Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I saw the Forbes review just this morning. And while Forbes is a US based publication, the review is from the UK. Forbes for that matter has gone through a transformation driven by the upheaval in the magazine industry. They are a shell of what they used to be. What I gather is they just source independent reporting and publish under the Forbes name which still has some journalistic value -- or so they think :)

Consumer Reports is garbage. It might be ok for washing machines but not cars. Maybe something read by those looking to buy a Camry :LOL:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Consumer Reports isn't that bad, sure they're not reviewing with car enthusiasts in mind, but I think they do a great job of seeing through the hype - when the various Tesla models first came out CR were one of the few that didn't just do fawning reviews and actually called out the horrible build quality issues. I'm looking forward to seeing what they think.

I also hope US-based reviewers are smart enough to call out the service situation over here, however good the car is the fact that you can't get service is something purchasers need to be strongly warned about before buying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe I got super lucky and got a cancelled order one then. Based on the VIN, mine was definitely on a ship from China two weeks before I ordered it!
First time poster.
Ordered 21st July, estimated delivery Dec in the UK,
Asked to confirm order yesterday with a new estimate of Sep.
Rang and asked how realistic this was and told delivery probably Oct.
I have an allocated VIN. How do I find out if its prebuilt and shipped?

·
Registered
45 Posts
First time poster.
Rang and asked how realistic this was and told delivery probably Oct.
I have an allocated VIN. How do I find out if its prebuilt and shipped?
HI,
You could look at this post, hopefully this will help:

·
Registered
7 Posts
HI,
You could look at this post, hopefully this will help:
Sorted. Its on the Morning Linda, due Tilbury 2nd Aug, Zeebruge after that. Likley be early to mid Sep at the earliest that I'd see it I expect

·
Registered
68 Posts
First time poster.
What colour and interior did you pick if you don't mind sharing?
Reason is I ordered the same day as you and I'm still down as November and no Vin.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered on the 24th and have a VIN but haven't heard anything about test drive yet. Haven't figured out tracking yet using the VIN. Do you just type it in marine vessel site? I went for Void and Charcoal.

Test drive is key and could be a deal breaker for me as I'm assuming you aren't committed to anything till you sign a contract so may be able to cancel the order if something really really annoys me....hope it doesn't!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorted. Its on the Morning Linda, due Tilbury 2nd Aug, Zeebruge after that. Likley be early to mid Sep at the earliest that I'd see it I expect
Glad you found it, you must have picked an available colour combination! Same ship as us - i'm hoping for very early September.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do you just type it in marine vessel site?
No there are some phone app that find which vessel your vin in listed on. Then the marine site to track it.

You have 14 days from paying the holding payment to cancel foc. After that they have the option to charge a 'fee' at their discretion, but could be significant. The sales contract states you have 14 days from delivery date to return no questions asked for full refund.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have got to say I'm fairly jealous of you all across the Atlantic.
Here in the US, we're apparently supposed to start test drives in mid-August and many of us have deliveries in September - fairly aligned with the UK schedule - yet we have no VIN, no tracking, no scheduling of test drives, no final contracts or financing/lease confirmation, and no communication from customer service about when all that is meant to happen.

Has anyone in the US or Canada gotten their VIN?
Anyone been to a PopUp in LA or NYC and gotten more information about test drives or deliveries?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here in the US, we're apparently supposed to start test drives in mid-August and many of us have deliveries in September - fairly aligned with the UK schedule - yet we have no VIN, no tracking, no scheduling of test drives, no final contracts or financing/lease confirmation, and no communication from customer service about when all that is meant to happen.

Has anyone in the US or Canada gotten their VIN?
Anyone been to a PopUp in LA or NYC and gotten more information about test drives or deliveries?
I've been in touch with Polestar US recently and they tell me the following:
  • The cars are currently on display for visitors (at least in NYC)
  • Test drives won't be available until late August (so where did that video in Westchester county come from??)
  • They are still setting up their back-end systems (computers, finance and such) after which time we'll get VINs
  • They still see deliveries of initial orders in late September
This story has not changed in a little while now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmm . . . . and mine (y)
Assuming that all the Polestar 2's on board are a mix of UK, Eire(?) & EU vehicles (RHD & LHD) I wonder if an analysis of the VINs would help to see how many are heading for the UK?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't be! We'll sort out all the teething troubles for you guys!
It seems that a few issues need to be sorted out, for example over the air updates, the Tesla-style phone app, etc.
Perhaps in the UK the Volvo dealer network will be more involved in support and service, from what i read in the US the volvo dealers are in some sort of stand off with Polestar?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Perhaps in the UK the Volvo dealer network will be more involved in support and service, from what i read in the US the volvo dealers are in some sort of stand off with Polestar?
A little more than a standoff. The Volvo dealers in Illinois are outright suing Polestar over being cut out:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds to me like thats a part of the reason for the delay in the US. Another factor may be Trump and his anti-Chinese sentiments, coupled with Tesla maybe trying to protect their market?

·
Registered
7 Posts
What colour and interior did you pick if you don't mind sharing?
Reason is I ordered the same day as you and I'm still down as November and no Vin.
I chose void with slate, non performance. I didn't see the need for the performance pack when it doesn't make you go any faster and seems to make the ride pretty firm. I appreciate the ride can be softened, but without an electronic way of doing it I didn't see the point. I'm never going to take it on a track, and on British roads I don't want it to be too firm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered on the 24th and have a VIN but haven't heard anything about test drive yet. Haven't figured out tracking yet using the VIN. Do you just type it in marine vessel site? I went for Void and Charcoal.

Test drive is key and could be a deal breaker for me as I'm assuming you aren't committed to anything till you sign a contract so may be able to cancel the order if something really really annoys me....hope it doesn't!
When I rang Polestar about the change in estimated delivery from December to Sep, I mentioned that at that time I hadn't confirmed my order yet as I hadn't had a test drive yet. She told me that because I had a test drive booked in and because it was only a week after the order confirmation date, that it shouldn't be a problem if I wanted to test drive and then confirm my order. Now in reality I don't know if they would be that accommodating. I've since confirmed my order and my test drive in Farnborough is booked for next Sat.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sounds to me like thats a part of the reason for the delay in the US.
Sounds like a possibility, but I sure hope not. Heck, that could delay things 6 months if they can't come up with another answer. Or it could completely nix any sales to people more than a certain distance from a "Space".

21 - 40 of 50 Posts