Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Toscal and Dank for your replies.

I have test driven and examined at close quarters the Tesla 3 and have decided to go ahead with the Polestar 2 instead.
Snow with the Slate interior. Delivery quoted December.

My reasons for choosing the Polestar 2 over the Tesla 3:
Better build quality.
Safer car / great head & rear lights, safety systems.
I like the look better. Very modern, quite different.
Hatch back rather than saloon.
Fairly minimalist.
Good sound system.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Nice! Welcome to the club! I agree with your reasons, it's almost the same list as mine as well as the tow bar spec's.

Same external/interior colours as me ... so you must have good taste :p

Finally, I wouldn't be shocked if your delivery is moved up to November. So keep and eye on the order page.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mine moved from Dec to Nov. Another UK'er moved from Now to Sept!
Yes, mine was moved from November to September. However, I suspect I just got lucky in that by choosing Thunder with Charcoal interior maybe I picked an "unpopular" combination, so there was already an unallocated one aboard the ship that left China at the beginning of July.
It seems Snow and Slate is quite a popular choice, so it may be that they're all gone.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yes, mine was moved from November to September. However, I suspect I just got lucky in that by choosing Thunder with Charcoal interior maybe I picked an "unpopular" combination, so there was already an unallocated one aboard the ship that left China at the beginning of July.
It seems Snow and Slate is quite a popular choice, so it may be that they're all gone.
I thought they were only building to order at this time. Not sure though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I put in an order to Polestar Canada on July 23rd. Estimated delivery set for September.
I called today to modify the interior, switching from Slate to Barley, and was told they cannot modify an order once it's in the system. The Rep suggested I make a new order and cancel the old one.
So, I put a new order in today on July 27th, and this one has estimated delivery in November.
That's quite a jump in only 4 days. I'm not sure if it's only the timing of the order or the specific configuration.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I put in an order to Polestar Canada on July 23rd. Estimated delivery set for September.
I called today to modify the interior, switching from Slate to Barley, and was told they cannot modify an order once it's in the system. The Rep suggested I make a new order and cancel the old one.
So, I put a new order in today on July 27th, and this one has estimated delivery in November.
That's quite a jump in only 4 days. I'm not sure if it's only the timing of the order or the specific configuration.
I'm surprised any order in July is slated for September. Did you already get a VIN for the one they couldn't change?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was also surprised, since there was no VIN and no hard date for delivery. I imagine the November date is a lot more realistic for both of the orders......or orders in Canada are running behind expectations

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
926 Posts
I'm guessing the first order was either a bug or you were lucky in that there was a slate interior P2 already in production and slated for North America that was otherwise unclaimed (or order cancelled) - but not a similar one for Barley.

Related: anyone in North America have a VIN?
I've spoken with customer service and they said VINs should be available in the next couple of weeks for us, along with tracking info. Not sure why they're being mysterious if that information is already available. But that does seem to be their m.o.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I'm guessing the first order was either a bug or you were lucky in that there was a slate interior P2 already in production and slated for North America that was otherwise unclaimed (or order cancelled) - but not a similar one for Barley.

Related: anyone in North America have a VIN?
I've spoken with customer service and they said VINs should be available in the next couple of weeks for us, along with tracking info. Not sure why they're being mysterious if that information is already available. But that does seem to be their m.o.
I too think that original order/delivery date was an anomaly. It's also my understanding that no one in NA has a VIN, and I got the same hocus pocus about the VINs being assigned, but not being released until mid-August. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
926 Posts
I’m sure a nice bureaucrat/lawyer has evaluated the situation and determined that it’s for our own good that we don’t have our VINs :)
(source: married to a lawyer)

·
Registered
590 Posts
I am guessing that European launches were prioritised over US, and to that end a production run of Right Hand drive UK cars took place late June or early July along with LHD european market cars
Orders were then matched to stock on a first come first served basis. I was lucky and placed an order early July and my car is on a ship which left China about 3 weeks ago and due to dock in 4 days. UK cars in transit are rumoured to be delivered early September

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am guessing that European launches were prioritised over US, and to that end a production run of Right Hand drive UK cars took place late June or early July along with LHD european market cars
Orders were then matched to stock on a first come first served basis. I was lucky and placed an order early July and my car is on a ship which left China about 3 weeks ago and due to dock in 4 days. UK cars in transit are rumoured to be delivered early September
This is my thinking too. I'm hoping that it arriving early August doesn't mean we'll actually get them in August - I want a 70 reg plate if possible! ;)
The FAQs say if you're leasing you have to sign the paperwork at least 21 days prior to delivery, so I'm thinking early September is still looking most likely.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is my thinking too. I'm hoping that it arriving early August doesn't mean we'll actually get them in August - I want a 70 reg plate if possible! ;)
The FAQs say if you're leasing you have to sign the paperwork at least 21 days prior to delivery, so I'm thinking early September is still looking most likely.
and probably a green number plate too 😆 official roll out from Autumn this year so may be Sep/Oct ish.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
It's depressing that a July order in the UK can be delivered in Sept while Jan orders in the US are still AWOL :(

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's depressing that a July order in the UK can be delivered in Sept while Jan orders in the US are still AWOL :(
Have there even been any press review models available in the US yet? I'm wondering if maybe the differences in regulations mean they got approval in Europe earlier. All the reviews I've seen online so far have been in Europe.
Or maybe they're prioritising Europe because "patriotism" means a Swedish/Chinese marque is a harder sell against Tesla in the US and vice versa in Europe?
But yes, I agree it does seem ridiculous that orders placed 6 months later here will be fulfilled earlier.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Have there even been any press review models available in the US yet? I'm wondering if maybe the differences in regulations mean they got approval in Europe earlier. All the reviews I've seen online so far have been in Europe.
Or maybe they're prioritising Europe because "patriotism" means a Swedish/Chinese marque is a harder sell against Tesla in the US and vice versa in Europe?
But yes, I agree it does seem ridiculous that orders placed 6 months later here will be fulfilled earlier.
There have been no US reviews. I can't wait for Car and Driver to weigh in.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts