Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been amazed at only seeing 3 or 4 Polestar 2s on the road since I got mine in November. Today was a first though. Slowly working my way through a traffic jam on the M42 I was covertly (not that covertly) being filmed by someone in a car in the outside lane. Each time I came within a car length, out came the mobile phone and was recorded. Seems odd as no other car (less than £200k worth anyway) would seem to get this kind of attention.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Same here. I’ve been followed, filmed, people pull up next to me and ask what it is. Someone pulled up next to me in a Ford Fusion Energi this week and knew what it was, kept saying it was “so beautiful.” This lifestyle is definitely a change of pace from my last car (a 2017 Kia Optima Hybrid 😂)

·
Registered
Awaiting PS2 MY22 Magnesium DMLR standard trim
29 Posts
Over here Polestars drive up to each other and giving each other the thumbs up or at least a short wave haha

I always tend to say that I chose it over the BMW i4 because I consider the PS2 premium but still sympathetic, while the BMW is (even more) premium but doesn't have my sympathies somehow. Don't know how to explain it differently.

·
Super Moderator
1,533 Posts
What I'd like is:-

BMW chassis / infotainment / interior / build quality / dealer experience
Tesla drivetrain / efficiency
Polestar looks

Come on, sort it out... :)

The Polestar 2 is certainly is the most head-turning and interesting car I've ever had.

I think the future Polestar cars have a -lot- of promise when you look at some of the other Geely stuff but they must sort their CS / service stuff out. I've said it before, they need Tesla style 'rangers', rather than just dumping us at overwhelmed Volvo dealers.

BMW are frustrating - look at the i3 and i8 - they still look great now - and then they sat and twiddled their thumbs for eight years. Such a bad management decision which has surely hurt them badly. They could have easily been at the pinnacle of EV manufacturing by now - they had the resources and the talent I'm sure. What a cock-up.

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 19's
157 Posts
What I'd like is:-

BMW chassis / infotainment / interior / build quality / dealer experience
Tesla drivetrain / efficiency
Polestar looks

Come on, sort it out... :)

The Polestar 2 is certainly is the most head-turning and interesting car I've ever had.

I think the future Polestar cars have a -lot- of promise when you look at some of the other Geely stuff but they must sort their CS / service stuff out. I've said it before, they need Tesla style 'rangers', rather than just dumping us at overwhelmed Volvo dealers.

BMW are frustrating - look at the i3 and i8 - they still look great now - and then they sat and twiddled their thumbs for eight years. Such a bad management decision which has surely hurt them badly. They could have easily been at the pinnacle of EV manufacturing by now - they had the resources and the talent I'm sure. What a cock-up.
And they didn't learn the lesson from GM, or Kodak if we are extending the analogy. GM had the EV1 and literally crushed it. They engineers from that vehicle found a sympathetic Elon Musk who not only thought the idea was cool, but he had the vision to see the longer term potential, and the willingness to push it through the tough times. GM went bust in that iteration (I know it more to do with the financial crisis of 2008-2010 but you get my point), Only US government support has kept GM in existence. Their Kodak moment - oh how that marketing phrase is enshrined in history, but not for the reasons they hoped!

BMW as you say have sat on their hands. The i3 has been a steady seller (I personally don't like its looks - I never understood why electric vehicles had to look weird, but it is undeniably a success), and BMW just sat there churning out the same old stuff because - well they were stuck in the same box with the same thinking as GM and didn't have the whit to see out of it, until now. They might be luckier than GM and survive. Might. I hope they are.

·
Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
101 Posts
It baffles me this talk of hardly ever seeing another PS2. I was seeing the odd one before mine was delivered in January but since getting mine I see one (a different one) almost every week.
There is an owner three doors away from me, there is an owner in my brother's street. I feel like I see more PS2s than I see ID3s. Mind you I'm not looking for ID3s.

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
197 Posts
One of the few drawbacks of living in EV country #1 is that Polestars are everywhere and have been for months now. Although there are fewer Polestar's than many other EV's, I will be the third within a two minute walk from my home. To make it worse, all of them are snow.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
BMW just sat there churning out the same old stuff
BMW's CEO at the time had is head stuck in the sand. I thought he was subsequently fired.

GM definitely made some serious mistakes, and I think they continue to do so. With their resources and know how, they should have at least 5 serious EVs in the US market already.

Ford was late to the game, but they are betting the farm on a full speed ahead EV strategy, and are looking good at the moment.

And look at Toyota. They are still pushing hybrids. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,059 Posts
Perfect summary @JRRF . They did indeed fire the CEO who didn't believe in EVs and are only now starting to catch up.

GM made a big mistake, then changed heart and engineered the brilliant Chevrolet Volt / Vauxhall/Opel Ampera. Then abandoned that too!

And Toyota... yeesh. Their head is so far in the sand it's likely they've come up the other side of the planet for air!

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
340 Posts
I just got tired of being deceived and lied to. Every car commercial is the same regurgitated crap! Here is your finance rate, base price and check out how well it drives on open roads with no traffic and a painted license plate?!!! WTF. I want quality, reliability, no fluff, power, control and my family safe!!! Almost 20,000 km on my P2 and I'm so relieved this car found me. I will never own or purchase an ICE vehicle again.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Every car commercial is the same regurgitated crap! Here is your finance rate, base price and check out how well it drives on open roads with no traffic and a painted license plate?!!!
Ain't marketing great!? :rolleyes:
Marketeers don't sell cars, they sell lifestyles: if you buy this car, look how great you will look/feel, look at the parties you will be invited to, look at the driving experience you'll have on roads that only exist in Hollywood, look at the men/women you will have around you, look at the boat you will drive to, etc. etc. etc. Of course in real life, your car gets dirty, you drive in terrible traffic, you shuttle your kids to school, you drive to the grocery store...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ain't marketing great!? :rolleyes:
Of course in real life, your car gets dirty, you drive in terrible traffic, you shuttle your kids to school, you drive to the grocery store...
At least we'll feel like we're Movie Stars doing those things with our Polestar 2 ;-)

... humming "Cadillac Car" from "Dreamgirls".

·
Registered
12 Posts
It baffles me this talk of hardly ever seeing another PS2. I was seeing the odd one before mine was delivered in January but since getting mine I see one (a different one) almost every week.
There is an owner three doors away from me, there is an owner in my brother's street. I feel like I see more PS2s than I see ID3s. Mind you I'm not looking for ID3s.
Almost 3 months of ownership and I’ve yet to see another P2 whilst driving mine, and I commute daily in a major metro. I know they’re out there so it’s just a matter of time.

Now that I’ve posted this am sure I’ll see one soon.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Still only one around here (West Tennessee, including Memphis) and I still get loads of looks and questions...and yes photos/videos surreptitiously or obviously taken. My wife is near sick of all the attention, but my grandson LOVES it. :cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had all types of interactions due to our cars (mostly positive). Range from Bimmers, JDMs, other friendly EV drivers (Teslas M3, Leaf, E-Golf, Etron, Id4s). Some in parking lots, some on the road who window downed to have a friendly conversation. I have yet to see a Polestar driving in Toronto area (meet 2 in parking), but I expect to see more as MY22 orders arrive.

The least friendly interaction I had was drivers with Taycan and Etron GT, just doesn't seem to want to strike a conversation.

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Registered
12 Posts
Almost 3 months of ownership and I’ve yet to see another P2 whilst driving mine, and I commute daily in a major metro. I know they’re out there so it’s just a matter of time.

Now that I’ve posted this am sure I’ll see one soon.
As predicted, finally saw a P2 today for the first time whilst driving mine. Off I-95 in MA. Have a feeling it was someone on this forum. If so, you know who you are!!

·
Registered
Non EV - MY18 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription
4 Posts
I just don't want to be this guy. Spend $100K and still have a vehicle shaped like a common Prius and it's the better looking one too, lol...
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle

1 - 20 of 24 Posts