Polestar Forum banner
161 - 180 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Two Motor
227 Posts
Hello!
I've been lurking in this forum for a few days to read owner reviews/problems before making a decision. But finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Polestar 2 AWD (Thunder) today. Crossing my fingers that the connectivity issues are resolved by the time my car is delivered. :LOL:

IT
For what it is worth... I have had no "major" issues since the 1.9 update and the new phone app. Replacing the battery in the TCAM module (by a tech, not by me) in October also fixed a lot of issues.

I did notice that the connectivity stopped for a few days, but came back by itself. and when it did, update 1.9 was ready to install. It makes me wonder if during the download of the update it puts other stuff to sleep. And at work and at home, I have spotty reception, so maybe it took a while to download.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Two Motor
227 Posts
I experienced something similar but then opted for a preconfigured vehicle. I had to cancel the first order and submit an additional down payment on the preconfigured model. I wasn’t too happy about that but I was reimbursed in less than a week.
I was lucky that there was a pre-configured model "in the system" that was exactly what I wanted. took two days to get, and there was a holiday in between.

In the USA, and in September 2021, there were not many options anyway, Pilot and Plus were really standard, and the difference between the two non-leather interiors was not important to me, so it was down to paint color, and I always like a good pearl white.

They did have to send me the floor mats in the mail, but that was like a week later.

Now... have any of you tried to configure a Porsche or Aston Martin on line?!?!? Good Lord!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hello from Boulder, Colorado.

We just ordered our first EV. After numerous test drives we decided on the Un-Tesla (there are hundreds of M3 and MY's in our town), a preconfigured P2 from PS Denver a few days ago. Snow White, Pilot package, hitch (port installed), and floor mats.

Have to admit that the Tesla supercharger network almost overcame the superb driving experience we had in the PS2, but in the end "that feeling" and just being a bit different from the mainstream won out over range and exclusivity.

Delivery expected mid-month. We are stoked.

This will be our only car here in the Front Range. We are going to the Western Slope regularly to visit my wife's family and that trip will require at least one charging stop. Range anxiety is definitely in the back of our minds already, just thinking about the first trip over. Hopefully once routine, all will be good.

It would be nice if the Electrify America Station in Eagle would come online soon, as it is located right at the halfway mark. Currently there are only two along the route, in Frisco (only 70 miles from home) and Glenwood Springs (165 miles from home), so we might end up stopping twice just to be sure...

Trips in the San Juan Mountains and SE Colorado also look tricky (another forum member from CO already pointed that out in the New Member thread) and drives to northern NM would probably have to be done on I-25 (would much prefer the far more scenic route on 285 through the Sangres and over the Taos Plateau). Trips to WY seem all but impossible. We are hopeful that the sparse charging infrastructure will improve sooner rather than later.

In the meantime we wait for your delivery date :)

Will post up once the car is in our possession and we have done a few trips in it.

Be safe and well everyone, and thanks for all the great info on this forum.

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Welcome. You won't be disappointed.

but in the end "that feeling" and just being a bit different from the mainstream won out over range and exclusivity.
You'll realize pretty quick what this really entails. Everyone will be interested in your car :)

Range anxiety is definitely in the back of our minds already, just thinking about the first trip over. Hopefully once routine, all will be good.
After a couple of trips you will get comfortable, and it will no longer be an issue that you'll think about.

·
Premium Member
'22 Midnight | LRSM | Pilot | Plus | 19"
57 Posts
It would be nice if the Electrify America Station in Eagle would come online soon, as it is located right at the halfway mark. Currently there are only two along the route, in Frisco (only 70 miles from home) and Glenwood Springs (165 miles from home), so we might end up stopping twice just to be sure...

Trips in the San Juan Mountains and SE Colorado also look tricky (another forum member from CO already pointed that out in the New Member thread) and drives to northern NM would probably have to be done on I-25 (would much prefer the far more scenic route on 285 through the Sangres and over the Taos Plateau). Trips to WY seem all but impossible. We are hopeful that the sparse charging infrastructure will improve sooner rather than later.
I plan a trip to Colorado from Portland this summer with our LRSM (should be delivered next week or so). Southern Wyoming is horrible for charging stations. I plan to go from Salt Lake to Ft. Collins on US40 and then 14, via Vernal, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Walden. There are a few stations along that route. I also plan to go from Buena Vista to Santa Fe by way of Alamosa. I'm mainly concerned about finding stations already in use. We'll see. We plan to take it easy. No hurry. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I grew up in Wyoming and there is so much distance and so few people that I think it will be a while before it will be conducive to EV ownership. I suspect the first will be I-80 and they'll need to put an EA at every big town: Cheyenne, Laramie (Go Pokes!), Rawlins, Rock Springs, Evanston, and then SLC when you're in Utah. I've made that drive many times and you have to plan out your gas stops in an ICE. Maybe in 3 or 4 years.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I plan a trip to Colorado from Portland this summer with our LRSM (should be delivered next week or so). Southern Wyoming is horrible for charging stations. I plan to go from Salt Lake to Ft. Collins on US40 and then 14, via Vernal, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Walden. There are a few stations along that route. I also plan to go from Buena Vista to Santa Fe by way of Alamosa. I'm mainly concerned about finding stations already in use. We'll see. We plan to take it easy. No hurry. Welcome to the forum!
Yes I have also been looking at trips in CO and to northern NM on the more scenic back roads, using the plug share and charge point apps. There are so few stations that it is a good idea to build in time to possibly wait for someone else finishing their charge cycle when there are no alternate locations within range, or be ready for slower charging than what is advertised.

·
Registered
VW E-Golf, Audi Q5 3.0 tdi Special Edition
5 Posts
Hey all👋

Been reading the forum for a few months now and thought I would join the community.

My current garage is a Audi Q5 diesel and E-Golf.

The household will be going to 1 car from Jan 2023, as the leased E-Golf will be going back and I will sell the Q5 when the new car arrives.

My top runner for the replacement is currently a Polestar 2 DM but I am looking at the q4 etron and Kia EV6 too.

I am petrol head at heart but I love how an EV drives, instant torque and all that good stuff.

I am undecided if I want to spec the plus pack and 20" wheels (Although the MY23 ones i am on the fence with) or the PP as I love how it looks and other bits that come with it to make it really look the part.

I am in the cotswolds and have spotted a few P2s on the roads but not that many when comparing to Teslas.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2, LRDM, Moon
5 Posts
Hello from Xenia, Ohio! I’ve lurked on the forum since ordering from Polestar Detroit. I found the same car from Polestar DC ( Moon LRDM Plus Pack), and it was delivered 18 days ago. The car has been fantastic thus far except for a rear passenger window leak that will be handled through Detroit. If it takes a few days should a loaner be provided??

I recently had the car ceramic coated and it looks great! See attached
Wheel Car Tire Sky Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello from New England!

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Took delivery on Tuesday, and loving it so far! Looking for more excuses for long twisty drives.

A recent move to the woods brought an end to our no-car lifestyle - and there are finally some good EV options! Tested the Ioniq5 and researched many more, but the Polestar (of course!) won out for the driving experience, looks, etc.

I want to give a big thanks to all the keen forum members here - like many of you I spent the months awaiting delivery crawling the threads to learn more and ogle the photos, and the amount of information is immense. Great community here - looking forward to seeing more Polestars in the wild!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone
I just joined the forum and just ordered a SMLR Moon color Polestar 2 in Abu Dhabi,UAE.
Should arrive in August.
I live and work here since 10 years.
Polestar 2 isn’t my first electric car:I own a 2018 Chevrolet Bolt: great car so far 90K km and no a single issue.Back home in November I’ve bought a used Hyundai Kona electric because my daughters went back home for the University and i wanted provide a good car to them.
I don’t hate oil …..actually I think is one of the most precious gift Mother Earth gave us.Simply I think is foolish use it to produce electrical energy or to be used for auto transportation when other sources of energy and technology are available.
I wont sell my Bolt I’ll sell the other petrol car we use when needed.
Thank you for the opportunity to be in this forum and i hope to learn some interesting tips from You.
p.s. As You can see I’m not a Tesla fan even if I recognize that without Musk nothing of this revolution/transition will have been in place.
Thanks again for the hospitality

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Hello everyone
I just joined the forum and just ordered a SMLR Moon color Polestar 2 in Abu Dhabi,UAE.
Should arrive in August.
I live and work here since 10 years.
Polestar 2 isn’t my first electric car:I own a 2018 Chevrolet Bolt: great car so far 90K km and no a single issue.Back home in November I’ve bought a used Hyundai Kona electric because my daughters went back home for the University and i wanted provide a good car to them.
I don’t hate oil …..actually I think is one of the most precious gift Mother Earth gave us.Simply I think is foolish use it to produce electrical energy or to be used for auto transportation when other sources of energy and technology are available.
I wont sell my Bolt I’ll sell the other petrol car we use when needed.
Thank you for the opportunity to be in this forum and i hope to learn some interesting tips from You.
p.s. As You can see I’m not a Tesla fan even if I recognize that without Musk nothing of this revolution/transition will have been in place.
Thanks again for the hospitality
Welcome. I hope you enjoy your ride as much as most of us.

161 - 180 of 212 Posts