Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Oh no! So sorry, what an awful start. How long have you had it? Did you at least get a chance for some fun before this?

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
241 Posts
What on earth happened? We are assuming this is your car?

·
Registered
Polestar 2 | Non PP | 19 | Snow
12 Posts
I wonder how easy it is to repair.

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Oh God.

·
Registered
99 Posts
No, A Norwegian driver. Lorry reversed into car while it was charging apparently.
I've owned 2 electric cars and in those cars it's physically impossible to put it in any gear while charging for precisely that reason. If that's actually what happened, this is a severe flaw and a real safety issue.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
241 Posts
No I think he meant the car was charging and the lorry was reversing (lorry not charging).

·
Registered
99 Posts
No I think he meant the car was charging and the lorry was reversing (lorry not charging).
I would certainly hope so, but you can see from his statement, "Lorry reversed into car while it was charging apparently" that it looks like it happened while charging. I hope his meaning was closer to yours. ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Polestar was charging. Lorry reversed and did not see it and took both the Polestar and charging station out. Not sure what the more expensive the car or charging station?

·
Registered
99 Posts
The Polestar was charging. Lorry reversed and did not see it and took both the Polestar and charging station out. Not sure what the more expensive the car or charging station?
Then this is a very dangerous condition and should be rectified immediately. It’s absolutely crazy the car would allow you to move while charging. You ca not do that with a Tesla or I-Pace. You guys need to bring this up to Polestar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A truck backed up into the P2 which was parked for charging. I would hazard a guess that any vehicle (including Tesla or iPace) could similarly be pushed backwards if a truck reversed into them. I do not see how this is a technical flaw for Polestar...just an incompetent truck driver.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Then this is a very dangerous condition and should be rectified immediately. It’s absolutely crazy the car would allow you to move while charging. You ca not do that with a Tesla or I-Pace. You guys need to bring this up to Polestar.
This is a joke right? I'm going to go with a joke....must be a joke 😂

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just hope no one was in the Polestar while it was charging and being hit by a lorry while the Polestar was stationary. Mind you which would be worse - seeing it happen and be helpless to do anything because you are unable to drive because the car is charging; or coming back to see the carnage?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts