Polestar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just wondered if anyone here in the UK has purchased the Ohme smart charging cable, as its cheaper at just £199 ( via Octopus energy ) rather than going through the more expensive wall mounted ones. Connects to a commando socket and will still give a 7kwh charge the same as most others, but without the expense.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have just been looking at one for myself today. I already have a wall charger, but want the Ohme cable not only to get a 7Kwh charge but to make use of the Octopus Go night time tariff. It can be preset, I understand, so I can use it to charge just over the period when the night time tariff is in operation.
As yet it seems that preset timing is something for the future on the polestar, so the cable could well pay for itself before that actually happens.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I’m charging at home with the OHME commando cable, it works well. So far (three weeks in) faultless scheduling with Octopus Agile. I probably won’t get the money back in savings but it saves a lot of hassle with no More plugging in late at night.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Do you know if the Home Smart cable can be supplied with a female Type 2 connector so that I could plug in my tethered Podpoint cable?

·
Registered
Void Polestar 2 2020
45 Posts
I’d happily pay £199 for it but not £399 (and don’t want to change supplier)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you know if the Home Smart cable can be supplied with a female Type 2 connector so that I could plug in my tethered Podpoint cable?
Hi looks like there are a choice of connector options with the home leads type 1 / 2 etc so I’m sure it would work.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I sent an email to Ohme directly, here's their response...

Hi Terran
Thank you for your message and interest in Ohme!
I apologise we missed your car. The Type 2 - Type 2 cable is part of the Octopus Energy promotion. If you have a PodPoint tethered unit unfortunately this cable will not be suitable.
The Type 2 - Type 2 cable can only be used with 'untethered' Wall Chargers where the existing cable can be removed and the Ohme cable plugged in.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Kind regards
Joshua
Joshua Willetts
Customer Care[email protected] |

So the answer is No!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts