Polestar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ahh, need to change my signature, i assumed that they were the standard mats.

I have those (pictured) and they are excellent.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just wish they had a version of those mats for the boot or anyone had a boot liner for dogs

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Do they come with standard material mats of is it just the carpet if you don't sped the rubber mats?
if you don’t tick the box for the optional mats, you do get some mats – these are fabric carpet type that are made out of recycled fishnets or similar. If you do go for optional mats, they fit them and leave the standard mats in the boot for you.

The optional ones are rubber, have a small carpet section for where your heel goes and should be good for winter weather.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wish they had a version of those mats for the boot or anyone had a boot liner for dogs
The boot mat that they advertise as an optional extra is made out of the same carpet fabric as the standard mats.

its disadvantages are that it’s quite pricey for what it is and it means when you lift the luggage divider up you have to roll it forwards which is a bit untidy. If they had designed it so there was a lifting panel to accommodate the luggage divider, I would’ve been impressed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have the boot liner... it's reversible (carpet one side, non-slip rubber the other) and has a thin polyvinyl sheet attached you can overhang to protect the external boot lip and bumper, which is nice. However, I agree, way overpriced and renders the boot divider almost inoperable.

·
Registered
186 Posts
A bit disappointing that a “design” brand such as Polestar did not plan for the boot divider on the optional mat. To me it is on those details that you become a premium brand.

·
Registered
324 Posts
A bit disappointing that a “design” brand such as Polestar did not plan for the boot divider on the optional mat. To me it is on those details that you become a premium brand.
I'm passing on it for this reason and was shocked to not see something more first-class from them. Unbelievable how heavily they market the flexibility of the boot space configurations and then drop a mat that negates all of it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Actually, I priced the liner mat with bumper protection sheet for the Weathertech model for XC40 which I assume would be very similar and guess what, it’s $150.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the boot liner... it's reversible (carpet one side, non-slip rubber the other) and has a thin polyvinyl sheet attached you can overhang to protect the external boot lip and bumper, which is nice. However, I agree, way overpriced and renders the boot divider almost inoperable.
If you drop the seats and push the mat forward over them then the flappy thing still protects the boot floor. This was useful when I shifted a car load of crap to the recycling centre last weekend.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I purchased floor mats and the boot/trunk liner from WeatherTech for my past cars and was very satisfied with the fit and design of it, but because the car is so new it may be a while before we will see any aftermarket mats or liners. Also, I am taking delivery of my car just before Christmas and it’s already snowing here, so I may have to get it as an add-on option to deal with the messy weather.

I will probably won’t get the boot liner as it will make the divider useless, but I understand that the liner is designed to not only trap dirt and debris but also water, so having a flap in it won’t make it waterproof.

Another solution, and if you are brave and resourceful enough and don’t mind it wont be waterproof, is to cut a panel out exactly the same size and shape as the divider flap and secure this cut out portion to the top of the divider with Velcro.

* EDIT * Sorry, I thought the boot liner is completely plastic (like the WeatherTech ones), not carpeted/reversible, so my suggestion would not apply to the OEM add-on option.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void Charcoal Non PP
63 Posts
Have a picture here if you’re wondering what they look like:

View attachment 1031
Please can you take a photo of the reverse of the front and rear mats, showing the part number moulded into each mat ?
Hoping to source via the Volvo parts network if the number is coherent with their system, but only if they are available in right hand drive format.
Thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
Please can you take a photo of the reverse of the front and rear mats, showing the part number moulded into each mat ?
Hoping to source via the Volvo parts network if the number is coherent with their system, but only if they are available in right hand drive format.
Thanks
You can order them direct from Polestar if you log in to your account - they are listed under accessories.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void Charcoal Non PP
63 Posts
You can order them direct from Polestar if you log in to your account - they are listed under accessories.
Thanks for the info; my vehicle is due late March for April registration, on a business lease, so unsure whether I can register for a Polestar account as I’ll never “own” the car ?🤔

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks for the info; my vehicle is due late March for April registration, on a business lease, so unsure whether I can register for a Polestar account as I’ll never “own” the car ?🤔
An interesting point, perhaps someone on a business lease has experience of this?

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,288 Posts
Yes, you should register a Polestar account and get a Polestar ID. This can be associated with your lease order and you'll need it for the car to log in too.

Reactions: hedwri
1 - 19 of 19 Posts