Polestar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ahh, need to change my signature, i assumed that they were the standard mats.

I have those (pictured) and they are excellent.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just wish they had a version of those mats for the boot or anyone had a boot liner for dogs

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Do they come with standard material mats of is it just the carpet if you don't sped the rubber mats?
if you don’t tick the box for the optional mats, you do get some mats – these are fabric carpet type that are made out of recycled fishnets or similar. If you do go for optional mats, they fit them and leave the standard mats in the boot for you.

The optional ones are rubber, have a small carpet section for where your heel goes and should be good for winter weather.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wish they had a version of those mats for the boot or anyone had a boot liner for dogs
The boot mat that they advertise as an optional extra is made out of the same carpet fabric as the standard mats.

its disadvantages are that it’s quite pricey for what it is and it means when you lift the luggage divider up you have to roll it forwards which is a bit untidy. If they had designed it so there was a lifting panel to accommodate the luggage divider, I would’ve been impressed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the boot liner... it's reversible (carpet one side, non-slip rubber the other) and has a thin polyvinyl sheet attached you can overhang to protect the external boot lip and bumper, which is nice. However, I agree, way overpriced and renders the boot divider almost inoperable.

·
Registered
51 Posts
A bit disappointing that a “design” brand such as Polestar did not plan for the boot divider on the optional mat. To me it is on those details that you become a premium brand.

·
Registered
84 Posts
A bit disappointing that a “design” brand such as Polestar did not plan for the boot divider on the optional mat. To me it is on those details that you become a premium brand.
I'm passing on it for this reason and was shocked to not see something more first-class from them. Unbelievable how heavily they market the flexibility of the boot space configurations and then drop a mat that negates all of it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Actually, I priced the liner mat with bumper protection sheet for the Weathertech model for XC40 which I assume would be very similar and guess what, it’s $150.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the boot liner... it's reversible (carpet one side, non-slip rubber the other) and has a thin polyvinyl sheet attached you can overhang to protect the external boot lip and bumper, which is nice. However, I agree, way overpriced and renders the boot divider almost inoperable.
If you drop the seats and push the mat forward over them then the flappy thing still protects the boot floor. This was useful when I shifted a car load of crap to the recycling centre last weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts