Polestar Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
From a service perspective, there is no need for much of anything. So once they deliver you car you can probably wait until a Polestar space opens near you in 2021. If there's a warranty issue with the body then it shouldn't be hard for any Volvo dealer to work on it. And if there's an issue with the drive train (which is a thousand times simpler than an ICE, with much less that can go wrong), the Volvo dealers also have expertise in those components since they already work on Volvo's hybrids. I'm as anxious as anyone for Polestar to make this as comfortable as possible, but it's likely a non-issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If there's a warranty issue with the body then it shouldn't be hard for any Volvo dealer to work on it.
That's definitely true, but the bigger issue will be who pays your local Volvo dealer to work on it. If Polestar doesn't have agreements with the Volvo dealer network there won't be a mechanism for them to pay for warranty repairs at Volvo dealerships, unless they're the ones affiliated with the Polestar Spaces. If I get the car and after a month the entertainment system stops responding, a headlamp goes, or the moonroof won't open, mid-2021 is a long time to wait until it's fixed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's definitely true, but the bigger issue will be who pays your local Volvo dealer to work on it. If Polestar doesn't have agreements with the Volvo dealer network there won't be a mechanism for them to pay for warranty repairs at Volvo dealerships, unless they're the ones affiliated with the Polestar Spaces. If I get the car and after a month the entertainment system stops responding, a headlamp goes, or the moonroof won't open, mid-2021 is a long time to wait until it's fixed.
It's hard to even fathom that you would have to pay for any repair no matter who does it. Transport maybe, but the repair itself -- never.

And if the issue is not catastrophic (e.g. the radio) then I can certainly wait a little while until it's fixed. I might not be thrilled, but I'd have some patients.

And btw, I don't believe the car has a moon roof.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts