very sorry to hear...Personally I am really enjoying this EV : )

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did the real date change or just what was listed on the website? Because the website has never been particularly correct or consistent.
Website, and Staff at the space. And even now it is still and estimate. It makes it even more disappointing if this has been a consistent issue on their website. That seem intentionally misleading then if they've known about this for a long time. A real shame as the rest of the experience was good. Also a shame that when requesting the refund they become uncommunicative.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts